talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your Mental Image of Other Members

football forum

41 minutes ago, Spike said:

Nah this is me and the mrs from last night. A family get together, stateside of course.

Hide contents

IMG_1706.PNG

Nice pic mate...  You both look very happy indeed! ;) 

Actually not like I imagined you...  You look a lot more laid back than the persona you have here at least.  But obviously this is just a photograph!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

I was actually choking my nephew, thank you very much.

I didn't know they had bars you could go to at orphanages so as to dabble in a bit of birch tree branch whipping. xD

Edited by SirBalon

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I didn't know they had bars you could go to at orphanages so as to dabble in a bit of birch tree branch whipping. xD

You need to spend some time in the deep south. Don't let anyone tell you America doesn't have a culture :usa:

1 minute ago, Spike said:

You need to spend some time in the deep south. Don't let anyone tell you America doesn't have a culture :usa:

I've been there mate and I felt exactly the same as when I went to a Safari years ago in Africa.

Instead of birch tree branches, it was guns I saw there.  The littlens had a tough time lifting them up. :ph34r:

Just now, SirBalon said:

I've been there mate and I felt exactly the same as when I went to a Safari years ago in Africa.

Instead of birch tree branches, it was guns I saw there.  The littlens had a tough time lifting them up. :ph34r:

I hope you tried some authentic deep-south soul food. Collard greens, BBQ, grits, fried green tomatoes, ahh the fusion of African-American cooking and traditional Southern cooking really brought out something unique.

Just now, Spike said:

I hope you tried some authentic deep-south soul food. Collard greens, BBQ, grits, fried green tomatoes, ahh the fusion of African-American cooking and traditional Southern cooking really brought out something unique.

I loved the fried chicken and I did try the grits! I still make jokes about grits with my friends and the way the guy in the diner sold them to me so I'd try them. xD

The chicken was amazing though!  The best I've ever had done in that way but something told me I was eating something that should be healthy but no longer was. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I loved the fried chicken and I did try the grits! I still make jokes about grits with my friends and the way the guy in the diner sold them to me so I'd try them. xD

The chicken was amazing though!  The best I've ever had done in that way but something told me I was eating something that should be healthy but no longer was. :ph34r:

A shame you didn't have collards. It looks like crappy boiled cabbage but with the right chef it is something amazing. The flavours of the ham hock and spices is something unique in the pot likker (the jus it is cooked in).

Just now, Spike said:

A shame you didn't have collards. It looks like crappy boiled cabbage but with the right chef it is something amazing. The flavours of the ham hock and spices is something unique in the pot likker (the jus it is cooked in).

I've never heard of the collards to be honest...  But the ham hock I have and I've been told it's great although it takes some doing.  Doesn't it have to be cooked for god knows how long?  Unfortunately I didn't try any of those things.  I wanted to try catfish but where I went they didn't have it.

• The title was changed to Your Mental Image of Other Members