talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

17 minutes ago, True Blue said:

He had a fever against West ham that is why he missed out, also doubtful for tomorrow for the same reasons. Any good source that he is injured?

Just rumors at the moment. 

No LWB upgrade, buying two injured CMs,  getting rid of Chalobah for peanuts,.

The board have really out done themselves. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Just rumors at the moment. 

No LWB upgrade, buying two injured CMs,  getting rid of Chalobah for peanuts,.

The board have really out done themselves. 

One problem left the board room, the female one still there. Let's see what this summer brings

2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

One problem left the board room, the female one still there. Let's see what this summer brings

Oh you don't know? We will guaanteed spend 300 mill, improve in certain areas, then win the title. Then the following summer, we will let certain players go and fail to strengthen properly to defend the league. 

It's a damn cycle. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Watched the weekend game again yesterday afternoon and it didnt get any better. I am tired of our manager making excuses after games, although on this occasion, according to Jurno's who were at the PC at the Olympic stadium, they said its the most down they have seen Conte after the many times this season our players have not performed. He seems unable to get his version of the summer out of his mind, but for me, his selections, as in this past weekends and substitutions leave alot to be desired. Does not help himself saying the players are tired & in Morata's case, ill, when he has other players who are either fit or not tired by less minutes played, as in Willian and Pedro. Not starting Moses baffled me and almost all at my Chelsea board. Someone suggested to me this morning we will get a lot of info of the clubs plans for next season as far as manager by who we attempt to sign this coming window. Kinda funny as the word was after we got through the CL group the club were in talks of extending his current deal. I doubt there was any truth in that?

The game: The goal conceded was down to our young defender ball watching. I felt Moyes picked on him. Normal two wide players, Antonio & Arnautovic, took turns to single out Christensen in the middle n played up against him. I felt he had a very difficult time and feel sure he will continue to be targeted by opposing sides. Christensen looked like Rio Ferdinand following the ball with his eyes allowing the player he was marking to twist away from him and accept the ball free of our watching youngster, again. Rio ball watched his whole career, but chiseled out a fine one, so there is still hope for our young star. Blame for goal is down to him but the performance is down to the rest of them and a manager who states the obvious after and gets chastised for it. Manchester City really do look the real deal this time around (didnt see the game but heard that CHEAT Herrera did it yet again), so Conte's words on them could well be true, just unusual for a manager to say it so plainly so early.

Truth always hurts  :dam:

A ton more one could write, but I will spare you all. At least we have Barcelona to look forward too again :D

Agree here. Was a definite tactical ploy from Moyes, Arnautovic was pinned up against him on many occasions.

8 hours ago, True Blue said:

Morata out today because of back pain and i quote "tiredness". Michy to start today and hopefully in a 3-4-3

I hope you are right on Michy as the rumour's currently being banded about would have you believing he wont be at the club in January.

Makes one wonder if Hazard will lead the line himself or even one from left field... Moses leads the line

We will see in a couple of hours.

46 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Miss him to bits. People tend to forget how good he really was, had something like 20 goals and over 30 assists the 2013 season. Another ruined by Mourinho. 

My bold prediction of that year (that no-one backed me up on at Talk Chelsea) was that Mata would eclipse 20 goals and 20 assists over the season. He bloody did. He didn't quite get 30 assists though. I think he will always be loved by those that watched him at Chelsea, more so than many players that spent longer at the club.

Edited by Spike

Above leads me to a subject being asked by my Chelsea friends elsewhere.

Would you take Mata back on a free from United. I understand his contract is running down at the end of the season?

Plus at United, Chelsea supporting Luke Shaw is out of contract at the end of the season. Fancy him on a free as our Left Back?

3 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Above leads me to a subject being asked by my Chelsea friends elsewhere.

Would you take Mata back on a free from United. I understand his contract is running down at the end of the season?

Plus at United, Chelsea supporting Luke Shaw is out of contract at the end of the season. Fancy him on a free as our Left Back?

He is 29 now and probably past his best, don't think he would have a spot in the team in this formation. 

Yet on a free? Sure

• Subscriber

I've been watching Clarkson and crews new shoe The Grand Tour and catching up on season 1 i came accross this little gem of a clip below. Basically Clarkson doesnt like performance SUV's so he builds his own; taking a chasis from an old land cruiser and drops the body of like an 80's mercedes SL convertible. Hes so proud of his creation that he stops by your training ground to sell it to some of your players.

Onto the game last night, first half solid scored a very good team goal and restricted Bournemouth to any chances. In the second a different Chelsea came out and struggled to keep possession and had a terrible half with Bournemouth getting a late equalizer. Right from the kick off Hazard finally delivered a back heel after millions of tries and Morata was cool on the finish. Ampadu was superb apart from the early yellow he was very solid and composed.

Bad news Alvaro got his fifth yellow, we start Michy for Everton who was appalling last night. Probably 3-4-3 with wingers to be honest.

Edited by True Blue

I was at the game last night and while I could pin point our CF running around his Left foot (YET AGAIN) to score the winner & his idiotic yellow card (He should be fined a weeks wages), the most revealing truth of last night is we have got a proper player in young Ampadu.

For one so young and inexperienced he was magnificent, often instructing Chelsea players around him to move position ect (Reminded me of John when he was first introduced by Ranairi) His mistimed tackle on Defoe was up the pitch and while it gave away a free kick, it was just that, up the pitch and no bother. He did not allow the card to bother him and stood out as a player for the future.

What to do with him will be a problem as he really needs to be playing regular as its plain to see he has a big future. Feller sitting next to me last night suggested sending him to the same club we sent Christensen? Kinda makes sense. I would offer he is probably further along at his age than Christensen at the same and he has the body frame that will fill out more quickly. A wonderful steal from Exeter, I would insist we do good by them as he is a real unpolished gem, one we should all be scratching our heads how he was down there for so long and in turn,

Our youth system are still to produce a true youth team player of this level.