talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Turkey will stop teaching evolution in schools

football forum

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So genocide is okay then?!

Fucking hell.

No mate!  Genocide isn't ok and I think you're putting words into my mouth.

I am all for the Kurdish plight, more so including than others that are more in the media.  My wording on "Kurds aren't worth anything" is a kick in the arse of Western policies because the Kurdish plight which is older than even the Palestinian one has always been kept in the background.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

No mate!  Genocide isn't ok and I think you're putting words into my mouth.

I am all for the Kurdish plight, more so including than others that are more in the media.  My wording on "Kurds aren't worth anything" is a kick in the arse of Western policies because the Kurdish plight which is older than even the Palestinian one has always been kept in the background.

You did say "that's not a problem" to a Kurd centric repeat of the Armenian genocide (which Kurds we're actually victims of as well) - so it's an easy mistake to make.

I'm worried about the direction the world is heading. It's not just Turkey that is building a rabid anti-science a political environment and more religious political environment. And now opinions are given the same weight as facts, even when untrue. 

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You did say "that's not a problem" to a Kurd centric repeat of the Armenian genocide (which Kurds we're actually victims of as well) - so it's an easy mistake to make.

I'm worried about the direction the world is heading. It's not just Turkey that is building a rabid anti-science a political environment and more religious political environment. And now opinions are given the same weight as facts, even when untrue. 

I did day that about the connection between what Turkey done to the Armenians and what's been occurring with the Kurdish plight...  But it was sarcastic because the Kurdish problem is a hidden one politically and the Palestinian issue has been taken more into the mainstream for obvious reasons connected to the ongoing anti-semite sentiments so many have. It's now become almost fashionable to be anti jew!

I know quite a bit about the Kurdish issue and its history.  I've mentioned it o the other forum in the past and how it's been ignored.

Speaking of the kurds, I saw yesterday a video on how yazidis are treated in Kurdistan. It is very hard to differenciate what is propaganda from what is true in some parts of the Middle East, but I what I saw is  not a nice look to the kurds. 

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 11:37 AM, El_Loco said:

Speaking of the kurds, I saw yesterday a video on how yazidis are treated in Kurdistan. It is very hard to differenciate what is propaganda from what is true in some parts of the Middle East, but I what I saw is  not a nice look to the kurds. 

Tbf every ethnic group in the Middle East fucking hates each other and if left to their own devices would all do horrible things to them (which, really, is what they do to each other).

59 minutes ago, Anton said:

Bill Nye's programs are still a good educational tool for the basic principles of many Scientific subjects. Beyond that, I don't know how good he is...

As for the topic, bunch of Turkeys!

Telling young people that genetics is defined by how they chose to see themselves is wrong.

47 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Telling young people that genetics is defined by how they chose to see themselves is wrong.

I have never shown the genetics video. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: Did some research and his 1990's videos stated your gender is based on chromosomes. Is this all because of a song he did later?

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/28/actually-bill-nye-did-properly-explain-gender-in-his-1990s-childrens-show/

Typical internet. 

@Fairy In Boots

On 25/06/2017 at 8:37 PM, El_Loco said:

https://www.codigonuevo.com/cruzados-espanoles-estado-islamico/

27 minutes ago, Anton said:

EDIT: Did some research and his 1990's videos stated your gender is based on chromosomes. Is this all because of a song he did later?

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/28/actually-bill-nye-did-properly-explain-gender-in-his-1990s-childrens-show/

Typical internet. 

@Fairy In Boots

Yeah recently he has become a libby fuck tard. Back in the 90s when humanity dealt in facts he was fine I guess.

37 minutes ago, Anton said:

Typical internet. 

@Fairy In Boots

Yep new Netflix show. 

On 2017-6-30 at 3:10 AM, SirBalon said:

Gracias, Baloncito. Honestly, everything is so complicated in Middle East. there are so many ethnic and religious groups. As I understand, the yazidis are ethnically kurds but they´re not muslims, and there were some reports of them being treated as second rate citizens and cheap labour due in Kurdistan. 

To state the obvious, the Iraq War was a huge mistake, because Iraq didn´t have a strong national identity and while those ethnic and religious divisions made it easier to defeat the regular troops and depose Saddam, it complicated the aftermath of an already very unstable nation. In the end of the day, the americans never knew who they actually would end up fighting. What is worse is that they repeated the mistake in Lybia not even a decade later, another deeply divided and tribal country. 

It seems like every move western powers make worsens an already very bad scenario. I think the only winners in all of this, if there is one, are the chinese, who are smart enough to stay out of direct interventions.

By the way, in my opinion the russian and the chinese are banking the right horse in the fight for the supremacy in the Gulf. Considering their strong national identity and unity, natural resources and population, I think Iran is the natural power in the Gulf region and will prevail. I´m not sure why western powers still blindly support Saudi Arabia.

Archived