talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Hamburger SV Thread

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Chadwell said:

I'm so hyped for this season haha. Bremen, Schalke, St Pauli... it's as if the boys are back in town! If only Koln had been relegated too ¬¬

Same! If it wasn't for our precarious financial situation, I would actually be relieved to play in 2. Liga and hopefully challenge for promotion instead of struggling in 1. Liga every season... Also very happy to have the Nordderby again; it's been a long time and I missed it! 

Hope to see you more often on here now... :) How's life?

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Alright, sorry @Tommy but I do have some history in liking HSV so they may have to be my other German side. Plus Hamburg sounds like a cool place. So does Dusseldorf though, tbf.

Wow, what a slut! :ph34r::22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Well, I've never seen Hamburg, but I always wanted to. Some say it's the most beautiful city in Germany. Someone from afar who visited both cities said Düsseldorf is not far behind. But I'm biased. 

Fortuna is a tiny club compared to HSV though. 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Wow, what a slut! :ph34r::22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Well, I've never seen Hamburg, but I always wanted to. Some say it's the most beautiful city in Germany. Someone from afar who visited both cities said Düsseldorf is not far behind. But I'm biased. 

Fortuna is a tiny club compared to HSV though. 

If we can convince Mahdavikia to invent time travel and play for Dusseldorf for a long time, that would probably solidify me with Dusseldorf.

I've only been to Munich once ever and I was very young and I don't remember anything about it. One day soon I hope I can go to Germany (I'd like to go to that Wacken festival really badly, tbh, it's sort of like Mecca for metal fans) and see more of it as an actual human being instead of just as a kid.

27 minutes ago, nudge said:

Same! If it wasn't for our precarious financial situation, I would actually be relieved to play in 2. Liga and hopefully challenge for promotion instead of struggling in 1. Liga every season... Also very happy to have the Nordderby again; it's been a long time and I missed it! 

Hope to see you more often on here now... :) How's life?

All is well :) the womens in my life have been acting a fool, but what's new? xD I sure know how to pick 'em lol. 

How have you been??

Edited by Chadwell
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Robert Glatzel had a release clause in his contract, and several Bundesliga clubs were interested in his services. Apparently he would have only cost around 2 Mio Euros. But now he extended his HSV contract and they probably got rid of the clause (or raised it). 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Robert Glatzel had a release clause in his contract, and several Bundesliga clubs were interested in his services. Apparently he would have only cost around 2 Mio Euros. But now he extended his HSV contract and they probably got rid of the clause (or raised it). 

If HSV are going to get back up they need continuity.  I think this is a good move.

• 3 months later...

The meeting between Mutzel and HSV to come to an amicable agreement was unsuccessful. Now the case comes to court and has the potential to become expensive for HSV.

Usually I'd liked to attach an article from other media to this subject, still the articles I found are either more superficial (ARD and NDR) or behind a paywall.

http://www.kicker.de/wird-mutzel-fuer-den-hsv-jetzt-deutlich-teurer-919089/artikel

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

The meeting between Mutzel and HSV to come to an amicable agreement was unsuccessful. No the case comes to court and has the potential to become expensive for HSV.

Usually I'd liked to attach an article from other media to this subject, still the articles I found are either more superficial (ARD and NDR) or behind a paywall.

http://www.kicker.de/wird-mutzel-fuer-den-hsv-jetzt-deutlich-teurer-919089/artikel

Checked out the paywalled article in the Abendblatt; it doesn't have much more details, to be honest. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Same old , same old: It's me posting articles about issues between a club's officials and their investors again. Sorry, still investors stay my favorite nuisance in football.

http://www.kicker.de/kuehnes-naechste-attacke-als-ausdruck-des-hsv-dilemmas-924388/artikel

Seriously can't understand why, after all those difficulties many clubs had with (and in a considerable number because of) their investors, some clubs seem still so keen to acquire them.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

After the Vuskovic's first test indicated doping, now the B-probe was positive as well. Although, the presumption of innocence has to apply, I'd be amazed if this wouldn't lead to further action from DFB.

Allegedly a ban for up to 4 years is possible. Would be intriguing to see how DFB react if some of the club's that lost to HSV, whilst Vuskovic was fielded would object to the result.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Coma said:

Article in Kicker that two HSV players are being investigated for a hit-and-run car accident.  And it's possible that they were racing each other...😆

https://www.kicker.de/polizei-ermittelt-gegen-domp-und-mikelbrencis-936395/artikel

Luckily no innocent bystanders were hurt. Morons. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hamburg have signed young Polish defensive midfielder Lukasz Poreba on loan from French club Lens. Hamburg have an option to buy Poreba permanently at the end of the season. Poreba, who was part of the Lens team that finished an impressive 2nd in the French League last season, looks like another good addition to the Hamburg squad. Poreba is a versatile midfielder, whose strengths include his tackling, his passing ability and his work-rate.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hamburg have been much better than Paderborn in this match so far, but the scores a still tied at 1-1. It's the story of Hamburg really, so many times in recent seasons, they've failed to kill off matches that they've dominated. The excellent Laszlo Benes scored an early goal to give Hamburg the lead today, to bag his 8th goal of the season. But Bilbija equalised equalised 10 minutes later. I am sure this is the season that HSV Hamburg get promoted, in fact I think that both Hamburg clubs will go up, as I think St. Pauli will also be playing top level football again next season.

But with Hamburg, they really need to try and be more efficient with their chances. With players like Hernandes, Hadzikadunic, Benes, Pherai and Glatzel, they have a nucleus and a backbone of a very strong side. But they just have to put their cahnces away more.