• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Still think Joshua will knock out Ngannou out

Hopefully.

Got my tickets for the Taylor-Catterall rematch in Leeds. Should be a spicy one ;)

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

Hopefully.

Got my tickets for the Taylor-Catterall rematch in Leeds. Should be a spicy one ;)

I hope Catterall gets the win, massive robbery the last time out that has set his career back by a couple years now.

12 hours ago, Danny said:

That went how we all expected it to go

Yeah, cant believe people still doubt AJ. this fight got hyped up by how bad Fury was against Francis but like you say, this is what should of happened

Joshua made an easy job of a fight that Tyson Fury made a real meal out of. I think that Tyson Fury's fight with Usyk in May should be entertaining. It is interesting how the bookies still have Fury as the slight favourite against Usyk. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2024 at 09:42, JoshBRFC said:

Yes it was a good white collar style fight. 

What's your opinion on this Whittaker showboating stuff?

I know there have been others that have done stuff similar in the past but I personally find he's more belittling than say Naz was. I don't like it actually and it's turned me off him completely.

2 hours ago, Devil said:

I know there have been others that have done stuff similar in the past but I personally find he's more belittling than say Naz was. I don't like it actually and it's turned me off him completely.

I don't really like it that much either. Don't really dislike Whittaker or have an issue with it being disrespectful, but I think when he does it he takes unneeded hits and against better opposition he will be made to pay. Reminds me of Josh Kelly a bit.

34 minutes ago, Danny said:

I don't really like it that much either. Don't really dislike Whittaker or have an issue with it being disrespectful, but I think when he does it he takes unneeded hits and against better opposition he will be made to pay. Reminds me of Josh Kelly a bit.

Agree on Josh Kelly, he thinks he's far better than he actually is. Had all attributes to be a decent fighter but lacked a bit of power and left himself far too open with his style.

Don't like Whittaker though, unlikable for me. 

Edited by Devil

28 minutes ago, Devil said:

Agree on Josh Kelly, he thinks he's far better than he actually is. Had all attributes to be a decent fighter but lacked a bit of power and left himself far too open with his style.

Don't like Whittaker though, unlikable for me. 

Yeah I never really bought into Kelly, like you say he could be really decent but the style just seemed all wrong.

Yeah Whittaker is a bit like marmite, people either tune in to see him showboat or see someone KO him lol.

• Subscriber
On 03/04/2024 at 10:07, Devil said:

I am a bit indifferent tbh mate. I see a lot of love and hate…. But I just see the facts. He’s fighting nobodies like most of what sky and boxxer put on with their talent nowadays. I don’t enjoy much of what sky have on, such boring fights and events.

I didn’t like his interview with sky where he slated the commentator and seemed rattled. The guy was giving his opinion. 

19 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I am a bit indifferent tbh mate. I see a lot of love and hate…. But I just see the facts. He’s fighting nobodies like most of what sky and boxxer put on with their talent nowadays. I don’t enjoy much of what sky have on, such boring fights and events.

I didn’t like his interview with sky where he slated the commentator and seemed rattled. The guy was giving his opinion. 

We need more small hall shows mate, we're having to watch fighter development from big shows rather than small venues. I've been to loads of boxing nights at leisure centres and watched some of the best domestic fights. Friday night on Sky was brilliant for domestic and European level boxers. Derry Matthews, Jamie Moore, Gomez the Booth brothers. I was at loads of the early Crolla fights before he progressed to arenas 

If Whittaker started off on small halls fighting these guys displaying his skills rather than the showboating he'd be absolutely loved by now. Instead it's being reported he's kicking off about hotel rooms and dancing and hopping in front of journey men fighters in front of 10k crowds. Not a good look at all.

Edited by Devil

• Subscriber
On 05/04/2024 at 22:13, Devil said:

We need more small hall shows mate, we're having to watch fighter development from big shows rather than small venues. I've been to loads of boxing nights at leisure centres and watched some of the best domestic fights. Friday night on Sky was brilliant for domestic and European level boxers. Derry Matthews, Jamie Moore, Gomez the Booth brothers. I was at loads of the early Crolla fights before he progressed to arenas 

If Whittaker started off on small halls fighting these guys displaying his skills rather than the showboating he'd be absolutely loved by now. Instead it's being reported he's kicking off about hotel rooms and dancing and hopping in front of journey men fighters in front of 10k crowds. Not a good look at all.

Agree with you mate, i have nothing against small hall shows. I just find their shows boring nowadays, considering they have the biggest platform. 

Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk May 18th Undisputed in Saudi.

Check the time difference for people in America, Canada & Mexico. Will be shown early - Plan your fight party now. Invite your friends, family and neighbours for this MEGA event.

They are putting on a great undercard.

Can't lose this fight - Undisputed Fury vs Usyk Music Video.

Not to be missed.

Eddie Hearn vs Frank Warren

Matchroom vs Queensberry

5 vs 5

June 1st in Saudi Arabia:

Deontay Wilder vs Zhilei Zhang
Filip Hrgovic vs Daniel Dubois
Ray Ford vs Nick Ball 
Craig Richards vs Willy Hutchinson
Ammo Williams vs Hamzah Sheeraz

Epic 4K Fight Promo

3 hours ago, quickeyg said:

Not to be missed.

Eddie Hearn vs Frank Warren

Matchroom vs Queensberry

5 vs 5

June 1st in Saudi Arabia:

Deontay Wilder vs Zhilei Zhang
Filip Hrgovic vs Daniel Dubois
Ray Ford vs Nick Ball 
Craig Richards vs Willy Hutchinson
Ammo Williams vs Hamzah Sheeraz

Epic 4K Fight Promo

Franks got that on paper, Zhang, DDD & Ball. don't know much about the other 2 fighters he has but them 3 should get the win for him