talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rangers - Transfer Thread

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember him having good spells with the Mexican national team and he's a name in the Liga MX, so surely in the Scottish league he'll do well. I reckon Hugh Jass will have a more respectable opinion on him.

4 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Any insider information on this signing @Hugh Jass, @LaSambadeStGermain or @Teso Dos Bichos?

He's a strong and commanding presence in midfield, and is often the starting point of attacks. He has a good long range shooting and decent passing ability, and is pretty comfortable with his weaker left foot. He is excellent at getting the ball forward very quickly, but on the flipside can be slow to track back. He can also look pretty clumsy and predictable and slow with his anticipation. 

He's another player to come out of the fantastic Pachuca youth academy. He had his best success from 2011-2014 during his time at Leon under Gustavo Matosas as a box to box midfielder, when he helped them to back to back titles and would surge forward and score and create plenty of goals. This time 3 years ago, heading into the 2014 World Cup, he was very highly rated and considered to be one of most exciting players in Mexico.

At Chivas while he scored on his debut, he often struggled with the size of the club and his form has been very patchy. I personally wouldn't be surprised if he struggles at Rangers and gets homesick. But of coursechoose files... Click to choose files I hope he proves me wrong.

• 6 months later...

Has seemed a decent enough player in what I have seen of him, still definitely better attacking than defending. A young, inexpensive player who has added depth to a thin imbalanced squad.

Not the type of signing to raise the level of a team, but the type of player that they should have brought in years ago when rebuilding.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 6:20 PM, Rab said:

6 professional games in his career, we'll win the title in no time!

Hopefully he is better than I am expecting.

Never thought teams in situations like Rangers should take in these young loanees without a chance to eventually buy them, has been an annoyance of mine with clubs doing this. They already have a bloated squad with plenty of younger players of their own, they should develop them first before developing players for other clubs.

Haven't seen much of him whilst he has been in England but seemed to be highly rated during his time in the Championship. A common story of a player helping a team being promoted and then being replaced when the club has more money. Rangers have lacked a player who can play wide left effectively enough this season, Windass has shown he is much more effective in a more central role and can be released into that role now.

• 3 months later...
On 31/05/2017 at 18:38, Blue said:

I remember him having good spells with the Mexican national team and he's a name in the Liga MX, so surely in the Scottish league he'll do well. I reckon Hugh Jass will have a more respectable opinion on him.

Certainly making a name for himself back in Mexico!

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

Fabio Cardoso has left the club by mutual consent after only a year at the club

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45006828

Fabio Cardoso has left Rangers a season after arriving at Ibrox following a "mutual termination" of his contract.

The 24-year-old signed a three-year deal when he arrived last summer from Vitoria Setubal for a reported £1.3m.

But the ex-Benfica and Portugal Under-20 player fell out of favour after compatriot Pedro Caixinha was sacked.

Only one of his 19 Rangers appearances came after January and he has not played under new boss Steven Gerrard in their three Europa League qualifiers.

The former England and Liverpool captain has signed Connor Goldson from Brighton & Hove Albion and Nikola Katic from Slaven Belupo to bolster his options in central defence this summer.

Gerrard in a 'rush' to make more Rangers signings

Cardoso began his career with Benfica but only appeared for the club's B team.

After a loan spell with Pacos Ferreira, he spent a season with Vitoria, making 23 appearances as they finished 12th in the Primeira Liga.

Archived