• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sunday, June 11, 2017 - Mexico vs USA

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, oliveandblue said:

Umm well...

The good news is that the USA should qualify now.  The Costa Rica and Panama games are at home.  

The bad news is that our manager picks some of the most regressive lineups I've ever seen.  

Kind of my thoughts on it. Bradley still gives the ball away too easily, but it's hard to be mad at him after his goal.

Mexico goal was so bad on USA's part. Should have just taken out Chicarito's legs when he was in the midfield. Would have been a yellow, but that's okay.

Beasley was too slow, Ascosta played okay, and Gnaby needs to start. Pulisic for Altidore makes me afraid that we are going to play players with the most famous names.

Guzan was dreadful. Wasn't calling off defenders, and shaky the whole night. Congrats Mexico, you gain a draw against USA B.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:59 AM, Teso Dos Bichos said:

xD usa b team? Mexico didnt have marquez, gio, raul Jimenez etc. youre right thought, pulisic is a b team type of player at the most, c team is a better fit. The azteca was too much for him, not one single attacking play by the best usa player. xD

haha, you must have missed when Pulisic carved your defense and had a chance on goal. It's okay though, I'm not even sure you watched the game.

I do think the game was missing the best players from both teams. I was surprised Gio and Jimenez didn't play. Also, us not playing Howard, and starting Beasley and Acosta just goes to show that these weren't the best these two countries have to offer.

Archived