talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

On 8/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, SirBalon said:

Realistically.... Where do people think we could finish this season?

Personally I think we have a team that can beat most in this league but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we lost against anyone in the division. It's not like it'd be a major shock.

For me where we finish this season in the Premier League table has more to do with how the top teams do this year than what we do. 

Dont think Arsenal will get the top 4 spot for me. Two Manchester clubs, Spurs and Liverpool are all easily capable of finishing above Arsenal, add Chelsea to the mix who also have a good chance for top 4 spot I dont really think Arsenal will get the champions league spot. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Wilshere doing bits for U23s :ph34r:

I remember when he had that game against Barce and a journalist asked Guardiola what Barce thought of him, said something nice and then said Barce had about 3 Jack Wilsheres in their academy/reserves. And look where he is now.

Arsenal defo need to get rid.

Edited by Danny

Don't really blame him. These idiot Man City players were intentionally targeting him with terrible tackles and the referee failed to deal with the issue, he was obviously going to get frustrated. Should've dealt with the frustration in a smarter way but probably better for him that he did come off early as he probably would've gotten injured otherwise. Was fun to watch.

On 20/08/2017 at 3:04 PM, SirBalon said:

Realistically.... Where do people think we could finish this season?

Personally I think we have a team that can beat most in this league but at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if we lost against anyone in the division. It's not like it'd be a major shock.

For me where we finish this season in the Premier League table has more to do with how the top teams do this year than what we do. 

Hard to say. I feel 100% certain we will finish ahead of spurs this season at Wembley

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Asura said:

image.thumb.png.b20c0fdc008688e50b35a26e84f64002.png

Arsenal face Bate, Koln and Redstar Belgrade in Europa league group stages. Im very excited about the away match at Belgrade, I watched so many of their fans videos in stadiums and they looked electric. 

xDxDxD

Tottenham at the Bernabeu, Arsenal watching Emmerdale 

Mustafi is on the verge of joining Inter Milan.  He and Xhaka have probably been one of the worst buys in the history of the club considering the value involved.  Very worrying the club is selling all the centre backs plus Rob Holding has just been frozen out after just 1 game.  Strong rumours again Van Dijk coming to Arsenal for cash plus chambers. 

Sanchez looks like he will leave now with the deadline of his contract, same with OX, I think Ozil always to leave but no one wants him.    Arsenal is in a huge mess, they have kept a manager on which no one really wants to play for by the look of it with also Mustafi leaving.

Let's see what happens...  I'd rather sell all of those players to be honest because letting them go for free next summer just sounds like damned right stupidity.  Obviously it would turn us into a laughing stock to sell them and not replace them...  Nobody has any idea if they can be replaced so late on or if the club have been negotiating with some big names in secret.  Nobody knows anything!  Just rumours...

As for Özil...  Loved Steven Gerrard's attack on him last week.  He only said what's been said for a long time now by many, but this time it made the world's media because it was him.  Who would sign Özil?  The wages he would carry are ridiculous for a player that you have to carry half of the time.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Let's see what happens...  I'd rather sell all of those players to be honest because letting them go for free next summer just sounds like damned right stupidity.  Obviously it would turn us into a laughing stock to sell them and not replace them...  Nobody has any idea if they can be replaced so late on or if the club have been negotiating with some big names in secret.  Nobody knows anything!  Just rumours...

As for Özil...  Loved Steven Gerrard's attack on him last week.  He only said what's been said for a long time now by many, but this time it made the world's media because it was him.  Who would sign Özil?  The wages he would carry are ridiculous for a player that you have to carry half of the time.

Wenger is desparetly hanging on to them to try and appease the fans, as he knows selling will cause more pressure on him. I mean he pathically offered the Ox 180k p/w apparently.

Hilarious some Arsenal fans also claimed these players would only sign contracts if Wenger stayed... the whole club has no direction and leadership. A brand new technical team has to be brought in, no excuses anymore.

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Wenger is desparetly hanging on to them to try and appease the fans, as he knows selling will cause more pressure on him. I mean he pathically offered the Ox 180k p/w apparently.

Hilarious some Arsenal fans also claimed these players would only sign contracts if Wenger stayed... the whole club has no direction and leadership. A brand new technical team has to be brought in, no excuses anymore.

The Board need to have a serious think now that keeping Wenger was a huge mistake, its very clear no one wants to play for him apart from the average players no other big team would want.     Its a very sad state the club is in,  the board are clueless, nothing has changed, the club is in a downward spiral with all this money floating around and even when they are finally sharing it out, still no one wants to stay because its Wenger that is the problem. 

28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Ozil has the easiest life in the whole world as a footballer, no pressure on him what so ever, always plays 90 minutes without working hard, just has to stroll around and maybe come up with a corner or a pass to make an assist, no matter what the score is, as long as he does that, these cringey Arsenal fans love him for that.  He gets rests alot by the manager, he is pampered so much its embarrassing and he knows it, the only thing now which affects his career is that Germany want their players to be playing Champions League football, so that probably is the reason why he wants to leave but on the other hand he has such an easy life at Arsenal and for the money they will offer him to stay he be silly not to take it.   

Edited by VanPanna

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, VanPanna said:

Sanchez looks like he will leave now with the deadline of his contract, same with OX, I think Ozil always to leave but no one wants him.    Arsenal is in a huge mess, they have kept a manager on which no one really wants to play for by the look of it with also Mustafi leaving.

Ozil wants to stay - he loves Wenger. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He loves his life and Wenger is the enabler mate.  At no other top club would he be the focus.

Yeah, don't know if I've said before but I have a friend very close to all this so I know what goes on at Arsenal xD He describes Wenger as the Geography teacher that all the players love because he lets them get away with what they want. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah, don't know if I've said before but I have a friend very close to all this so I know what goes on at Arsenal xD He describes Wenger as the Geography teacher that all the players love because he lets them get away with what they want. 

To be honest, it's all rather boring at Arsenal now and it's even boring to complain about Arsene Wenger...  Nothing is inspiring and much less all of that now almost hilarious scene of Arsenal fans being so public in their opposition towards Wenger.  The club is as much to blame as him...  He enables his players and the board enable him.  The board won't change because they're practically all major shareholders and the "owner" doesn't give a damn as along as the club remain in the limelight.  If Arsenal qualify for next season's Champions League, that will be a MASSIVE success for everyone at the club.