talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Currently sailing around Norway (the members pictures thread will be spammed when I return). What a beautiful part of the world this is, spectacular.

Around the arctic circle mate? Tromso? Alta?

Its a shame eskimo culture doesn't exist in Norway. I'd love to travel to the north of Canada someday (Nunavut) as its fascinating. Seeing how they live, and of course not forgetting the nature.

Guess this explains why you haven't been online lately haha

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm back in Peru as of 2 days ago, really happy to be back. Got a new job as mentioned and back in college with all my mates.

Surely imaginary mates can travel with you as well - why didn't you bring them to Canada?

After calling the AFA 5 times yesterday for them to keep hanging up on me after my question, I finally got it right today. Called them to see if I could go to the U15 South American Championship as Peruvian press or as a volunteer. They told me to call back once the stadiums are set as its in November. Might have a trip to Argentina. I just hope its not in Jujuy. Don't think I'll be able to deal with the heat!

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah I'm heading into the Arctic Circle, I'm just stopped in Trondheim at the moment. 

martinxwhite is my Instagram if you want to see any of my snaps :).

Gave you a follow. You have 3 days to return the follow before I reclick the button.

;) 

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Cure said:

It's official: I'm now a proper student. My uni place was confirmed this morning.

I didn't get the grades I was hoping for but it all begins today.

well done. what uni you off to study at?

• Administrator

Had to renew my home insurance contents cover as it expires next week. Was told in a letter it would be £40 extra than what I paid for last year because premiums have gone up. Rang them up and discussed it, asked for any discount and they said they can bring it down to £94 which is only £2 extra than last year. 

Always pays to ring up instead of just taking their word for it! 

22 hours ago, Stan said:

Had to renew my home insurance contents cover as it expires next week. Was told in a letter it would be £40 extra than what I paid for last year because premiums have gone up. Rang them up and discussed it, asked for any discount and they said they can bring it down to £94 which is only £2 extra than last year. 

Always pays to ring up instead of just taking their word for it! 

Thieving bastards. They probably though that you wouldn't dispute it when trying to rob you.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Thieving bastards. They probably though that you wouldn't dispute it when trying to rob you.

Yep. Makes you wonder how many people they fleece who don't bother ringing and just go with what they're told. 

Insurance companies have protocols to fuck people over. They rely on your lack of persistence, so it's always worth bugging them to try and get a little more.

It works like that with most big companies really. My landlord was offered a 100 euro compensation for the faulty internet service and with a phonecall she got that up to 500.