talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

26 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I wonder if Joachim Low might be available after the world cup. Anyone think he could do a good job?

I don't know about Löw's club qualities enough to comment but Inhave followed his international duty enough to understand that his is a long term project and considering the partition amongst Arsenal fans with pro and anti Wenger, that would be difficult to administer to be honest. He would be judged almost instantly as will any new coach coming in. This is the principle reason as to why I want Wenger to stay on... All the positives and all the negatives are of his making and this situation is his for the fixing. Nobody has intervened uptil now and he has been the one and only factor in everything Arsenal where football is concerned.

As for Löw... I wouldn't be against his appointment at all because I admire him (excepting his armpit odour testing). He is a fantastic coach and nobody in Germany would've accomplished what he did. If they admire and revere Heynckes, then Löw deserves a church named for him alone so we can all go and worship. 

When I saw United's third goal where he was just ball watching instead of marking/pressuring Lingaard, its safe to say Xhaka is the worst player in the current arsenal team.  

And whats up with Ozil, after United scored two I thought he would just do his normal thing by jogging for the rest of the 80 mins but he did put in a great display and effort, clearly trying to imcrease his stock value for January window?

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Atletico, with now looking like Napoli and Dortmund to join them in the Europa league. 

I swear Arsenal have the shittiest luck 

And Arsenal have now gone to second favourites to win it now because Atlético Madrid were immediately placed as favourites... Why don’t the bookies trust Arsenal in Europe?  :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Stan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42426756

Tomas Rosicky retires. My first thoughts being that he was a very capable player who was somewhat blighted with injuries as he got older.

@SirBalon @Gunnersauraus @VanPaddy @6666 @Asura @...Dan

Thoughts on his time for you at Arsenal? 

Overrated and always injured, didn't get why he was loved by the fans, hardly did anything and had a long ban also for taking cocaine. 

Arsenal transfer target Steven N'Zonzi has been spotted at Gatwick Airport ahead of the January transfer window – despite Sevilla taking on Real Sociedad tonight.

The former Blackburn star was pictured arriving on Tuesday night and has sparked the rumour mill into life once again.

N'Zonzi was involved in a bust-up with Sevilla boss Eduardo Berizzo after being substituted during their 3-3 draw with Liverpool in the Champions League.

His appearance in London has prompted a fresh wave of speculation over his future with no route back into the Sevilla team anytime soon.

12 hours ago, Stan said:

Tomas Rosicky retires. My first thoughts being that he was a very capable player who was somewhat blighted with injuries as he got older.

Injury blighted career but a magnificently talented player when he played. Loved by fans who aren't cunts.

On 12/20/2017 at 11:02 AM, Stan said:

When he was fit the, energy he used to bring to the midfield wass something special, sadly he is just another victim of Arsenal's curse and could never be fit for a good period of time. 

Don't really understand why Wenger has gone away from the back 3, it's the first time in a while our team looked comfortable and disciplined. 4 at the back has not been effective for me and our results and performances have shown that. I'd like to see us go back to it and bring back Kolasinac. AMN has done much wrong, but we need more width and he just doesn't supply that down the left. I'd like to see him more in midfield actually, which is his natural position as I do really like him.

Also Lacazette is a player I can't quite put my finger on. He has clear quality and I was surprised how good he is in helping our build-up, but I'm surprised with his lack of pace something a lot of people thought he had. I just think he is too hot and cold, and he struggles to impose himself physically on the game. He will get goals but I don't think he is quite the striker we thought we was getting. What have you lads thought of him so far?

19 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Don't really understand why Wenger has gone away from the back 3, it's the first time in a while our team looked comfortable and disciplined. 4 at the back has not been effective for me and our results and performances have shown that. I'd like to see us go back to it and bring back Kolasinac. AMN has done much wrong, but we need more width and he just doesn't supply that down the left. I'd like to see him more in midfield actually, which is his natural position as I do really like him.

Also Lacazette is a player I can't quite put my finger on. He has clear quality and I was surprised how good he is in helping our build-up, but I'm surprised with his lack of pace something a lot of people thought he had. I just think he is too hot and cold, and he struggles to impose himself physically on the game. He will get goals but I don't think he is quite the striker we thought we was getting. What have you lads thought of him so far?

Lacazette is another Wiltord, that is why other big teams were not in for him.    Wenger has lost the plot to be honest, he keeps on changing things, playing midfielders as full backs and left backs as centre backs, its so strange what he is trying to do as its not really working. 

1 hour ago, VanPaddy said:

Arsenal need a new keeper straight away and also a commanding midfielder. 

Cech is no longer at the top of the tree where keepers are concerned for sure. But he’s still competent to a high level in my view. The problems lie firstly in the tactical side of the game (that’s the coaching part of it) and then the protection from midfield that the backline gets... That protection practically doesn’t exist. 

On 12/23/2017 at 15:45, Chaaay AFC said:

I reckon he must've had a high pace stat on FIFA or something because almost everything I read when we were linked to him made reference to this blistering pace which he just doesn't have If you read about him you'd be forgiven for thinking he could leave Usain Bolt in the dust on a good day, but watching him on TV you'd see him routinely get outpaced by players you'd never class as quick. I thought I was going mad.

As a striker, he's just not that good. You don't have to be to have a good scoring record in France, but he doesn't have anything about him physically, mentally, or technically that'll stand out in a better league. If he doesn't go back to France, he'll be at a mid-table club in a few years time.

Edited by Burning Gold

• 2 weeks later...