talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga Week 36 Fixtures - 5th May - 8th May 2017

football forum

31 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's the vocab I have issues with. I easily remember nouns but the moment I come to constructing a sentence I'm limited to phrases like 'Tengo un gato pero lo odio' or 'Quisiera cerveza, por favor'.

The only way to defeat that part of learning a new language is practicing it and being around it.  The great thing is that once you've got one, then any other language associated with it is simple and done in weeks.  I learened Catalan in a matter of three months.  Basque is another issue altogether different.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evil? Meh. It's just being a fan from this team or this other team is a moot point these days.

The working class background is fake. The arguably only (rabidly left-wing) "working class" background may be Rayo's. Atlético just happened to be based a river-crossing away from a not very privileged area from 1966 to, apparently, 2017 (now fully gentrified in the vicinity of the river). Next year they are going to be based in an anodine new residential area full of orange brick blocks and wide avenues near the airport.

My humble advice is just not to become a Barça fan as the 'mes que un club' motto is no more than a totalitarian brainwashing masked behind nice words. :ph34r:

A very interesting debate and set of points above. 

It was nice to see Málaga maintaining their recent excellent form and rise up the table under Michel, with a convincing win over Celta yesterday. Of course Celta are distracted by their Europa League adventures, but still Málaga have now won 6 out of their last 7 matches, including victories over Barcelona, Valencia and Granada and Sevilla in local derbies. 

I often used to choose to manage them on FM for some reason, as they had a pretty good set-up but have never won a major trophy in their history, so I took much more pleasure in winning their first major trophy than say Valencia's 20th (I'm just guessing there).

Since Javi Gracia's reign, they seem to be giving more young players a chance as well. Pablo Fornals has been excellent and has been linked with a summer transfer (I like Valencia are currently the favourites to sign him), and Ontiveros looks promising as well. Sandro has been an excellent signing from Barcelona. Koeman wants to take him to Everton I believe. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived