talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

5 hours ago, Cicero said:

As good as DeBruyne has been, people seem to forget that Silva has been class long before DeBruyne was even relevant. 

Who’s forgot? 

Silva is class but De Bruyne is now bordering world class. He’d walk into any side in the world for me. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Who’s forgot? 

Silva is class but De Bruyne is now bordering world class. He’d walk into any side in the world for me. 

Funny how it's only neutrals who rate KDB ahead of Silva. Every City fan seem to have Silva nailed on as their best midfielder. Probably because he is the most instrumental in how they function. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Funny how it's only neutrals who rate KDB ahead of Silva. Every City fan seem to have Silva nailed on as their best midfielder. Probably because he is the most instrumental in how they function. 

I’m pretty sure ‘every’ City fan doesn’t think that. Silva wouldn’t get into any side in the world whereas KDB would. 

He has age on his side, he can play in multiple positions and he’s basically absolute quality in every game. Everything goes through him. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’m pretty sure ‘every’ City fan doesn’t think that. Silva wouldn’t get into any side in the world whereas KDB would. 

He has age on his side, he can play in multiple positions and he’s basically absolute quality in every game. Everything goes through him. 

Well that's not true given Silva is the most crucial element in City's possession play. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Well that's not true given Silva is the most crucial element in City's possession play. 

to be fair, in their away game against us, everything was through De Bruyne. Whether it was getting the ball from Ederson from the back, linking up with Fernandinho or Delph or Walker, supporting Jesus, Sterling or Sane - everything went through him. Not saying Silva wasn't involved in any way, but De Bruyne seemed the more important player. 

De Bruyne was the pivot and the influence for that game and that victory. The goal was just the very tasty icing on top of the cake.

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

As good as DeBruyne has been, people seem to forget that Silva has been class long before DeBruyne was even relevant. 

That's was the most school girl post you've made on here in a long time 😂

Kevin de Bruyne is so last year and not relevant 💅

Edited by Danny

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

@Happy Blue

Opinion?

Like i said to @SirBalon last year, De Bruyne is going to be the best player in the world after Messi & Ronaldo call it a day, he's getting better each season, id take De Bruyne everyday of the week if i had to pick one as would most City fans i speak too

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

I’m sure if you asked him which player he’d rather see the club sell, it would be Silva. 

Yep, De Bruyne makes us tick, he is the heart of the attacking play and the last player we would want to lose

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Like i said to @SirBalon last year, De Bruyne is going to be the best player in the world after Messi & Ronaldo call it a day, he's getting better each season, id take De Bruyne everyday of the week if i had to pick one as would most City fans i speak too

Yep, De Bruyne makes us tick, he is the heart of the attacking play and the last player we would want to lose

I said last season that De Bruyne was the only player that understood Guardiola's system out of all those he had. He's a brilliant player and will be a great asset to Barça when he's ready. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danny said:

That's was the most school girl post you've made on here in a long time 😂

Kevin de Bruyne is so last year and not relevant 💅

That literally makes no sense in context with what I said. You think of me as a school girl? 

#TalkGay365 

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

@Cicero

Opinion?

:ph34r:

He's no Oscar :coffee:

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I said last season that De Bruyne was the only player that understood Guardiola's system out of all those he had. He's a brilliant player and will be a great asset to Barça when he's ready. 

The thing is, moving anywhere from us will be a step or two down

31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Down south, yeah mate, better sunshine and better food. :ph34r:

Think you missed the anywhere part ;)  ..Real Madrid have just tried to tap up De Bruyne, he told them he's signing a contract extension with City so don't bother , Barca would be told the same too. we are more likely to take players from them than they are from us

58 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

we are more likely to take players from them than they are from us

Without a doubt you can sign players from either of the two clubs, players they don't want unless we're talking a very rare Neymar situation which was the second time that's happened in history. It would be impossible as you don't have anything to offer on the scale of playing for either Barça or Real mate... Changing to your club is a genuine step down. 

But aside from all that and my jokes earlier on... De Bruyne is definitely the player that will take you places... Guardiola is seeing things clearer now and he will only make the squad more functional to his ideals as time goes by before he leaves. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

You couldn't even get Sanchez from them xD

We did, he went to City B (Arsenal) and he's now ready to move up to City A team this Jan ;)   ...we have Messi crying down the phone every other week for us to rescue him from the horrible Spanish heat and food, he wants to play in the BIG league before he retires but Peps told him to just sign the contract with Barca, he's too old for us now we are sticking with Sane & Sterling!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Premier League: Man City's record-breaking run in numbers

Manchester City's snowballing winning form shows no sign of letting up as we head towards Christmas.

The Premier League leaders pulled apart Swansea on Wednesday to extend their record for successive top-flight victories to 15.

The only points dropped by Pep Guardiola's side this season were in a 1-1 draw against Everton way back on 21 August.

But how does this run rank against those in the history books and from other pages on the footballing atlas?

Arsenal's turn-of-the-Millennium Invincibles? Chelsea's turbo-charged title tilt last season? Bill Nicholson's Rolls-Royce Spurs side of the 1960s?

Whichever era of football you choose, whichever of the four top tiers you pick, no English team can match the pace set by City this term.

All-time longest winning runs in top four tiers of English football
Date of last game in run Team Length of run
Ongoing Manchester City 15
August 2002 Arsenal 14
December 1905 Bristol City 14
January 1905 Manchester United 14
March 1951 Preston North End 14
March 1892 Preston North End 13
April 1892 Sunderland 13
October 1960 Tottenham 13
December 2016 Chelsea 13

If you boil it down to just the top flight of English football, then local rivals Manchester United - circa 2000 - and the Liverpool side of 1990 can also be spotted in the rear-view mirror.

First England, now the world. Well, Europe at least. City are closing in on on the continent's best ever. Including two managed by Guardiola.

Best winning runs in Europe's top-flight leagues
Nation Team Date of last win Wins in a row
Germany Bayern Munich March 2014 19
Italy Inter Milan February 2007 17
Spain Real Madrid September 2016 16
Spain Barcelona February 2011 16
England Manchester City Ongoing 15
France Bordeaux August 2009 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42347466