talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

Just now, Asura said:

I understand your frustration and what you are trying to say. You are trying to say "all those that have defended him" were wrong all these years and need to take responsibility for defending him but thats not the solution moving forward isnt it?

If he stays do you see any progress (or sorting out) happening? because clearly I cant see that and I dont see how anyone would say wenger is still the right man for the job. 

There's no frustration anymore mate...  Look at my posts this season. ;)

I want him to stay!  I want him to stay no matter what happens.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

If he stays do you see any progress (or sorting out) happening?

I forgot to answer these bits mate...

No I don't but who knows what can happen...  As Jimmy Greaves used to say; "Football's a funny old game" and never better said!!!

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

because clearly I cant see that and I dont see how anyone would say wenger is still the right man for the job.

This has been the biggest problem and that's the psychosis many Arsenal fans have been living because of how much they have Wenger on a pedestal.

Read back a few times your sentence and think for a minute, think clearly and with objectivity!

I'll put it simple and quick...  How many bigger clubs (MUCH BIGGER CLUBS) than Arsenal have lost coaches over the years and employed new ones continuing to be competitive?

Yes it's a gambling bet for sure, but that's the name of the game.  I don't subscribe to settling for mediocrity.  I constantly search to better myself every day and many times I fail but I learn from those failures and don't commit the same mistake again.

22 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Talk of us taking Mislintat from Dortmund to be our new head scout.

Steve Rowley is going finally so he does need replacing and hopefully this is the start of us modernising the structure of the club. We will see though...

Official now, good to see the club seek out someone with a pretty good record and apparently we are after Zorc as a sporting director too. Good to see the club finally move forward because it's about time!

One thing I do find quite interesting is what is happening at Liverpool. Klopp was regarded as one of the best coaches in the world before he came to Liverpool. So far it hasn't happened. Does show how hard it is to be a top club in my opinion. Like I've said countless times I want wenger out but I think it will be hard to get a manager who will get us to the top.

31 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One thing I do find quite interesting is what is happening at Liverpool. Klopp was regarded as one of the best coaches in the world before he came to Liverpool. So far it hasn't happened. Does show how hard it is to be a top club in my opinion. Like I've said countless times I want wenger out but I think it will be hard to get a manager who will get us to the top.

To be fair Klopp has only had 1 full season so far in which he got to 2 Cup Finals and into the top four. This season we look set to qualify from the group stages of the CL for the first time in something like 9 years, so progress is definitely being made. 

He has improved our squad (attacking wise) no end, we have one of the most sought after midfielders coming in the summer and if he can sort out the defence in the next couple of windows then I’m sure we are going to be a force to be reckoned with. 

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be fair Klopp has only had 1 full season so far in which he got to 2 Cup Finals and into the top four. This season we look set to qualify from the group stages of the CL for the first time in something like 9 years, so progress is definitely being made. 

He has improved our squad (attacking wise) no end, we have one of the most sought after midfielders coming in the summer and if he can sort out the defence in the next couple of windows then I’m sure we are going to be a force to be reckoned with. 

See thats the right attitude I think. Sometimes progression takes time. Even if you don't make the champions league I would deffinitily keep him. I think he wants to build something at Liverpool and he will see it through. It's good to see there are some fans who give the manager more than a few games. Remember fergie took 6 years to win the league with utd. I think the difference between you and us is you have potential where as I don't think arsenal do under wenger.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

We have now appointed Raul Sanllehi from Barcelona as Head of Football Relations. He will apparently be our D.O.F, nice to see the club starting to address issues and actually start to make changes. Not really to sure how good he is or his track record. @SirBalon do you have any knowledge of him?

This my friend, is a massive coup!  Trust me!

if he's permitted to do his work without anyone from the shareholders getting involved, he will bring in the biggest names without a doubt (obviously providing the money is there). He was the one who convinced Neymar to forget Real Madrid who had even done a medical with the Brazilian and come to Barça. His contacts range throughout the footballing world and is the roaming finaliser in any massive deal.

With the appointment of Marc Overmars and now this, I can see we're building a team of intelligent, professional experienced people in the world of the transfer market. ;)

Just now, SirBalon said:

if he's permitted to do his work without anyone from the shareholders getting involved, he will bring in the biggest names without a doubt (obviously providing the money is there). He was the one who convinced Neymar to forget Real Madrid who had even done a medical with the Brazilian and come to Barça. His contacts range throughout the footballing world and is the roaming finaliser in any massive deal.

With the appointment of Marc Overmars and now this, I can see we're building a team of intelligent, professional experienced people in the world of the transfer market. ;)

Great news then, it seems the club are finally relinquishing the power off of Wenger. Hopefully it's not too late though!

30 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think with the pressure of the fans and with Wenger coming to the end of his reign,  the club now might be heading in the right direction but Kroenke needs to go still for the club to move a lot more forward, he is way out of touch, his vote kept the current board on while the rest of the shareholders voted them off. 

2 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

I think with the pressure of the fans and with Wenger coming to the end of his reign,  the club now might be heading in the right direction but Kroenke needs to go still for the club to move a lot more forward, he is way out of touch, his vote kept the current board on while the rest of the shareholders voted them off. 

Sanllehi is used to working with football people and he’ll back Overmars (and vice versa) against anything where Wenger gets involved in their liasing with scouts.

The only worry I have is that Sanllehi has never worked in a club where shareholders have an overpowering say in final decisions. I can only presume that they’ve guaranteed him that the techincal team that’s being built will be able to work without any interruptions or adhering to allowances. 

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Sanllehi is used to working with football people and he’ll back Overmars (and vice versa) against anything where Wenger gets involved in their liasing with scouts.

The only worry I have is that Sanllehi has never worked in a club where shareholders have an overpowering say in final decisions. I can only presume that they’ve guaranteed him that the techincal team that’s being built will be able to work without any interruptions or adhering to allowances. 

Hope the next manager is used to this system and not going for another Wenger type, if they still exist. 

29 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Isn't this instead of Overmars? Not as well as.

I thought Overmars had already signed... Sanllehi is not a techincal director at all, he’s a chief negotiator, one of the best of not the best in the world. He needs a team around him and needs a technical director above him. Answering to a head coach is bordering on the insane and stupidity.