talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

13 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

xD why not?

Meant to be permanently miserable cos they're losing?

Doesn't really reflect well if you are seen making jokes whilst the club you play for are losing. Similar to when Zlatan was joking with Hazard after a 4-0 spanking.  But like I said, hardly catastrophic. 

American teams dont celebrate because they get fuck all if they finish 4th or 3rd or 2nd in the table, be whatever the sport is. In europe being in top 4 (or top3, 2 depending on the country) gets you a spot to play with the europe's elite. Not saying that arsenal should celebrate top 4 finishes but the comparison doesnt make any sense. American sports are played by them alone and it doesnt matter who finishes where except for the trophy winner.  Football is not very popular in the US but the teams do try to grab the concacaf champions league spot. In the NBA regular season teams do want to finish in the top 8 so as to get into the playoffs. So yeah, its there (to finish in a particular spot) but not at the same level as in europe. 

Arsene Wenger's days are really numbered at Arsenal...  I don't think he will survive even the end of the season let alone sign a new contract.  The fans are now big majority against him and they're turning on the board too.  There were mass demonstrations outside The Emirates and local areas around Highbury with all sorts being said.

This bad blood that now exists between the fans and Wenger is his own fault and that of the club's board for having elongated something that should've ended years back.

6 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

05onfire1_xp-facebookJumbo.jpg

The thing is that I know what he's talking about.  He says the CLUB and not football affairs.  The club is in fantastic shape to be honest and that's what they care about because it fills their pockets.

Rubbish the same shit has been happening for the last 7 years and our squad has completely changed since then. The players do definitely have to take a lot of responsibility. They do hide behind Wenger and have been poor, but I think a lot of this mentality stems from the top all the way down.

• Administrator
On 3/5/2017 at 6:57 PM, Spike said:

Well, you're the only person that has said that about Mustafi.

Mustafi has been one of the few positives for Arsenal  from what I've seen 

19 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Vieira: Wenger is being let down by the players!

skysports-vieira-wenger-arsenal_3907116.

Patrick Vieira insists Arsene Wenger will not throw in the towel at Arsenal and says the players have let their manager down.

Wenger maintains he has not privately made up his mind on his future but will consider fan opinion when he decides whether or not to leave Arsenal in the summer when his contract expires. Arsenal crashed out of the Champions League at the last-16 stage for a seventh consecutive season on Tuesday when they were thrashed 5-1 by Bayern Munich for the second time in two weeks, and Vieira - who captained the Gunners in their most successful period under Wenger - has put the responsibility firmly with the players.

"He is going through a really difficult period but at the same time I know Arsene and he is not the kind of person who will throw the towel in and walk out of this situation," Vieira, who is now manager of MLS side New York City, told Omnisport. "He will fight for it because he is proud and he will give everything like he has been doing for the football club. It is true that people are doubting his capability to manage the team… but I think you have to look at the players and in some situations the players have been letting Arsene down a lot because coaches have responsibility but players have responsibility as well. You can work the whole week in how you want to play but when [the] players [are] on the field they are the ones who have to fight and if you don't do it then it is a problem.

"So we can talk about Arsene, we can talk about other things but I think it is important for players to take responsibility and look at themselves in the mirror."

Full Story

I understand why Vieira is doing that but it's total rubbish.  So they've been letting him down for 10 years now?  And in that time there's been all sorts of different players. 

So when new players are signed the ones that were there before give the new ones a phone call to tell them not to perform and let down Arsene Wenger.  What a load of tosh!

• 3 weeks later...

Could it be that the reasons why Mesut Özil and Alexis Sánchez haven't signed a new contract yet (this is hypothetical but important in today's football) is because  incredibly, there 12 players finishing their contracts at Arsenal in the next 15 months?

For a club the size of Arsenal to have a situation like this is rather mind blowing.  Each agent doesn't want their client to sign their respective renewals first and want to see what the negotiating angles are.  There's status in question here and some will want to have that noticeable within their pay packet.

Edited by SirBalon

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Could it be that the reasons why Mesut Özil and Alexis Sánchez haven't signed a new contract yet (this is hypothetical but important in today's football) is because  incredibly, there 12 players finishing their contracts at Arsenal in the next 15 months?

For a club the size of Arsenal to have a situation like this is rather mind blowing.  Each agent doesn't want their client to sign their respective renewals first and want to see what the negotiating angles are.  There's status in question here and some will want to have that noticeable within their pay packet.

I saw this the other day, couldn't believe your Board/Wenger would let such mismanagement occur.

I love Daniel Levy for this reason - players always on long contracts, extended all the core. Maximise all sales. Since he who shall not be named we don't let that situation arise again. We wouldn't even let Tom Carroll go on a free, extended him so we could make money.

Edited by Storts

48 minutes ago, Storts said:

I saw this the other day, couldn't believe your Board/Wenger would let such mismanagement occur.

I love Daniel Levy for this reason - players always on long contracts, extended all the core. Maximise all sales. Since he who shall not be named we don't let that situation arise again. We wouldn't even let Tom Carroll go on a free, extended him so we could make money.

Agree with this. Spurs along with ourselves dont seem to ever let players go under 18 months left (think we've renewed 6-7 players since last summer) but Arsenal, Jesus wept, they have these same issues every single year. 

53 minutes ago, Storts said:

In a situation such as this the players (especially the higher profile ones) have the club by the short and curlies.  Even the lower profile ones will think they can get more than they would've now.  I bet Bellerín is rueing the fact he renewed so early.

Edited by SirBalon

On 3/28/2017 at 10:30 AM, SirBalon said:

In a situation such as this the players (especially the higher profile ones) have the club by the short and curlies.  Even the lower profile ones will think they can get more than they would've now.  I bet Bellerín is rueing the fact he renewed so early.

With any luck Bellerin will be sold as again he has turned stale only after such a short space of time and is turning into one of liabilities in the team after the biggest overrated talent since Jeremie Aliadiere and that is Alex Iwobi.  

Edited by VanPanna

• Subscriber
On 3/11/2017 at 2:33 AM, Batard said:

Mustafi has been one of the few positives for Arsenal  from what I've seen 

Both games against us he was shocking; as soon as Koscielny was off, all of a sudden he forgot basic positioning. I remember Thiago's goal in the first leg Mustafi was too busy yelling at one of his teammates for losing the ball to notice Thiago make a free run right behind him and through on goal.

On 28/03/2017 at 9:22 AM, SirBalon said:

It's a mess, when Özil and Alexis inevitably leave it will lead to players like Ramsey, Wilshere & Chamberlain getting offered monster deals which they haven't earned. I like all three, but you just know they will angle their way into big contracts, especially with Wenger in charge who will panic sign them to the deals. They have all shown great ability at times but they need to show real consistency which they haven't to date.

We honestly have no leverage right now, massive possibility of no Champions League football, our best two players leaving and a average manager who doesn't get the best out of anyone and isn't the man he used to be.

This season has been grim but it'll be an absolute car crash if Wenger is still here next season.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Bellerin's defending never impressed me. His forward movement and pace is very impressive, however. He'll have a decent career but that Iwobi will end up a bottom-half journeyman. 

Bellerin is all over the place, he is just fast and that is it. He is always out of position gets caught up the field everytime, i do also believe he is being horribly coached. 

1 minute ago, VanPanna said:

Bellerin is all over the place, he is just fast and that is it. He is always out of position gets caught up the field everytime, i do also believe he is being horribly coached. 

A French guy once told me an impressive similie about football: 'some players are like children chasing falling leaves. They think they know where the leaf is going to fall but then the wind changes, then they turn around and chase another leaf till the wind changes again...'

10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

absolutely hilarious 

That is funny to be honest.  But Leyton Orient haven't got the same resources and the comparison is bordering on the psychotic.

But it is well done and the irony is hilarious.