talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 17/18 Qualification

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Full time and we progress to the Play Off round. I assume we'll be seeded though those details will be out soon I'm sure.

Big shocks elsewhere as PSV Eindhoven go out 2-0 on aggregate to Osijek of Croatia. Aberdeen lost to Apollon Limassol (Cyprus), Bordeaux lost to Videoton (Hungary) on away goals, Gent have also gone out to Altach (Austria). Freiburg of Germany and Braga of Portugal are also trailing 2-1 on aggregate so there could be more shocks to come.

AEK Larnaca, KF Shkendija, Dinamo Zagreb, FC Olexandria, Panathinaikos, FK Crvena Zvezda, Zenit, Ostersunds, Fenerbahce, Krasnodar, PAOK, Maritimo, Skenderbeu, FC Utrecht, Midtjylland, Hajduk Split, AC Milan, Marseille, Athletic Bilbao and Maccabi Tel Aviv also through to the next phase.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wouldn't mind Maritimo purely because they're Portuguese. I don't know who is going to be seeded and who isn't so it's pointless me speculating over who we could get.

Last match at Braga is half time now so once that's finished someone will have it worked out. 

Domzale of Slovenia have beaten Freiburg 2-1 on aggregate. Braga 0-1 (1-2) AIK is the last game.

• 2 weeks later...

First half was good. Second we dropped off when Schniederlin went off. 

Keane was brilliant again, Pickford done his job, Klaassen growing more into our system. 

Good to see an away end full with jarg ray-bans and manbags. Couldn't even force themselves past the stewards. 

Can't decide whether I'm sick that I'm not going tonight after missing the last one or happy. Been a few incidents over there already. 

Should be progressing after the first leg, though. They look poor. 

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Any city where away fans are told not to wear their club colours for safety reasons isn't a city fit enough to host European football

Yet Everton were charged last week as well as Split because our fans wound them up with what they were chanting. Nonsense.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, HK85 said:

Can't decide whether I'm sick that I'm not going tonight after missing the last one or happy. Been a few incidents over there already. 

Should be progressing after the first leg, though. They look poor. 

you'd feel sick if you were going tonight and there was no game because it's tomorrow :ph34r: 

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yet Everton were charged last week as well as Split because our fans wound them up with what they were chanting. Nonsense.

In fairness, we were charged with throwing objects which we can't deny. 

• Subscriber

Tonight's matches are now in play.

- Dynamo Kiev lead Maritimo 2-0 after a 0-0 first leg in Portugal.

- Zenit lead Utrecht 1-0 at home levelling the aggregate score at 1-1

- RB Salzburg lead Viitorul 1-0 on the night, 4-1 on aggregate.

- Fenerbahce have work to do after losing the first leg 2-0 at Vardar Skopje. 

- Athletic Bilbao are at home in the second leg having won 3-2 at Panathinaikos last week.

- KF Shkendija host AC Milan but the Italians already lead 6-0 from the first leg.

- Marseille host Domzale after drawing 1-1 in the first leg in Slovenia.

- Ajax have already been knocked out of the CL and are at risk of being out of Europe, they're away in Rosenborg tonight having lost the home leg 1-0.

- Everton are without the injured Sandro and Klaassen and lead 2-0 going into the away leg against Hajduk Split.

Archived