talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wednesday 7th June - Italy 3-0 Uruguay

football forum

5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Good that you gave up, because you were wrong.

Saying that the 2010 team on paper is better than this one is a matter of opinion, but saying that they aren't a good team on paper based on results shows that you don't watch much football and just like guessing on a certain team based on stats. Football is about making judgement.

Also, thanks for answering my question. My guess is you know more than me about De Arrascaeta, Torreira, Sosa and Sanchez. Even though you never exit the UK.

Football is about winning games Brian, even you should know that. Nobody cares how a team has played if they don't win. 

I've been out of the UK many times as well. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Toony said:

Football is about winning games Brian, even you should know that. Nobody cares how a team has played if they don't win. 

I've been out of the UK many times as well. 

I actually disagree with that mate. Surely you've heard about the term "the best team doesn't always win"?

I don't think you're understanding my point. As I stated several times, this Uruguay team isn't bad on paper! Its almost as good as 2010. If you put the actual best players in the 11, its a good team.

I don't see how you keep failing to understand their problem. They are too primitive tactically and are stagnant. They aren't getting great results and yes, they have been lucky to have 23 points but as I stated, its not down to the team or the national pool better said.

I know you didn't watch the Peru vs Uruguay match. We won that game because we are much better tactically than them, and I'm not convinced for one second that we have a better squad than Uruguay, or near it. 

Honestly I wouldn't be so frustrated if you actually read and understood my point because you're going way off to a whole nother topic. In terms of performances, 2010 is a lot better but on paper? That's up for debate.

20 minutes ago, Toony said:

You have seen them more than me but I have seen most of them play.

Football is judged by results, if your recent results are crap and your previous results are good people will say that they were better back then.

You just like arguing rubbish.

@LaSambadeStGermain did you miss Toony's post that I have kindly quoted for your convenience?

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I don't think you're understanding my point. As I stated several times, this Uruguay team isn't bad on paper! Its almost as good as 2010. If you put the actual best players in the 11, its a good team.

And he is saying he thinks it's the opposite. So instead, how you about you realize that you have an opinion, as does he. Neither are wrong or right because in the scheme of life, you can't prove or disprove this. This is a forum so that we can share our opinions. You obviously get hurt when people don't agree with you, so either get over it, so shut it.

Just now, Eco said:

@LaSambadeStGermain did you miss Toony's post that I have kindly quoted for your convenience?

And he is saying he thinks it's the opposite. So instead, how you about you realize that you have an opinion, as does he. Neither are wrong or right because in the scheme of life, you can't prove or disprove this. This is a forum so that we can share our opinions. You obviously get hurt when people don't agree with you, so either get over it, so shut it.

I didn't miss his post, that wasn't my argument. For the past hour, I've been stating that this team is better on paper. Put all results aside and just look at the individual talent. That was my point and my only point. I've said why they aren't getting good results to the point where I sound like a broken record.

You also need to learn how to read as I said "this is a matter of opinion" more than 5 times and I can quote you to them. I can respect their opinions and the only reason I'm frustrated is because I've made my point clear and they are still going off topic. I wouldn't be surprised if you chose not to believe me, if you don't want to then thats up to you.

I would recommend to stay out of this as you're not involved.

4 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I didn't miss his post, that wasn't my argument. For the past hour, I've been stating that this team is better on paper. Put all results aside and just look at the individual talent. That was my point and my only point. I've said why they aren't getting good results to the point where I sound like a broken record.

You also need to learn how to read as I said "this is a matter of opinion" more than 5 times and I can quote you to them. I can respect their opinions and the only reason I'm frustrated is because I've made my point clear and they are still going off topic. I wouldn't be surprised if you chose not to believe me, if you don't want to then thats up to you.

I would recommend to stay out of this as you're not involved.

I am involved because this is a game thread and what you are crying about is NOT about the game. You are the one going off topic. You say this team is equal, or better on paper. Cool! They say that they don't think so because of the Results. Rad!

And yes, you said that it's your opinion, but act like it and quit bitching with someone doesn't agree with you. Christ you are absolutely clueless that I'm trying to help you man. You're a smart guy, you football in areas most don't on here, and you have a kick ass job, but lay off of your weak ass bullying attempts because someone agree with your point of view, opinion, or what you think is truth. Quit being a snowflake and relax.

I'm relaxed, the only one making out like I'm crying is you, and if you want to believe that its up to you.

There is no bullying attempts at all on here, I've just went back and read the thread and there is nothing. If I say that they can't read its because I'm trying to get my point across and they still don't understand it. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

giphy.gif

Lets just put this argument to bed shall we?

I don't see anywhere where I intended to bully someone, that's something you believe. At the end of the day though there was no insults. So lets not spam this thread with shite.

Enjoy the match.

I didn't watch the game, but its looking like 5 games lost in a row for Uruguay. Tabarez is like Wenger for them now. He always assembles a shit style of play and an aging squad and somehow does well enough to keep his job even though locals want him out.

Uruguay will begin winning once they get a new manager. The nation is loaded with good tactical coaches  so they can easily find a replacement that will do well enough.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

after all that, you didn't even watch the game xDxD 

I don't watch friendlies unless its Peru mate :)

The loss doesn't surprise me though. You have to ask questions to Tabarez now. 5 losses in a row, competitive fixture or not is unacceptable for Uruguay's standards and especially with the team they have.

I've watched 3 of those matches and its so frustrating to watch. They play in such an outdated way.

1 hour ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I didn't watch the game, but its looking like 5 games lost in a row for Uruguay. Tabarez is like Wenger for them now. He always assembles a shit style of play and an aging squad and somehow does well enough to keep his job even though locals want him out.

Uruguay will begin winning once they get a new manager. The nation is loaded with good tactical coaches  so they can easily find a replacement that will do well enough.

You really are a piece of work. All that talk about Uruguay's team isn't as good, and we must not know because we don't watch, and you don't even watch the match. xD

• The title was changed to Wednesday 7th June - Italy 3-0 Uruguay

Archived