talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Werder Bremen Thread

brand.gif.c169d78d8e495240ca8d3db73c08d29e.gif

Sportverein Werder Bremen von 1899 e. V. (German pronunciation: [ˈvɛʁdɐ ˈbʁeːmən]), commonly known as Werder Bremen, is a German sports club located in Bremen[1] in the northwest German federal state Free Hanseatic City of Bremen. The club was founded in 1899 and has grown to 40,400 members.[1] It is best known for its association football team.

All discussion relating to Bremen that does not warrant its own thread (i.e. - players signing new contracts, newspaper clippings etc...) should take place here.

Edited by Ubuntu

Just now, Ubuntu said:

Yeah - I decided to make this for @nudge. She's a only Bremen-ite I know.

We have the Aussie as well! I messaged a few older Bremen Fans about this site, but none of them showed up so far. 

• The title was changed to Werder Bremen Thread
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

What a beautiful run: 13 points, 4 wins/1 draw and only 2 goals conceded in the last 5 matches.

Now it's important to win or at least draw against HSV (probably will be the deciding match of the season) and Ingolstadt, and get as many points as possible against Freiburg, Hertha, Köln and Frankfurt, and then we should hopefully be safe, although the fight for survival is soooo tight again this year, anything could still happen. If only it was that exciting at the top of the table, haha...

Regardless of how it goes, I hope Alex Nouri will get a new contract. It's refreshing to finally see a manager who actually has a concept, adapts the team tactics and formation to the opposition, and reacts on what's going on on the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

We should, and I think we will, but the margin is so small we could still end up in a relegation playoff if everything goes against us. I think Ingolstadt and Darmstadt are definitely going down, but they are not playing that bad and it will be tough until the very end.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Luca Caldirola out for the rest of the season with a broken foot :(

Sané, Caldirola, Bauer, Delaney, Bargfrede, Fritz, Gnabry, Hajrovic - all injured at the moment, although there's hoping that Sané and Gnabry will be fit for the HSV match next week. Bargfrede could be an option too.

• Subscriber

Haha, I love Garcia, but he's been dropped for a reason. Once Augustinsson arrives, Garcia will surely be second choice behind him. If he extends his contract in the first place, that is.

Bauer is a beast, even when he plays out of position, and he still has sooo much potential. Wouldn't be surprised to see him getting a call up to the NT in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Santi Garcia has rejected our first offer for a new contract, and it looks more and more unlikely that he'll stay in the club.

In better news, Baumann confirmed new contract talks with Nouri who is willing to stay :x

• Subscriber

Depends on the financial side of the transfer, i.e transfer fee and his wage requirements. Other than that, why would anyone resent him? Selke played with open cards, his transfer to RB was properly done, and we got quite a bit of money from the deal.

2 hours ago, Chadwell said:

So Bremen fans, how respond you to this news that apparently your club seeks to bring Selke back from RB? Would you personally welcome him back? Begrudgingly welcome him back? Resent his return to your colors?

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Depends on the financial side of the transfer, i.e transfer fee and his wage requirements. Other than that, why would anyone resent him? Selke played with open cards, his transfer to RB was properly done, and we got quite a bit of money from the deal.

On 16.4.2017 at 2:34 PM, Tanksie said:

Borussia Dortmund. Hipster fanny bait, and a team that are ultimately a pack of cunts who ran off to chase more money, couldn't handle the heat and came back, tails between their legs

Liverpool. Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez, 'we're gonna win the league'. Woy, the return of king Kenny, and a wold famous stadium that you could hear a pin drop in.

Augsburg. No prescribed reason, just small time cunts with a shit squad who have a knack for beating Bremen

Inter Milan. Cunt owner after cunt owner, a hilariously shortsighted business plan that has left them a wreck

Barcelona. Operation free Fabregas, Sergio Busquets, that little cunt Messi, Suarez and the overall cringe involved.

Real Madrid. Pepe and a small time attitude.

:35_thinking: