talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Pleased with the performance last night, overall controlled and created enough chances to win. When we go a goal down we turn to a better team, happened against Newcastle and yesterday against Atletico. A team performance don't think we had a weak link apart from our awful finishing, the chances Morata had and later on Willian have to be scored. If we get Barcelona or PSG in the knock out stages we will be punished if we miss those. Overall Conte comes out again as the winner going from 3-4-3 which was exposed to a new 3-5-1-1 which looks solid and has great balance in defense and attack. He was doubted but the return of Moses was much needed, felt Zappacosta did well to replacing Alonso who was rested. Looking forward to Saturday but we always struggle against teams that are in terrible form. 

Zappacosta only did well due to the amount of space he was given. Atletico didn't view him as a threat and nor should they, as they as well as the 40,000 in attendance and millions of viewers knew what he was going to do, cut inside. 

I know we created a shit ton of chances last night, but this is why I stress the importance of having quality wing backs in our system. Moses tore Atletico's back line a new arse, but his delivery in the final third was appalling. Zappacosta had literally the freedom to do whatever he'd please, yet still wasn't a threat given that he has no pace and he will never take a defender on and whip in a ball. 

Last night was another example of our pathetic performances in front of goal. It took a huge deflection for us to score, Morata ran around his left peg again when through on goal and Willian needs to have his passport checked to see if he really is Brazilian as his technique sidefooting the ball into a empty net was as bad I have seen this decade. Throw in half a dozen other chances we wasted and you get a flavour of what is truly holding us back this season.

When will pull Barca or PSG on Monday we can thank our poor finishing, although there is one name which will have us all jumping up n down.

Why would anyone want Bale? Great player when fit, a injury liability which will end his stay in Madrid. We dont need that gamble, United do, they are panicking they will become the new Liverpool. 

We should Cherry pick from all those guys about to leave Spurs. They will be soon saying last one out switch the lights off on the new stadium as they join winning clubs n proper footballer wages.

4 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Last night was another example of our pathetic performances in front of goal. It took a huge deflection for us to score, Morata ran around his left peg again when through on goal and Willian needs to have his passport checked to see if he really is Brazilian as his technique sidefooting the ball into a empty net was as bad I have seen this decade. Throw in half a dozen other chances we wasted and you get a flavour of what is truly holding us back this season.

When will pull Barca or PSG on Monday we can thank our poor finishing, although there is one name which will have us all jumping up n down.

Why would anyone want Bale? Great player when fit, a injury liability which will end his stay in Madrid. We dont need that gamble, United do, they are panicking they will become the new Liverpool. 

We should Cherry pick from all those guys about to leave Spurs. They will be soon saying last one out switch the lights off on the new stadium as they join winning clubs n proper footballer wages.

I dont think it is that big of a deal that Chelsea finished second in the group. Sure you could draw PSG or Barcelona,  but if you had finished first you could have gotten Real Madrid, Juventus or Bayern Munich. Maybe the second leg at home is an advantage, but not much.

I agree about Bale too much of a liability with his injury record. Maybe for about half what Real would want.  You would get about half a season out of him and he would be enough of an asset marketing wise to recuperate the transfer fee.

I also see a possible assest strip at Spurs if Levy refuses to increase their wage bill.  Hard to see their players wanting to remain there if they can double and triple their wages elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I dont think it is that big of a deal that Chelsea finished second in the group. Sure you could draw PSG or Barcelona,  but if you had finished first you could have gotten Real Madrid, Juventus or Bayern Munich. Maybe the second leg at home is an advantage, but not much.

I agree about Bale too much of a liability with his injury record. Maybe for about half what Real would want.  You would get about half a season out of him and he would be enough of an asset marketing wise to recuperate the transfer fee.

I also see a possible assest strip at Spurs if Levy refuses to increase their wage bill.  Hard to see their players wanting to remain there if they can double and triple their wages elsewhere.

Hello Mate. I am not really fussed who we get, just more tired of our poor finishing leaving us defending small leads or like last night dropping points against a side we made many good chances. I guess we should be happy we came through a tough group with a game to play.

It will be interesting what happens with Bale. Real are not playing very well & from what I understand (I maybe wrong here as I dont give a toss about La Liga) Bale has gone from being accused of being the weak link to becoming injured and the team continuing to play poorly leading some to state they need Bale back in the team as soon as possible. If there is a change of manager it might make his position weaker as Zidane seems to always back him, but I hope we are not daft enough to enter into trying to sign him. We have more important needs. Anyway, its your lot who are panicking. Jose caught on camera tapping Bale up, telling his he dont say anything to the media so he cant sign him. Obviously that paints a picture of he has no intention of signing for United, however, the longer he is on the sidelines he will have a shorter list of clubs after him.

I think many of the Spurs players are starting to look elsewhere for something far greener. From what we read, Ali has already entered into looking for a super agent. You dont do that to sign a new contract at your present club. I think he needs to get his finger out on the pitch as his performances have been weaker so far, but I heard on the radio a few days ago someone stating he has been sussed by clubs leaving not as effective. Time will tell on that and a half good world cup and he can find a club to treble his wages at ease. Interesting line I heard about Harry Kane. After the game in Spain against Real, he was seen to stop n give interviews to all Spanish media outlets, sometimes answering as many as 5 or 6 questions with one outlet. I heard this on Sky's Sunday Supplement from one of the Jurno's who said it raised eyes among the English media who Harry, for a change was economical with. It may mean nothing of course, then again? Time will tell what happens at Spurs, but with Alderweireld openly stating he is no closer to signing a new contract, you can kinda see the future with Levy holding the purse strings.

Thought Bakayoko was good first half but very poor in the second, the mistake he makes on the Saúl goal is a big one as well as Atlético didn't look like scoring at all, gifted them a goal. Atlético looked like they were looking to stay in the game and waiting to see how the Roma game went. If Bakayoko stays with his man, we may well have been sitting top of the group and perhaps Zappacosta could do better with the Torres flick on as well.

May as well start looking at flights to Paris as I bet we get them cunts again. Sick of playing them, mostly because they are very good. We're more than capable of beating them though.

Edited by carefreeluke

33 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Thought Bakayoko was good first half but very poor in the second, the mistake he makes on the Saúl goal is a big one as well as Atlético didn't look like scoring at all, gifted them a goal. Atlético looked like they were looking to stay in the game and waiting to see how the Roma game went. If Bakayoko stays with his man, we may well have been sitting top of the group and perhaps Zappacosta could do better with the Torres flick on as well.

May as well start looking at flights to Paris as I bet we get them cunts again. Sick of playing them, mostly because they are very good. We're more than capable of beating them though.

So he loses his man and costs games often as well? 

Top player xD

14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So he loses his man and costs games often as well? 

Top player xD

Yeah isn't doing well recently. In the mix of that though he's had very good performances against Spurs, Arsenal, Atlético away, and Manchester United and was one of the key reasons why we did well in those games.

Ramires (who had his flaws which must be said) was absolutely dreadful in his first six months as well, (worse than Bakayoko now) and he turned out alright.

Edited by carefreeluke

2 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Yeah isn't doing well recently. In the mix of that though he's had very good performances against Spurs, Arsenal, Atlético away, and Manchester United.

Ramires (who had his flaws which must be said) was absolutely dreadful in his first six months as well, (worse than Bakayoko now) and he turned out alright.

I’ve not taken much notice of him to be fair. I just found the whole topic hilarious. 

First post was about how good he is, followed by a full page of Chelsea fans slagging him off xD

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’ve not taken much notice of him to be fair. I just found the whole topic hilarious. 

First post was about how good he is, followed by a full page of Chelsea fans slagging him off xD

xD ah OK.

Nobody's slagged him off on here, more they've pointed out his poor performances but know there's a potential good player there and know the fact that he needs time. It's in response to some of the abuse he's been getting from other Chelsea fans. He took a while to get going at Monaco as well and it wasn't until last season that they saw the best of him there.

He could turn out to be shite after a few years but he deserves some time. I for example see a very good player there but what I think is going to be more important with regards to his performances in the near future and over the next few years is him staying fit and being free of the demons of his injuries.

Edited by carefreeluke

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

xD ah OK.

Nobody's slagged him off on here, more they've pointed out his poor performances but know there's a potential good player there and know the fact that he needs time. It's in response to some of the abuse he's been getting from other Chelsea fans. He took a while to get going at Monaco as well and it wasn't until last season that they saw the best of him there.

He could turn out to be shite after a few years but he deserves some time. I for example see a very good player there but what I think is going to be more important on whether he turns out good or not, is him staying fit and being free of the demons of his injuries.

From the little ive seen I’d say there is definitely a player in there. Against us he was shite and in other games I’ve seen his finishing was very poor. But apart from that, he looks like a decent player. 

As I said though, I’ve not taken enough notice to cast a proper opinion. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

From the little ive seen I’d say there is definitely a player in there. Against us he was shite and in other games I’ve seen his finishing was very poor. But apart from that, he looks like a decent player. 

As I said though, I’ve not taken enough notice to cast a proper opinion. 

Most of our fan base saw as much as you and calling him a flop already. Next season if he finds his feet they will all be hailing him like the new Essien.

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Most of our fan base saw as much as you and calling him a flop already. Next season if he finds his feet they will all be hailing him like the new Essien.

I actually noticed him first on MOTD (proper barometer) and thought he looked good except for his end product. 

Thats basically all I’ve noticed though. 

29 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I actually noticed him first on MOTD (proper barometer) and thought he looked good except for his end product. 

Thats basically all I’ve noticed though. 

Not half as bad as people suggest overall. Without a proper season i won't even bother to give him a rating. During any game i can tell if a player had a poor game and i would point it out, no matter if i am a fan of the player of not. Same would be for a good performance, shame we don't all think alike.

Edited by True Blue
  • Upvote 1

He basically said this:

‘To speak about the title race after a defeat is a bit strange, especially if this is the fourth defeat of the season, after 16 games. When you have that it’s impossible to think you are in the race, my experience tells me if you want to stay in the race in the first part of the season you can lose once or twice.

‘After 16 games, if you lose four it means you never got started. We started with a defeat at home to Burnley. We lost another game, against Man City, but we have reasons to justify that. Then when you lose to Crystal Palace, who were bottom, and West Ham, who are in a bad position, you can lose points in these games but it means you are not in the title race.'

Lazy journalism

Watched the weekend game again yesterday afternoon and it didnt get any better. I am tired of our manager making excuses after games, although on this occasion, according to Jurno's who were at the PC at the Olympic stadium, they said its the most down they have seen Conte after the many times this season our players have not performed. He seems unable to get his version of the summer out of his mind, but for me, his selections, as in this past weekends and substitutions leave alot to be desired. Does not help himself saying the players are tired & in Morata's case, ill, when he has other players who are either fit or not tired by less minutes played, as in Willian and Pedro. Not starting Moses baffled me and almost all at my Chelsea board. Someone suggested to me this morning we will get a lot of info of the clubs plans for next season as far as manager by who we attempt to sign this coming window. Kinda funny as the word was after we got through the CL group the club were in talks of extending his current deal. I doubt there was any truth in that?

The game: The goal conceded was down to our young defender ball watching. I felt Moyes picked on him. Normal two wide players, Antonio & Arnautovic, took turns to single out Christensen in the middle n played up against him. I felt he had a very difficult time and feel sure he will continue to be targeted by opposing sides. Christensen looked like Rio Ferdinand following the ball with his eyes allowing the player he was marking to twist away from him and accept the ball free of our watching youngster, again. Rio ball watched his whole career, but chiseled out a fine one, so there is still hope for our young star. Blame for goal is down to him but the performance is down to the rest of them and a manager who states the obvious after and gets chastised for it. Manchester City really do look the real deal this time around (didnt see the game but heard that CHEAT Herrera did it yet again), so Conte's words on them could well be true, just unusual for a manager to say it so plainly so early.

Truth always hurts  :dam:

A ton more one could write, but I will spare you all. At least we have Barcelona to look forward too again :D

• Upvote 1