The better place to talk football.

Peru National Team Discussion

football forum

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's Peru out of the group stage 

We'll be fine - it hurts our chances slightly but Jefferson Farfan is also a great player. If he gets injured, then I'll begin to worry.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

We'll be fine - it hurts our chances slightly but Jefferson Farfan is also a great player. If he gets injured, then I'll begin to worry.

you can't rely on one player in tournaments. 

Deportivo Municipal youngster Marco Saravia moves to Gremio having only played 2 professional games in his career. I've seen him and he's a good player. Its always hard to judge young center backs as huge promises but him and Fabricio Aragon are the 2 best defenders I've seen at U18 level so I'm definitely not surprised by this move.

#TheWorldCupEffect

Just now, Cannabis said:

A few news outlets are saying that it's a strange move but seeing as you are already more respected than them in Peru I'll watch this lad with a keen eye.

A lot of journalists here say things without even having seen the player.

I trust the journalists who cover youth football. Not the mainstream press that watches top flight football and national team. He's a good defender. Not sure how well he'll do in Brasil, don't think he'll get first team football until he's at least 20. He's good though and I'm not overly surprised by the move.

You've got to take your pick about who to trust in certain situations, not just whoever is the most credible. When it comes to youth football, I trust other media outlets.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Absolutelty. If you spot any more let me know.

Any more youth players?

I go to youth games every weekend. Its one of the best things about living in Peru. I always complain about it being lima centric but one of the good things about that is that I can spot talent who have a higher chance of becoming a professional.

I have a few names but Saravia is probably the second best central defender of those. 

Cristian Benavente ripping it up in Belgium. He'll get a move soon although I'd bet a big club in Belgium first. Still only at Charleroi. He's shut me up, thought he was a lost cause but there is still potential in there.

Paolo Guerrero decided to finally speak. Says it's a kick in the morale and that he did not know that was a banned substance given how common it is used in Peru. He apparently had tea in the hotel and it was contaminated. 

"Cheater" according to most people and we are idiots for defending him.

#justiceforPaolo

Also, Lapadula linked to play for us again. Just as long as everyone doesn't go haywire about him like last time I don't mind this bit of news. He's not a great player but a good alternative to Farfán and that will compete for a spot with Ruidiaz. I actually think there is more of a chance of this happening given Italy have failed to qualify, but I wouldn't be overly gutted if he doesn't. It's kind of a "if he chooses Peru, good for us" thing. He's not world class so it doesn't really matter to me who he chooses.

Lol I'm pretty sure The Palace Fan wasn't being serious.

If he was, he needs to jump off the vendetta bandwagon. There are rules and punishments and we haven't done anything to get expelled from the tournament. We are in Russia full stop. 

So this is what it feels like to be Chile. Only difference is, Chile was hated everywhere (except England, the country where no one seems to know shit about football unsurprisingly) and we're only hated in Europe. Fine with me, while the South Americans back us then I could care less what the shithouse Europeans think.

We'll reach the quarter finals next year and then get all our players move to top clubs then we'll see how we cheated to enter the World Cup.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Blue said:

So this is what it feels like to be Chile. Only difference is, Chile was hated everywhere (except England, the country where no one seems to know shit about football unsurprisingly) and we're only hated in Europe. Fine with me, while the South Americans back us then I could care less what the shithouse Europeans think.

We'll reach the quarter finals next year and then get all our players move to top clubs then we'll see how we cheated to enter the World Cup.

What is that assertion based on? Give me data. Not subjectivity. 

Just now, Batard said:

What is that assertion based on? Give me data. Not subjectivity. 

They know nothing except unless its Dagenham playing Eastleigh in the grand FA Vase final. When it comes to world football, they know about as much as George Bush.

Overall though Indian/English hybrids know the least.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

They know nothing except unless its Dagenham playing Eastleigh in the grand FA Vase final. When it comes to world football, they know about as much as George Bush.

wait, are you still rattled from yesterday?

you ok, Brian? Everything ok at home? 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

wait, are you still rattled from yesterday?

you ok, Brian? Everything ok at home? 

Difference between rattled and stupified.

im hearing FIFA is looking to expell England from all football activity though. They are not happy with how they think the FA vase final is more important than the World Cup.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Blue said:

Difference between rattled and stupified.

im hearing FIFA is looking to expell England from all football activity though. They are not happy with how they think the FA vase final is more important than the World Cup.

ok Brian :) 

image.jpeg

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Blue said:

This is a very curious comment. 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

As someone who considers themself a football journalist. Do you consider that comment to have any integrity? 

I don't meddle with the wrong.

(in seriousness, you'd be surprised how much journalists fight back. Even the most thicked skinned struggle at times)

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Didn't know cocaine was a banned substance xD. Have a day off.

He said something among those lines but I probably misread it. Trust me, I am not the best translator.

Archived