talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle United Discussion

football forum

For those that don't know, a former Newcastle United player (North sheilds born) has played for Universitario. His name is Mark Cook. He played for us in 2012 as our backup keeper although he didn't last long here and went to playing non-leagues afterwards. He's 28 years old now and fuck knows where he is.

Nolberto Solano was our manager at the time and he brought him in.

Edited by Guest

On 6/16/2017 at 3:48 PM, HoneyNUFC said:

Linked with Lucas from Liverpool for £4m

Is this the end of Colback :ph34r:

I have been saying that for a long time. It would be a good signing for Newcastle - with loads of experience and contributes off the pitch too, with helping youngsters and newcomers.

11 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

For those that don't know, a former Newcastle United player (North sheilds born) has played for Universitario. His name is Mark Cook. He played for us in 2012 as our backup keeper although he didn't last long here and went to playing non-leagues afterwards. He's 28 years old now and fuck knows where he is.

Nolberto Solano was our manager at the time and he brought him in.

Started writing a piece on him with real info from cook itself. As it so turns out, the newspapers got it all wrong xD

22 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Seems a totally random signing. Not even a professional in England.

He was one of Solano's friends apparently.

I had a chat with Cook yesterday haha.

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Lots of open space and pre season mistakes from both sides last night.

Aarons looked good. Has he also grown a ft?

Mbemba had an absolute stinker at right back. 

Haven't seen any of it, not really interested in pre-season.

How did de Jong do?

3 minutes ago, Toony said:

Haven't seen any of it, not really interested in pre-season.

How did de Jong do?

Pretty anonymous. Didn't do anything wrong, didn't do anything good.

Perez looked lively, Gayle looked lively, Shelvey hit some good balls, Elliott made some good saves.

Mbemba was shite, Haidara was shite, Diame was shite, Mitro was shite.

Lascelles looked fat. 

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Pretty anonymous. Didn't do anything wrong, didn't do anything good.

Perez looked lively, Gayle looked lively, Shelvey hit some good balls, Elliott made some good saves.

Mbemba was shite, Haidara was shite, Diame was shite, Mitro was shite.

Lascelles looked fat. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Elliot start the season as number one, think he's the best keeper at the club.

Not surprised by the players you've listed as shite, we do need some reinforcements, should be able to get Murphy over the line next week hopefully.

Rafa threatens Ashley today and is due to open a SportsDirect store tomorrow in Dublin. 

This isn't a coincidence. Ashley will have been on that phone to make sure the SportsDirect opening isn't hijacked by press asking negative questions.

Pleased about this signing though, liked the look of him at the U21 tournament. Plenty of pace which is what you need in the top flight.

To top it all off the lad is a Newcastle fan

According to many sources here and its starting to hit English sources too.

A bit of a profile on him... he's a player that no defender can stop on the ball. He is better at beating the backline than Messi. Unfortunately, his end product and football brain hold him back. His final cross is awful, and his shooting while not awful, could also be better.

He's been linked with premier league clubs for a long time, and it will be interesting if he could cut it. I think me and @Machado can both agree that he's probably not good enough for a top PL club but maybe at Newcastle he'll be enough.

Edited by Guest

• Administrator

Think we were in for him a couple of summers ago and I'd have loved him here purely based on football manager reasons. Can't say I've seen a lot of him since or any mention of him since tbh

8 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Andre Carillo? Is that Spanish for Andy Carroll xD

Hahaha fair play

1 hour ago, Toony said:

Never seen him mentioned once.

He's also linked with Watford, and as Stan mentioned has been linked with Leicester in the past. Honestly he has the potential to be a player for a club like Liverpool or Tottenham, but right now he's about Newcastle's level, or a mid table side. Sure he's in the middle of his career, by potential I mean if at some point he has better end product.

5 minutes ago, Machado said:

Doesn't have a place in our squad but good enough for NUFC or Watford? He's unbelievably quick when he wants to be but most of the time he's as sluggish as they get.

Benfica are better than Newcastle and Watford for me. Say that as you added that question mark. Agree with everything else though, there's a good reason he's on the bench for you.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Benfica are better than Newcastle and Watford for me. Say that as you added that question mark. Agree with everything else though, there's a good reason he's on the bench for you.

Better as in would beat them in a CL/EL play off... probably, but playing for a Premier League mid table club is at least as demanding as playing for one of Portugal's top 3, because in the PL you face tougher opposition most weekends. The rhythm is also higher in the PL.

• The title was changed to Newcastle United Discussion - Staveley Takeover Bid Submitted