talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 13th June - France 3-2 England

football forum

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pogba has had a great game in fairness. Although it needs to be addressed he is allowed to play freely considering Kante is covering every blade of grass. Looks like Pogba doesn't need Sergio B. 

Little late to the party if you are finally realising Cahill is an average defender. 

• Subscriber

Absolutely predictable England. Been the same literally my entire lifetime. I don't think Southgate is the best manager but I just think failure is so entrenched in the English national team that it doesn't matter who manages us, we'll be the exact same xD.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pogba has had a great game in fairness. Although it needs to be addressed he is allowed to play freely considering Kante is covering every blade of grass. Looks like Pogba doesn't need Sergio B. 

Little late to the party if you are finally realising Cahill is an average defender. 

I said last year France completely wasted Kante by playing him that deep. Completely limits his ability to turn defence into attack. Him and Pogba complement each other.

• Subscriber

Well that was pretty awful. Only a friendly but a massive showing of why we are miles off the top. Can't remember a side looking so bad with eleven men against ten.

• The title was changed to Tuesday 13th June - France 3-2 England

England can't go far in the world cup with this kind of defending. They need to have that sorted.

France have quality all over the park. The only reason they couldn't beat us is because they have a less experienced side and it showed that day, but no NT in the world has more potential than them imo.

Couldn't beat Scotland there was no way we were going to beat France

Give France some credit as they played like we were down to 10 and not the other way round

Sad to think that the last time we won something of note as a football team was when I was in nappies and too young to even crawl. To think I am going to die before we ever win anything again of note

I can't believe how poor we have become as a nation. We can't beat Slovenia, we can't beat Scotland, and we can't beat a half strength ten man France. France are an elite country but we were both in similar positions betweeen 2010 and 2012.

Years after years of not integrating a system where players are salary capped until they hit a certain age to remain focused and dedicated, and another system that allows players to get opportunities in The Premiership to develop, has really bitten us in the arse. Look at those players that won the under 20 World Cup. Our country is structured so that most of them will now get huge wage increases and struggle to break in to their sides first team over the next 2-4 seasons before eventually being moved on. IF they played in france or portugal it would be a completely different story. The FA I get are trying everything but the Premier League are singing off a different hymn sheet.

It's not just players too. We've created a culture where ex professionals do not want to manage clubs and those that do find it almost impossible to establish themselves due to the longevity they last in jobs. I knew it was bad, but I didn't think it would ever be as bad that fucking Gareth Southgate would be our Manager. A Championship failure that gives off more 'ermms' in an interview than I did in a year nine school presentation. There's not one inspiring fibre in that mans body.

I never thought I'd lose interest in England but I completely have. I just feel sorry for the current generation of youth who will now grow up without excitement as close as Euro 96 or feel the optimism of a Golden generation and will grow up so disillusioned with international football they won't deem it anywhere near as important as club football.

The back three were dreadful with Jones having some good moments in fairness but it's important to remember the system used was all over the place defensively, constantly the back three were under pressure and faced with one on one situations (which any Chelsea fan will tell you Cahill hates), he looked good for the majority of last season for us because he's very well protected in a system that's been drilled and drilled and drilled home by Conte, I don't think I've ever watched an England side where this has been the case.

As a defender though you've still got to attempt to defend your one on ones which none of our defenders did well (in fairness this is where Jones had some good moments), it was like our defenders were playing on ice in and around our box and there was so much diving in. Basics of defending, stay on your feet lads.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I can't believe how poor we have become as a nation. We can't beat Slovenia, we can't beat Scotland, and we can't beat a half strength ten man France. France are an elite country but we were both in similar positions betweeen 2010 and 2012.

Years after years of not integrating a system where players are salary capped until they hit a certain age to remain focused and dedicated, and another system that allows players to get opportunities in The Premiership to develop, has really bitten us in the arse. Look at those players that won the under 20 World Cup. Our country is structured so that most of them will now get huge wage increases and struggle to break in to their sides first team over the next 2-4 seasons before eventually being moved on. IF they played in france or portugal it would be a completely different story. The FA I get are trying everything but the Premier League are singing off a different hymn sheet.

It's not just players too. We've created a culture where ex professionals do not want to manage clubs and those that do find it almost impossible to establish themselves due to the longevity they last in jobs. I knew it was bad, but I didn't think it would ever be as bad that fucking Gareth Southgate would be our Manager. A Championship failure that gives off more 'ermms' in an interview than I did in a year nine school presentation. There's not one inspiring fibre in that mans body.

I never thought I'd lose interest in England but I completely have. I just feel sorry for the current generation of youth who will now grow up without excitement as close as Euro 96 or feel the optimism of a Golden generation and will grow up so disillusioned with international football they won't deem it anywhere near as important as club football.

It's just so depressing. I'll be amazed if we get out of our group in Russia. Nothing is ever learnt at senior level.

I want to care about England but I cannot ever feel any passion for such a soulless side. I barely celebrated the equaliser at Scotland. Didn't celebrate the winner against Wales much. I'm just not that bothered. It doesn't do anything for me. It's something I watch but feel nothing for.

We are in such a cycle that we will win nothing in my lifetime. People can bring up Greece 2004 and Portugal 2016 but those sides clearly had something about them. We have absolutely nothing that suggests we can perform in a tournament.

Walk a piss easy qualifying group, delude ourselves we're good, get shown up in tournament, rinse and repeat. Same old.

Why play a back three when it's just a back nine?

Apparently we caused France a load of problems and looked dangerous, this is the problem. We were mediocre against Scotland but it was hailed as a "never say die" attitude and we were largely inept last night but apparently it was a 50/50 of good performances and bad.

On 14/06/2017 at 9:03 AM, Danny said:

Why play a back three when it's just a back nine?

Apparently we caused France a load of problems and looked dangerous, this is the problem. We were mediocre against Scotland but it was hailed as a "never say die" attitude and we were largely inept last night but apparently it was a 50/50 of good performances and bad.

I think those comments are more psychological to the players than anything. Morale must be shot to pieces and if they're getting hammered by everybody I can't see Gareth Urmm Southgate being the man to pick them back up. We've just got to massage their flacid ego's otherwise in a hiarlious circumstance we could drop points to Slovakia and Slovenia and end up not qualifying. We'd really struggle in other groups at the moment.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived