talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Douglas Costa to join Juve

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Agree with Cannabis, he always looked like he was a player that had the energy and skill to succeed shame it didn't work out in Germany for him but its not like that move is bad at all.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

I like Douglas Costa, it's such a shame that things didn't really work out with Bayern.

My impression is that injuries and the change of coaches affected his performance. I´m not a Bayern fan but looking from afar, it seems that Ancelotti values the dressing room chemistry and Ribéry and Robben would always gain more playing time than Douglas Costa, and that meant Costa never really got a sequence to shake off the rust after his injury. 

He´s doing well for Brazil, so I believe his season does not represent a serious decline, it was more of a anomaly. Good signing for Juventus. 

Will be a great addition to Juve's squad. The real question here though, is that with Ribery aging why do Bayern even want to get rid of this guy? To make room for Alexis Sanchez could be a possibility

But this guy was quality under Guardiola at Bayern, and this move to Juve could be his chance to rejuvenate his career, as he hasn't flourished much under Ancelotti.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

My impression is that injuries and the change of coaches affected his performance. I´m not a Bayern fan but looking from afar, it seems that Ancelotti values the dressing room chemistry and Ribéry and Robben would always gain more playing time than Douglas Costa, and that meant Costa never really got a sequence to shake off the rust after his injury. 

He´s doing well for Brazil, so I believe his season does not represent a serious decline, it was more of a anomaly. Good signing for Juventus. 

The injuries contributed. The main complaint i would have is his perceived lack of effort on the pitch. The last half the season he never looked to put an effort in or care to fight at all.  I think the writing was on the wall when he tried to push for a higher wage and saw nothing but stiff arms for it. If hes motivated i think Juve will have done quite well, either way his time in Munich was over and im happy with the amount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Looks like it might collapse after all. Talks stalled over the last handful of days apparently over the fee and Juve are looking at alternatives. I just cant see how he comes back to training camp O.o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived