talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

57 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Arsenal were never in the europa league so they never could win it xD and you've said loads of times how it had no prestige and wasn't important. Also what have those other teams you mentioned got to do with anything

Where did I get Galatasaray from then.  Sorry mate...  Was thinking about another club.  Apologies for that.

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Where did I get Galatasaray from then.  Sorry mate...  Was thinking about another club.  Apologies for that.

If you are refering to the fact that those clubs beat us then yes i agree we could do better. I've said I want wenger to go. I don't think tactically he is great and we are stagnant. I just don't think we will get to the level some fans think. Not you personally I think you are quite realistic. You've even said wenger is not a bad manager. But some fans think we're gonna suddenly spend 200 million and win the league and champions league. It's not gonna happen like that. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If you are refering to the fact that those clubs beat us then yes i agree we could do better. I've said I want wenger to go. I don't think tactically he is great and we are stagnant. I just don't think we will get to the level some fans think. Not you personally I think you are quite realistic. You've even said wenger is not a bad manager. But some fans think we're gonna suddenly spend 200 million and win the league and champions league. It's not gonna happen like that. 

I actually don’t want Wenger to go anymore mate. I changed my mind a few weeks into this season.

As for the Galatasaray game... That was the UEFA CUP FINAL (Europa League these days) which Arsene lost. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I actually don’t want Wenger to go anymore mate. I changed my mind a few weeks into this season.

As for the Galatasaray game... That was the UEFA CUP FINAL (Europa League these days) which Arsene lost. 

Yeah I know. And we probably should have won it. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic on the second part 😃

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It's nothing to with defending wenger mate. It's just pointing out the inconsistencies in their arguments. They keep changing the goal posts. Wenger was critised for not winning a trophy. Then he wins 3 fa cups in.4 years. Suddenly he is a terrible manager for not winning.the league. Only one team.can win it. It's.not easy to win it and he isn't a bad manager for not being able to.win it. The Manchester clubs will always outspend us. And I doubt the board would back any manager the way Chelsea managers get backed. Fans need to be a bit realistic. There are loads of managers who may improve us but not to the level some fans want. Also rich lists can be misleading. For example say someone has a lot of savings. But there is someone else with less savings but a higher income. They can afford things  the person with less income can't even though their net worth is less. Not quite the same but I have read things on football finances and they have beem explained like that. While we're on the subject of financial experts i have read numerous articles that say that arsenal probably don't have the money a lot of fans think. And these are people who a lot more than most fans

oh well.    this frustration stems from the fact that Arsenal last won the league was way back 2003.

5 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah I know. And we probably should have won it. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic on the second part 😃

I'm not being sarcastic at all.  I WANT him to stay....  No more harm can be done and this is his and the board's mess for not telling him to fuck off 5 or 6 years ago (even longer ago for me).  I changed my mind after someone I really respect in all of this showed me how THIS lot need to sort it all out because of what's to come and how the next people would just be the victims of it all.

They created this...  It's their mastermind.

Edited by SirBalon

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Napoli are far better than you, they just lost 4-2 at home ..we are doing you 5-1 ;)

Napoli ARE much better than us on all fronts...  Actually, defensively there's not much difference between the two although domestic football delivers other factors that nullifies one off games in Europe.

It will have nothing to do with what you experienced against Napoli.

Put it this way...  If you whip us royally, it won't be any big surprise.  But football doesn't work like that and when you're back in the bread and butter of your own domestic scene, things you don't expect tend to occur.  You've found certain games against much poorer opposition in the Premier League not all that easy and we CAN offer conundrums in attack that others can't on our day.  We're not competing for anything substantial apart from qualifying for a tournament we have no chance of ever winning right now.  It's upto you guys to sort it out and take the three points.

Edited by SirBalon

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Napoli ARE much better than us on all fronts...  Actually, defensively there's not much difference between the two although domestic football delivers other factors that nullifies one off games in Europe.

It will have nothing to do with what you experienced against Napoli.

Put it this way...  If you whip us royally, it won't be any big surprise.  But football doesn't work like that and when you're back in the bread and butter of your own domestic scene, things you don't expect tend to occur.  You've found certain games against much poorer opposition in the Premier League not all that easy and we CAN offer conundrums in attack that others can't on our day.  We're not competing for anything substantial apart from qualifying for a tournament we have no chance of ever winning right now.  It's upto you guys to sort it out and take the three points.

You will come and have ago (like Napoli) and that will be your un-doing, that's why I mentioned Napoli, teams that do well against us defend deep and look for a counter attack, that's not Wenger! .. Madrid, Spurs, Napoli all tried to play attacking football against us and got battered 4-1, 3-0 & 4-2   ...can you see Wenger coming with a more defensive approach? ..it's your only hope!

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You will come and have ago (like Napoli) and that will be your un-doing, that's why I mentioned Napoli, teams that do well against us defend deep and look for a counter attack, that's not Wenger! .. Madrid, Spurs, Napoli all tried to play attacking football against us and got battered 4-1, 3-0 & 4-2   ...can you see Wenger coming with a more defensive approach? ..it's your only hope!

When did you play Real Madrid?

Anyway...  Yep!  Attacking you leaves spaces and in the Premier League City are definitely the best team around at exploiting things like that!

But It wouldn't surprise me to see Wenger set-up to be defensive at The Etihad.  It's not the first time he's tried that against you guys and it's not the first time it's been successful.  It's al about the state of mind of the Arsenal players which these days is all over the place...  One day it's ok and another day it's non league stuff.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Anyway...  Yep!  Attacking you leaves spaces and in the Premier League City are definitely the best team around at exploiting things like that!

But It wouldn't surprise me to see Wenger set-up to be defensive at The Etihad.  It's not the first time he's tried that against you guys and it's not the first time it's been successful.  It's al about the state of mind of the Arsenal players which these days is all over the place...  One day it's ok and another day it's non league stuff.

4-1 a few weeks back!

If you come more defensive then it will be a harder game for us and a lot closer   ..you can get great odds on an Arsenal win £100 gets you £680 on Betfair exchange, that's a crazy price!  ..£100 on a City win gets you £45 xD

8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

4-1 a few weeks back!

If you come more defensive then it will be a harder game for us and a lot closer   ..you can get great odds on an Arsenal win £100 gets you £680 on Betfair exchange, that's a crazy price!  ..£100 on a City win gets you £45 xD

4-1?  Pre Season? xD

Anyway...

The bookies prices sound just about right for Arsenal these days. xD:(

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

4-1?  Pre Season? xD

Anyway...

The bookies prices sound just about right for Arsenal these days. xD:(

Worth a cheeky punt?  ..can you really see you stopping Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Jesus, Silva etc  well enough to get anything from the game?

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Worth a cheeky punt?  ..can you really see you stopping Sane, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Jesus, Silva etc  well enough to get anything from the game?

Nothing can stop Jesus!  He is all powerful!!! :o

As for a punt...  I've never been a betting man and at most I do the lottery when I remember which is rarely hahaha.  My brother is great at these things and always makes great earners.

22 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah he did it a few years and we won there

1 hour ago, Asura said:

Wenger hinting he might leave arsenal at the end of this season? Fingers crossed it happens and he takes Walcott, Xhaka, Elneny with him

He’s hinted that before!

No way! He HAS to stay now and sort the shit he’s created out. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He’s hinted that before!

No way! He HAS to stay now and sort the shit he’s created out. 

I doubt he is going to sort anything team wise, I seriously doubt his capability to attract top players now. Until few years ago he was hiding behind the new stadium construction excuse for not winning/challenging but thats done and still dont see any improvement. How do you think he will sort things out, if anything it only could get worse and ugly from here with Ozil and Sanchez leaving in a couple of months or staying for an astronomical salary (which I doubt will happen). The best striker he could attract in the recent times is Lacazette, the best central midfielders he could bring in are Elneny and Xhaka, isnt is obvious there is not much he can do now.

Just now, Asura said:

I doubt he is going to sort anything team wise, I seriously doubt his capability to attract top players now. Until few years ago he was hiding behind the new stadium construction excuse for not winning/challenging but thats done and still dont see any improvement. How do you think he will sort things out, if anything it only could get worse and ugly from here with Ozil and Sanchez leaving in a couple of months or staying for an astronomical salary (which I doubt will happen). The best striker he could attract in the recent times is Lacazette, the best central midfielders he could bring in are Elneny and Xhaka, isnt is obvious there is not much he can do now.

Who cares mate!  All those that have defended him for all the years anyone with a working brain cell could see it was all going down hill should now be stuck with him until the man they see as the one that put Arsenal on the map sorts it all out!!!

HE HAS TO STAY!  ALL OF THOSE INVOLVED IN THIS HAVE TO STAY!

Just now, SirBalon said:

Who cares mate!  All those that have defended him for all the years anyone with a working brain cell could see it was all going down hill should now be stuck with him until the man they see as the one that put Arsenal on the map sorts it all out!!!

HE HAS TO STAY!  ALL OF THOSE INVOLVED IN THIS HAVE TO STAY!

I understand your frustration and what you are trying to say. You are trying to say "all those that have defended him" were wrong all these years and need to take responsibility for defending him but thats not the solution moving forward isnt it?

If he stays do you see any progress (or sorting out) happening? because clearly I cant see that and I dont see how anyone would say wenger is still the right man for the job.