talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Right you shithouses, I need a bit of advice in relation to getting a new phone. Basically the options are either the Google Pixel XL or Huawei P10 Plus, I'm not a lover of Apple so the iPhones are out of the question and I'm not particularly interested in Samsung either. Does anyone have either of these phones that might be able to give a good recommendation?

Something tells me that you had good words to say about your Pixel @Rab or was that just me having another dream about you?

Pixel is amazing. Had mine for a couple of months and it feels good to have a phone that I don't have to charge twice a day. 

Ridiculously light as well. Barely weighs a thing. Very quick as well when going between apps but that's the Android OS which I've always been a fan of.

The camera is what you'd expect from a smartphone these days, very clear and again quick to store to memory etc.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Pixel is amazing. Had mine for a couple of months and it feels good to have a phone that I don't have to charge twice a day. 

Ridiculously light as well. Barely weighs a thing. Very quick as well when going between apps but that's the Android OS which I've always been a fan of.

The camera is what you'd expect from a smartphone these days, very clear and again quick to store to memory etc.

I love charging my phone twice a day. I don't. But I just can't get on with android 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Thanks mate - is it the 32GB that you have?

yep, got the black one. Picked up a few scratches but that's more down to me than the phone xD 

It has on very few occasions got quite hot but then I have rinsed it watching Netflix or Sky Sports on it tbh.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Does it have expandable storage? I'm also looking for a new phone, although not particularly urgently

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

Does it have expandable storage? I'm also looking for a new phone, although not particularly urgently

I presume you mean space for an SD Card? In which case it does :)

• Administrator
Just now, Burning Gold said:

I do indeed. Thanks

I was ready to buy an HTC U11 as soon as it came out (which I never do) until I found out it doesn't have a headphone jack. What a waste of time that is

:o 

How you meant to listen to music?!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Bluetooth headphones I imagine - complete bullshit though.

more exploitation for the consumer. Like when Apple bought those wireless headphones out - another ridiculous price to pay them because it's the only thing that goes with the phone. The bluetooth headphones HTC will bring out will only function with that phone. 

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Bluetooth headphones I imagine - complete bullshit though.

Yeah, same as the new iphone. I actually have two pairs of bluetooth headphones (one pair of earbuds, one pair of proper headphones) and they're useful for certain things, but for the most part it's so much more convenient to have a pair of normal headphones

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Right you shithouses, I need a bit of advice in relation to getting a new phone. Basically the options are either the Google Pixel XL or Huawei P10 Plus, I'm not a lover of Apple so the iPhones are out of the question and I'm not particularly interested in Samsung either. Does anyone have either of these phones that might be able to give a good recommendation?

Something tells me that you had good words to say about your Pixel @Rab or was that just me having another dream about you?

Get a Pixel XL.

• Subscriber

Bought this last week for the first car.

https://www.perrys.co.uk/vauxhall-corsa-1.4-se-5-door/used-car-50197-22766355

Paid on the day, and the car is mine. 

Didnt want finance, despite certain companies obsessively throwing it at me. 9_9 One place I told them what I wanted to spend and he said... "I tell you what you should do... spend that as a deposit and get a better car for another 5k on finance" I said no mate i tell you what to do, and walked out. Can't stand some salesmen, horrible job xD The place and guy was alright in the end where I bought the car from. 

Edited by JOSHBRFC

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Bought this last week for the first car.

https://www.perrys.co.uk/vauxhall-corsa-1.4-se-5-door/used-car-50197-22766355

Paid on the day, and the car is mine. 

Didnt want finance, despite certain companies obsessively throwing it at me. 9_9 One place I told them what I wanted to spend and he said... "I tell you what you should do... spend that as a deposit and get a better car for another 5k on finance" I said no mate i tell you what to do, and walked out. Can't stand some salesmen, horrible job xD The place and guy was alright in the end where I bought the car from. 

literally bought the same kind of car last month. Corsa 1.4 5-door, 14 plate though. Comparing it to a 09 Fiesta Zetec I had, it is miles better. So much more efficient and comfortable to drive. 

Thankfully went private though. I've worked in a car showroom place before and the salesman are ridiculous. It did make me wonder how many lies they tell their partners and get away with it because they certainly get away with so much crap they spout to customers xD 

11 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Despite people poking fun at them on social media I love the Corsa. I bought one as my first car and I've still got it, love the thing.

Still have mine after my old man sold it on to me back in 2010. Bar a few little pieces of work, it has been very good for me. Looking to change car soon though.