talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

Just listened to the CM Punk interview. Pretty much confirms what we already knew. Jack Perry is a douche, nobody respects Tony Khan and the fake journalists are goofs that would create fake headlines from the interview.

The big surprise is AEW didn't help him with his treatment for the torn bicept. At what point is Tony Khan going to start taking people's health seriously? When somebody gets paralysed or killed?

• Subscriber

Well.... did anyone watch Mania? On par with Bryan at WM30 for the long overdue babyface getting the belt.

Looking forward to Raw, to see what surprises are in store.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Well.... did anyone watch Mania? On par with Bryan at WM30 for the long overdue babyface getting the belt.

Seen highlights of it. Was pretty decent.

On 09/04/2024 at 00:15, JoshBRFC said:

The main event was dogshit. If you are a fan who wants to make soy faces because your childhood hero returned I suppose it was probably okay. 

• Upvote 1

It was one of my favourite WrestleManias to be honest with 21 and 30. Partly because we managed to get more of my friends who hadn't watched for years involved and they were all hooked.

It's very rare you get a feelgood show where everything clicks in to place perfectly and this one had it.

On 08/04/2024 at 15:15, JoshBRFC said:

I feel absolutely nothing for Rhodes so simply wasn’t arsed. His internet marks will turn on him within 3 months, guaranteed. He’s got nothing other than ‘this is 4 muh dad and bruther’. Yawn.

• Angry 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I feel absolutely nothing for Rhodes so simply wasn’t arsed. His internet marks will turn on him within 3 months, guaranteed. He’s got nothing other than ‘this is 4 muh dad and bruther’. Yawn.

He does love the same promo again and again doesn't he? Did you know he's Dustys son?

I don't mind him, and he's a good enough in ring wrestler, but lord that kind of match is one I hate. Takes the shine off him, takes away from the achievement of overcoming Roman. 

• Like 1

I love the dichotomy of wrestling fans, those that eat everything up, and those that just sit at home hating on everything because they have diabetes or some shit, both so cringe yet so different.

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah i see wat you mean. What are your thoughts on Roman's reign, now it's over with?

On 09/04/2024 at 23:01, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The main event was dogshit. If you are a fan who wants to make soy faces because your childhood hero returned I suppose it was probably okay. 

Not embarrassed to admit that i am one of those who every time my childhood heroes return, i get caught up in it all.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

I love the dichotomy of wrestling fans, those that eat everything up, and those that just sit at home hating on everything because they have diabetes or some shit, both so cringe yet so different.

I love how either of those 2 can only back up their point by insulting others.

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Devil-Dick Willie what's your ideal main event match?

Uhh, a singles match between cody and roman that cody wins, with bloodline interference of course, but with cody triumphant, Basically last years match but with Cody winning. 

The more special guests run ins and fan service you get the more it does 2 things, 

1. Distract from Codys win. Here we are talking about who turned up for the match, rather than the result. 

2. Undermine Codys win. Beating Roman is supposed to be final boss stuff, but this is more like a WoW dungeon raid where your mates carry you through, and whos to say that Zayn, Owens, Logan Paul, or whoever else wouldn't have beaten Roman too if every man and his dog had come to help them? What did Cody do here that makes him special?

This was supposed to be about Cody and Roman. Instead we're all looking at the rock, Cena, and the return of the cumdertaker. 

• Upvote 2

If the goal was to humiliate Jack Perry, then I think Tony succeeded.

Maybe it got a ratings boost but it made AEW look bad in my opinion. Can see the AEW locker Room face palming while the WWE locker room laugh.

10 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Yeah i see wat you mean. What are your thoughts on Roman's reign, now it's over with?

First 2 1/2 years were genuinely fantastic but the waters were muddied after last wrestlemania which hurt both him and Jey simply because they needed to get Cody to go over this year.

59 minutes ago, 6666 said:

If the goal was to humiliate Jack Perry, then I think Tony succeeded.

Maybe it got a ratings boost but it made AEW look bad in my opinion. Can see the AEW locker Room face palming while the WWE locker room laugh.

Apparently YB and Ospreay did not want to either show the segment or mention wwe/triple h. It’s for Tony written all over it.