talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Play-offs 2016/2017

• Subscriber

Reading will win this. I've thought for ages they're going to get promoted in the dullest ever way and so far it looks well on course.

Championship play-offs have been dull as fuck since 2013, which is weird because the 2013 Championship play-offs didn't actually take place.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

One of the worst matches I've ever seen. There should be a rule that if both teams are too shite to score then the team that finished 18th in the Premiership just gets to stay up instead B|.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Was last year's final as bad as this? I missed it.

Wasn't that much greater but it was a brilliant goal by Diame to settle the tie. There's not even been a hint of a good goal in this game. 

• Subscriber

As a side note to that game I'm surprised how much Artful Dodger on here has said Hull wasted a place in the league last year when they were comfortably better than Middlesbrough and Sunderland were.

• Administrator

oh my days. that's a finish of a player who's played 115 minutes. 

In normal time, that's in the back of the net from Wells probably. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

Odds on the commentators mentioning how penalties are a lottery? 

odds on commentators saying the loser of the shoot-out is unlucky despite it being deserved if they lose cos of how shit this game is.

45 minutes ago, Dan said:

Reading will win this. I've thought for ages they're going to get promoted in the dullest ever way and so far it looks well on course.

Championship play-offs have been dull as fuck since 2013, which is weird because the 2013 Championship play-offs didn't actually take place.

Often the final is dull because of how much is at stake. The last game where there was a flurry of goals was boring because Norwich won it in the first twenty minutes.

The Swansea victory was the last enjoyable game for a neutral to watch.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Aaroncpfc said:

A lot of work for Huddersfield this summer. Look how many loanees they've relied on. There Managers in demand too.

Mooy, Ward, Izzy Brown and Palmer? 

Only 4. Not that many but they are key players however. Busy transfer window coming up but no doubt plenty of money to spend.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Mooy, Ward, Izzy Brown and Palmer? 

Only 4. Not that many but they are key players however. Busy transfer window coming up but no doubt plenty of money to spend.

Forgot they signed Kachunga. Hopefully they will be allowed them all again next season. Palmer started off very well and the other three are key players.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Forgot they signed Kachunga. Hopefully they will be allowed them all again next season. Palmer started off very well and the other three are key players.

Ward might as well stay at Huddersfield. Not exactly going to get a game at Liverpool.

Same with Mooy and Man City to be honest. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived