talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

13 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

but it worked last season doofus 

So it worked once and Simeone, Hazard, and Conte are too stupid too adapt and change or even try to see if lightening strikes twice. xD You must be some genius to know about elite tactics that Simeone doesn't.

Nice example by the way. The unnamed scenario that worked once before must be exactly the same as the Atleti v Chelsea match.

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bosingwa once marked Messi out of a game. 

Tactical genius from Hiddink 

Ashley Cole (best fullback in the world at one point)  always had Cristiano in his pocket but struggled against Valencia. According to some logic on here that wouod reduce to Valecia > Cristiano

A slowly increasing theme this season is that in difficult games where we're struggling we're giving away too many fouls. Yesterday against City, against Arsenal and against Burnley we were fouling and giving away too many free kicks at a consistent rate, of course fouls are a part of a football match but when they're coming at a constant rate throughout the match like they were in the games mentioned it's a sign of frustration, tiredness, and lack a of control. For me that's something we need to work on and let's hope it doesn't become a constant issue throughout the season.

A bit of good news,

Morata's injury 'not serious' and Drinkwater should be back after the international break. Rahman expected to return this month. 

After 7 games we are at the same level of points as we were last season, amid a much tougher schedule. 

Alonso-----------------------------------------------------Zappacosta

Christensen-------Luiz-----------Azpilicueta

Edited by Cicero

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

A bit of good news,

Morata's injury 'not serious' and Drinkwater should be back after the international break. Rahman expected to return this month. 

After 7 games we are at the same level of points as we were last season, amid a much tougher schedule. 

next game 5-a-side?

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

A bit of good news,

Rahman is at the club? Haha wtf

Edited by Spike

2 hours ago, True Blue said:

That would basically mean he could start against Palace? I think we will have him back for Watford or Roma

Source is pretty reliable too. We should be fine for Palace and Drinkwater will be back. Still eager for Rahman's return, as I'm excited to see how he'd fair in this wing back role. 

One game at a time. 

• Upvote 1

So, I am sure I have mentioned before I am a bit of a sad git, watching Chelsea's games a number of times and alas, when we lose I still cant crack the habit.

Few things I would like to say.

Firstly, This so called wonder tactical full back playing slightly inside causing us all kinds of problems, at least, thats the BULLSHIT Glenn Hoddle had everyone believe during his crap punditry during the game. It was as thou he had never seen Chelsea play against another top side and completely failing to point out City played with their full backs slightly inside at the new maine road last season. We won that game. Hoddle I am afraid needs to do less games as he sounds as tired as a slug making the dash away from the Salt shaker.

The team did look tired. Very much suffering from the top midweek game where we played at a very high tempo against one of Europes best sides. When you compare the effort of that night against the weekend game, you can see one hell of a difference. You could tell by the managers words after A/M game how concerned he was and alas, his fears came true.

Watching the game again I feel we were comfortable up too our CF leaving the pitch. Who he was replaced with, for me, contributed the most to the outcome of the game. It was the wrong move as we had no out ball from that moment on, which kept the ball returning towards us for pretty much the rest of the game. Mitchy had to be the replacement. This decision, for me, showed the failings of Italian managers who retreat into their shells by becoming defensive.

The other decision of note was the starting of Fabregas. No need for me to repeat myself on this... you all know.

So what can we say. City dominated the game, yet only scored the one goal. Our defence did pretty well for the most part & but for the wonder goal would probably kept a clean sheet. The loss of Morata was the changing point of the game. They do not have a good defence, but Our manager decided to become defensive allowing the game to drift to City.

Dont get fooled by calls of a Masterclass..... We know better

• Upvote 2

On 01/10/2017 at 1:28 PM, Cicero said:

A bit of good news,

Yeah you started of slowly this year then got much better when conte changed the system. I think it will be harder this year I think the premier league is starting to get stronger again

We don't have a good defence??  ..it's currently the best in the league xD  ..played 7, conceeded 2 goals :coffee:   the new fullbacks and keeper have improved us greatly at the back and cut the fatigue bolloxs, we played the same team midweek too, both teams would of recovered by our game, you was worn out on the day because you spent it chasing the ball around :ph34r:

You could of had 2 weeks rest, you still would of been outplayed 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We don't have a good defence??  ..it's currently the best in the league xD  ..played 7, conceeded 2 goals :coffee:   the new fullbacks and keeper have improved us greatly at the back and cut the fatigue bolloxs, we played the same team midweek too, both teams would of recovered by our game, you was worn out on the day because you spent it chasing the ball around :ph34r:

You could of had 2 weeks rest, you still would of been outplayed 

You played Tuesday, We played Wednesday

You played at home, we played away. 

You played Shaktar, we played Atletico Madrid. 

Behave 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You played Tuesday, We played Wednesday

You played at home, we played away. 

You played Shaktar, we played Atletico Madrid. 

Behave 

By friday BOTH teams would be ready to play Saturday   ...onless one is un-fit   

I go to the gym 5 days a week and put in more work than all these fannys and they are pro athletes?  ...48hrs is plently of time!

Edited by Happy Blue