• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa del Rey Final 2017 - DEPORTIVO ALAVÉS 1-3 FC BARCELONA

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

2-1 Barca! What a move. Neymar starts it with some beautiful bits of skill, lays it through to Messi, who finds Gomes in to space. Perfect ball back across the goal and Neymar has an easy finish. Lovely football. 

FC Barcelona 3-1 Deportivo Alavés (HT)

Very entertaining first half if we ignore the patches where Alavés felt they had to go beyond the rules on their "aggressiveness"...

Goals for for everyone in that first half from slick moves and finishes to a blockbuster thunderbolt free kick.  Great final so far!

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I've little sympathy for what happens to them now, to go so overboard is just unnecessary. It's not as though they have a valid reason for doing so either as they beat Barcelona at the Camp Nou this season as we've already discussed! Hopefully they calm it down in the second half now that they are (half) out of the tie. 

I've really been impressed with Andre Gomes since his introduction to the game, he's probably playing for his contract after a poor first season but it suits Barcelona on the night so I'm not going to complain. Messi has just been his usual magical self in uncomfortable circumstances, he's not been able to get involved as much as he would like with the stop/start nature of the game but when he's had his chance he's scored and set up goals, that third one with Paco was him down to a tee and why I never get bored of seeing him play.

The defence is the only part of the game I can complain about. Pique and Umtiti have looked sloppy in my eyes and Jasper Cillessen needs to give his head a wobble, I can understand him being rusty having not played much this season but this is Barcelona and this is a cup final, there's nowhere to hide! 

That amount of aggressiveness is uncalled for.  It's a game of football and I get that they're a very small club by comparison and I also get that there's an opportunity for them to be remembered forever (I reckon the fact they've made the final gives them that anyway).  But part of that first half was verging on almost the ridiculous to be honest.

The thing is that they have some very talented players like Theo and Llorente (both seemingly Real Madrid bound next season and one's on loan from them).  If they'd have calmed down it would've been more beneficial for them in my view.

• The title was changed to Copa Del Rey Final 2017- Saturday 27th May - Alaves 1-3 Barcelona
  • Administrator

Vamos Barca! 

Saw out the victory with ease. All the entertainment in the first half, the 2 goals just before half time pretty much killed the game anyway.

Messi's first goal was so precise. Hernandez's free-kick was sublime. Power and precision in equal amount. Magic by Neymar led to the 2nd and magic by Messi set up the 3rd.

Great way to send Luis Enrique off from his Barca tenure. Glad he could end his final season with the club with some silverware. 

686327448_20170522025253-kip-U4229797016

FC Barcelona win the Copa del Rey 2017 on the last day of the Vicente Calderón

A wonderful send-off for the mythical Atlético Madrid stadium, Vicente Calderón with the Copa del Rey Final 2017...  It couldn't be more fitting for such a curious stadium but very much loved by football fans across the globe that the oldest football competition in Spain (Copa del Rey) should be held there.

Barça won out on the night against the humble but fantastic Deportivo Alavés by 3-1 with goals from Messi, Alcácer and Neymar for Barcelona with Theo Hernández scoring for the club from Vitória.

This takes Barcelona's Copa del Rey wins to 29 (a record) and also winning three in a row (matching their own record from the early 50s).

_20170528001909-kMQ-U422984392894GsE-980

20170527-636315256367330747_201705272349

• 29 Copas del Rey: FC BARCELONA (1909, 1912, 1913, 1920, 1922, 1925, 1926, 1928, 1942, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1957, 1959, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1978, 1981, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1997, 1998, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2016 and 2017)

It's a major honour and Barça got to the final.  It's an honour that has to be won to be honest and that doesn't make the season a good one, it just passes by.  Put it this way, Real Madrid can't do the triple (something they've never done) because they got eliminated by Celta.  That adds something extra to having won the Copa del Rey this season.

Messi is something else.

Nice for Enrique to sign off with a trophy, he's done a decent job there though I'm sure he'll be quite disappointed with this season on a whole. 

Messi has had a brilliant season individually. 54 goals and not just a bunch of tap ins and poacher goals, but the majority have been of a world class standard, many from his own work. Not to mention the amazing passes and mazey dribble runs(some great ones this season) you see from him most weeks. If the Ballon d'or really is for the best individual on the planet, then there is only one winner this year as it stands, although he never won it last year, despite being levels ahead of everyone as an individual player, so you never know.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

It's a major honour and Barça got to the final.  It's an honour that has to be won to be honest and that doesn't make the season a good one, it just passes by.  Put it this way, Real Madrid can't do the triple (something they've never done) because they got eliminated by Celta.  That adds something extra to having won the Copa del Rey this season.

It wasn't the worst season in the world either for me. Some memorable performances and moments over the season and still a trophy to show for it at the end of the season. I'm sure the team will bounce back also, barring Enrique is replaced adequately as there is still a quality bunch of players there, Messi isn't showing signs of losing his magic, Neymar is one of the best in the world and it just comes down to improving the overall depth of the squad.

I also think some of the rotation players will improve next year as they will be fully settled then, especially Paco Alcacer. To be fair, Andre Gomes has looked a lot better at the end of the season himself, so maybe we will see improvements from him.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived