talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Saturday 3rd June - Juventus 1-4 Real Madrid

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Yeah don't know what the fuck happened, Juve was dominating till about 3 o 4 mins from the end of the first half, then when the second half started it looked like they were replaced by the Atletico Madrid that played on the Bernabeu on the semifinal.

Higuain was shit, but then again all Argentinians are.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

yeah, I remember when Spain played in Serie A too. 

Spain are in Italy's group, but maybe a wrong choice of wording. He concedes a lot of howlers for a current "world class keeper" and I've seen them.

My opinion is that he's not world class right now and is considered that because of his reputation. He's become inconsistent and that's what I think.

Congratulations to Real Madrid. A fully deserved win and they were clearly the better team tonight. You cannot argue with 3 Champions League titles in 4 years, and 12 in total (the same number as Barcelona, Bayern and Juve combined). To win a La Liga-Champions League double in a season when they also travelled to Japan for the Club World Cup is incredible. An unbelievably strong squad with so many options, big game players and depth. This is their third separate period of dominance in the European Cup/Champions League. They won 5 titles in a row from 1956-1960, 3 titles in 5 seasons from 1998-2002, and now 3 titles in 4 years from 2014-2017. 

I'm gutted for Juve. They were the better team in the first half and Mandzukic's goal was amazing. But in the 2nd half they were slow and sluggish right from start, constantly on the back foot, and hardly ever looked like scoring. Real Madrid were utterly dominant after the re-start and their breakthrough was coming. 

I'm used to seeing Juve losing in Champions League finals unfortunately, from the 90s through to this season. 

26 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Spain are in Italy's group, but maybe a wrong choice of wording. He concedes a lot of howlers for a current "world class keeper" and I've seen them.

My opinion is that he's not world class right now and is considered that because of his reputation. He's become inconsistent and that's what I think.

Around 2012/13, Buffon went through a rocky period but apart from that he has been pretty consistent.

When he has been playing first team football at the highest level for 22 years, there are going to be some mistakes/soft goals. But how many other keepers are actually better? You don't have to be perfect to be world class, as no one is, you just have to be one of the best.

• Subscriber

Unfortunate result, hard to argue Real played really well in the second half. The Ramos roll around really sums up why I dislike them so much. No reason for it at all, Match was out of reach and he bullshits for Cudrado to get a second yellow. Just disgraceful. Fuck I wish Juve beat their asses.

Why do we need american artists to open a CL final? That was annoying.

Real the deserved winner as they are the best side in Europe. They've got the perfect mix of experience and youthfulness... speed, strength and intelligence. Marcelo... what a player. Can't get enough of watching him.

Zidane's work isn't exactly a miracle imo but it's impressive how he gets his side to play so focused and determined. The winning mentality in this side is something like I've never seen. They always find a way to win these days. No negative body language when they're behind. Having world class players that are used to winning helps but Zidane has got to have something to do with it.

2 hours ago, Machado said:

Why do we need american artists to open a CL final? That was annoying.

Real the deserved winner as they are the best side in Europe. They've got the perfect mix of experience and youthfulness... speed, strength and intelligence. Marcelo... what a player. Can't get enough of watching him.

Zidane's work isn't exactly a miracle imo but it's impressive how he gets his side to play so focused and determined. The winning mentality in this side is something like I've never seen. They always find a way to win these days. No negative body language when they're behind. Having world class players that are used to winning helps but Zidane has got to have something to do with it.

Exactly, I keep saying it, being Ancelotti's assistant improved his man management and coupled with the fact that he was once a star player, he's got an handle on things.

Only saw bits of it, there's no doubt that Real Madrid are the best team in the world. Solid all over the pitch, play good football, very efficient.

Zidane has done a great job, bit disappointed with Juventus but that Mandzukic goal was quite something.

The way that Zidane has managed his entire squad, and not just his first choice XI has been superb. He has kept the second string players hungry, motivated and chomping at the bit to show what they are capable of when they have come in. He has rested Ronaldo when necessary to keep him sharp for the big games. As many of you have said the squad has the ideal balance of technical gifted individuals and resilience and grit. 

Jesús Vallejo and Marcos Llorente have been a revelation out on loan at Eintracht Frankfurt and Alavés respectively, and will both further strengthen their squad in key areas when they come back. 

It looks like Juventus just couldn't keep up the pace of the first half after they came back on the pitch for round 2. They crumbled and had like one good chance when they were trailing 2 goals already. Real Madrid on the other hand played their strongest 45 minutes of their past 3 finals. The Casemiro goal was lucky, but I don't think anyone can deny Real Madrid deserved to take (or keep) the trophy home based on the second half.

As someone who's been watching Champion's League since the nineties, it's amazing to see a side that is so efficient in this competition. For a team to win it 3 times in 4 years in the modern era is kind of unreal, especially when you consider that Real Madrid hasn't missed out on a CL semi-final since the 2009-10 season.

I wonder what will happen next season. It'll take Barcelona or Bayern on a good day to stop this team.

29 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/871128310293696512

who the hell was messing with Juventu's fans last night? people heard a misinformation about a bomb and started running rashly. as a result more than 600 people got injured. Even I feel bad for them.

I heard reports that it either was fireworks or a fence falling over.

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Panflute said:

It looks like Juventus just couldn't keep up the pace of the first half after they came back on the pitch for round 2. They crumbled and had like one good chance when they were trailing 2 goals already. Real Madrid on the other hand played their strongest 45 minutes of their past 3 finals. The Casemiro goal was lucky, but I don't think anyone can deny Real Madrid deserved to take (or keep) the trophy home based on the second half.

As someone who's been watching Champion's League since the nineties, it's amazing to see a side that is so efficient in this competition. For a team to win it 3 times in 4 years in the modern era is kind of unreal, especially when you consider that Real Madrid hasn't missed out on a CL semi-final since the 2009-10 season.

I wonder what will happen next season. It'll take Barcelona or Bayern on a good day to stop this team.

Its going to take something very special indeed and its not just having the best players in the world its having players that won't stop when things go against them. Many a time these games are won just because a team wants it more than just pure skill and having a well balanced team chemistry. Everyone thought Real were having an average season and by all counts what happened in this years edition of the CL will be looked back on as a lesson that you can't discount these kinds of teams because they grinded till the end and got over the line quite comfortably.

I don't know where it all went wrong for Juventus because after watching the first half you'd think they were going to come out in the second half and do more of the same but they seemed to be nervous and their passing was at best pedestrian. The killer for me really was watching their midfield capitulate and show a lack of interest in progressing the ball to their forwards faster. That is what led to the goal in the first half (thing of beauty), they chased and harried the ball off their opponents, got a chance in the box and buried it. They even had the players to do it but they showed lack of ambition and drive. Then the second goal went in and they decided to open up a bit and got punished for it. The next two goals were just a by-product of being pushed into a corner they had to get out of and that was the end of it for them. 

12 hours ago, Storts said:

Went as I expected.

I know many people on the forum don't like to admit it - but this Real Madrid team are exceptional. Best team in Europe without a doubt and fully deserving of this. So much quality all over the pitch. Modric, Kroos and Casemiro is without doubt the best midfield in the world. It has everything. Ronaldo is just a goalscoring machine - Isco is class and Benzema just complements those around him. When you can bring on Bale, Asensio and Morata it says it all.

Zidane has them playing such efficient entertaining football. Throughly professional performance tonight, and no real surprise. Juventus haven't faced a team this good all year, as I said pre match. They just couldn't cope as the game went on.

Must mention Marcelo as well, what a player. He's as important as any other player in that side. So consistent. 

Great post mate, it seems Zidane has actually been given free-reign over this team. Under Ancelotti especially it felt he was having to force players into the team, James Rodriguez especially.

I do wonder with Zidane's legendary stature at the club maybe Perez felt it would be a mistake to get involved with on the field decisions. From this Zidane has seemed to have found the balance with this team, which Real lacked for a long time. 

As you say though this team is brilliant and incredibly efficient. Isco was the shining light for me, why they brought James when they had him was baffling. By far the more superior player.

Yes those poor Juve fans that were injured in Turin. A crazy situation all around with the false alarm and then the panic and evacuation.

Crazy to think that Juve have lost 5 finals in a row in this competition. To be fair in 2015 and 2017 they were the clear underdogs against far more expensively assembled squads with significantly higher wage bills. The 2003 final against Milan was probably close to 50-50 with Nedved suspended (despite the final league positions), and in 1997 and 1998 they were the heavy favourites. 

Real Madrid certainly deserve a lot of credit for their sheer relentlessness and efficiency in this competition over the past few years. 

In the past 4 years, they have won the same number of Champions League titles (3) as Man Utd have won in their entire history, and more than Juventus have won in theirs.

In the past 20 years, they have won more Champions League titles (6) than Barcelona, Bayern or Liverpool have won in each of their entire histories.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived