• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2017 Wimbledon

football forum

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

fantastic game between Kerber and Muguruza earlier. Very evenly balanced and most games went to deuce if i remember correctly.

Konta vs Garcia was also a good watch. Konta coming through with a bit of a challenge despite going ahead early in the first set.

Nadal loses the first set. Muller serving game as Rando said is very strong. 

• Subscriber

Caught some of Kerber Muguruza earlier. Kerber looked somewhat back to her best in the first set but Garbine still got her, well done.

Was sweating on Konta earlier following the live scores but she made it to the last eight, excellent. 

Lots going on at the moment. Murray two sets up on Paire but the Frenchman still hanging on in set three. Nadal a set down to Muller puts him in a dangerous position as Muller can just ace his way to tie breaks now and put Rafa under the mega pressure of losing a second set. Querrey and Anderson into a fifth set, Zverev surprisingly an early break up on Raonic, and Berdych leading Thiem by a set.

• Subscriber

Murray easily through after a tough first set.

Nadal 2 down... :D it's not that I don't like him I just love Federer and don't want Nadal beating his record of GS. 

Federer up next on Centre court. Very tough match against Dmitrov who will have a point to prove on this big stage. 

• Subscriber

Murray through in straights but all the drama is going on elsewhere.

Muller doesn't need a tie break to take a TWO SET LEAD against Nadal who now needs one of the comebacks of his career to stay in Wimbledon. 

Thiem has levelled it at one set all against Berdych but Berdych has an early break in set three. Raonic now trails by a set and a break to young Zverev and Querrey is about to finish off Anderson and advance to face Murray in the quarter finals. 

At the moment it looks like a quarter final line up of 

Murray v Querrey

Cilic v Muller

Federer v Zverev

Djokovic v Berdych

Andy getting the best deal if that transpires. 

• Subscriber

Nadal gets a set back and looks like he fancies this, already got break points early in the fourth set - backhand long, back to deuce on Muller's serve.

Federer has just served out the first set 6-4 against Dimitrov.

Raonic turned around the second set against Zverev to level the match, early stages of the third set there. Berdych leads Thiem two sets to one, but Thiem has just broken serve and is serving for the fourth set so that could still go either way.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Federer making this look way too easy. 

Nadal is on the comeback....

RF :x

RN :x 

Haha. Nadal way back in to this and momentum has swung this way. Sussed out Muller and how to return the big serve. Something that Nadal's improved on seemingly since being beaten by Rosol's big serve few years ago. 

• Subscriber

Not taking anything away from Federer but Dimitrov should be putting up a much better fight than that.

Nadal should have this now in the fifth but Muller is still dangerous, definitely not a foregone conclusion. 

Zverev now leads Raonic two sets to one. Berdych has beaten Dominic Thiem in five sets and will go through to face EDIT: Djokovic barring a ridiculous upset by Mannarino.

• Administrator
18 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Dimitrov (13) v Federer (3) - Centre Court 6pm

Once dubbed "baby-Fed", Dimitrov has not yet fulfilled his potential but he is a former semi-finalist at Wimbledon and looks in good form. This is the tie of the round and Federer's first big test of the draw. 

cor, you don't know anything about tennis mate :ph34r: 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

That was special. Double faults to go 15-40 behind then went full on beast mode. 

incredible match however it ends up. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Tennis is such AIDS, there's literally nothing I like about it. 

Game for benders.

5 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Thanks for that. :censored:

that's why Cannabis will never be admin.

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

I love it when you get one of those crazy 5 set matches that runs late into the night and lasts forever. Hope it continues.

yep! Remember Isner vs Mahut few years ago xD went on for an eternity.

This also reminds me of Nadal vs Federer in 2008 but obvs that was on a grander scale

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

yep! Remember Isner vs Mahut few years ago xD went on for an eternity.

This also reminds me of Nadal vs Federer in 2008 but obvs that was on a grander scale

I want Nadal to win incase Murray doesn't make the final just so it could be a classic Federer v Nadal game again.

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

I want Nadal to win incase Murray doesn't make the final just so it could be a classic Federer v Nadal game again.

imagine.

my TV nearly went in to standby mode because i hadn't changed anything for over 2 hours xD 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived