• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

League Two Play-offs 2016/2017

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It's a massive shame Blackpool won that today, especially for their fans who're guaranteed the Oyston's remain. 

That's not true at all - this is the last thing the Oyston's wanted - they had their 5 year plan to take the club out the league, this scuppers that. Blackpool fans wanted the team to win today, they just want the Oyston's out too. 

13 minutes ago, Storts said:

That's not true at all - this is the last thing the Oyston's wanted - they had their 5 year plan to take the club out the league, this scuppers that. Blackpool fans wanted the team to win today, they just want the Oyston's out too. 

You've got that the wrong way round. 

The Oyston's are or were convinced that relegation to League Two was just a speed bump in the road back to the Premier League (no, seriously). The club's fans are conflicted from what I know. Obviously it's their club and they want it to be successful but they also want the Oyston's out and to do that, they were hoping the rising costs and lack of income through less fans would drive them out, some even want to see Blackpool lose every game until the Oyston's depart. 

I stand by what I said. It's a crying shame that Blackpool have won that today. 

A very grudging congratulations to Blackpool. They are the experts of getting promoted via the play-offs, I think this is the 5th time that they have done so across the various leagues. There will be a Lancashire mini-league of Blackburn, Blackpool and Fleetwood in League One next season.

Hopefully their off-field problems can be resolved soon and the poisonous Oystons will finally step aside, but that remains to be seen. I hate to see any club, regardless of how much I dislike them, being ruined by useless and despicable owners.  

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

You've got that the wrong way round. 

The Oyston's are or were convinced that relegation to League Two was just a speed bump in the road back to the Premier League (no, seriously). The club's fans are conflicted from what I know. Obviously it's their club and they want it to be successful but they also want the Oyston's out and to do that, they were hoping the rising costs and lack of income through less fans would drive them out, some even want to see Blackpool lose every game until the Oyston's depart. 

I stand by what I said. It's a crying shame that Blackpool have won that today. 

That may be the public line but it's not accurate. They've pocketed the Premier League money and would happily see the club plummet and go out the league, promotion means having to spend more money.

Conflicted maybe, but the majority still want success on the pitch. I'm in regular contact with the Supporters Trust and especially over the last week or so. Something needs to be done about the ownership situation - but promotion is not a bad thing imo. 

21 minutes ago, Storts said:

That may be the public line but it's not accurate. They've pocketed the Premier League money and would happily see the club plummet and go out the league, promotion means having to spend more money.

Conflicted maybe, but the majority still want success on the pitch. I'm in regular contact with the Supporters Trust and especially over the last week or so. Something needs to be done about the ownership situation - but promotion is not a bad thing imo. 

They'd happily see the club plummet so pay transfer fees, dress up in orange suits and attend games? Really don't think so tbh. If that were the case, they'd be like Orient. 

When I was in the car not long ago, I heard Karl Oyston giving an interview on Talksport. Whatever you say about the guy, he is thick-skinned that's for sure. But unsurprisingly he came across as an arrogant, smarmy t*sser. 

I know a lot of lot of fellow Preston fans, who still remembering Blackpool fans flying planes above Deepdale to mock our relegation from the Championship in 2011, have gloated about Blackpool's problems both on the off the pitch. Gloating about them plummeting down the leagues fair enough, but I could never bring myself to gloat about any club regardless of whether they are our arch rivals having to suffer through owners like that. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived