talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

Shame that the Smith V Williams fight ended how it did. Would have been interesting if it had gone on. Think Williams looked like he was slowing down and Smith may have eventually got to him. Good fight and they definitely need the rematch

• 3 weeks later...

Been changing my mind on this all week but the closer the fight gets the more I think this is too soon for Joshua. Klitschko is a huge step up from what AJ has faced so far. I can see it being a cagey start and Klitschko setting traps as the fight goes on and looking to frustrate Joshua.

Any outcome wouldn't surprise me though, even a boring 12 rounds.

I've had a bet on two outcomes. Klitschko 7-12 and Joshua decision.

• This topic was pinned and unpinned

Gutted for Klitschko, really thought he had Joshua in the 6th. What a wonderful comeback from Joshua though, truly remarkable. 

Inevitably that's Klitschko's retirement now, but what a competitor to hand over too. Fuck Fury, he's a genuine scrotum and hopefully, when the time comes, Joshua will truly sit the mouthy fucker down.

• Upvote 1

Showed some bollocks Joshua there after getting flattened. Brilliant win. 

Either Wlad was attempting to box it out and win on points or he was tired himself but there was a chance to take AJ there. 

Don't know how Wlad still has his head attached after that uppercut. 

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm a big Joshua fan I hope he stays at the peak of the game for years. But Wilder is putting him to sleep at present, hate on it but I'm stating fact Joshua v Fury next please 

Wilder would get knocked out within 5 rounds against Joshua, cant remember the last time i was wrong about boxing!  ...Wilder has a big punch but that's it, his boxing skillz are limited and has a weak defense 

Against Fury i can see Josh struggling to hit him tbh, he's too stiff and fury (if he can get back in shape) would just move around him for 12 rounds scoring points  ...if Josh could somehow land a big shot on him though, Fury would be knocked out for a week ha!  ..id go for Wilder next if i was Josh, needs to learn more ring craft before taking on Fury

If Bellew fights Wilder next that will be a disappointment, unless Joshua fights Parker.

Bellew needs to have his re-match vs Haye too, Bellew didn't really offer much before Haye rolled his ankle and Haye was starting to land some good shots too. Although I'm sure he wouldn't have much to lose if he did fight Wilder, Haye will still want to prove he's the better fighter.

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm a big Joshua fan I hope he stays at the peak of the game for years. But Wilder is putting him to sleep at present, hate on it but I'm stating fact Joshua v Fury next please 

AJ knocks Wilder into next week. Easy fight for Joshua. Fury is much more difficult if he comes back close to the level he was when he fought Klitschko.

Great fight last night. Fair play to Joshua thought he was gone in the middle rounds. I've never really been on the Joshua hype train but he proved a lot to me last night.

Edited by LFCMike
  • Upvote 1

Fury's so lanky and has such an awkward fighting style, I don't think he'd harm AJ from a distance and AJ has a class uppercut which I could see him ending a fight with Fury with.

Don't really rate Wilder that much, massive right hand but that's about it. Still it's a big hit and would make for an interesting fight as he won't be holding back.

Edited by Danny

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Fury's so lanky and has such an awkward fighting style, I don't think he'd harm AJ from a distance and AJ has a class uppercut which I could see him ending a fight with Fury with.

Don't really rate Wilder that much, massive right hand but that's about it. Still it's a big hit and would make for an interesting fight as he won't be holding back.

Might not hurt Joshua from a distance but I could see Fury winning a points decision if Fury is close to what he was at the point of the Klitschko fight

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Wilder would get knocked out within 5 rounds against Joshua, cant remember the last time i was wrong about boxing!  ...Wilder has a big punch but that's it, his boxing skillz are limited and has a weak defense 

Against Fury i can see Josh struggling to hit him tbh, he's too stiff and fury (if he can get back in shape) would just move around him for 12 rounds scoring points  ...if Josh could somehow land a big shot on him though, Fury would be knocked out for a week ha!  ..id go for Wilder next if i was Josh, needs to learn more ring craft before taking on Fury

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

AJ knocks Wilder into next week. Easy fight for Joshua. Fury is much more difficult if he comes back close to the level he was when he fought Klitschko.

Great fight last night. Fair play to Joshua thought he was gone in the middle rounds. I've never really been on the Joshua hype train but he proved a lot to me last night.

Wilder may well be not the best boxer, It doesn't matter at heavyweight as Joshua shows. I like Joshua I'd love him to go on and fight both Wilder & Fury and win both, but he's a bit of a hype job. Klitschko of 5 years ago would have stopped him last night and he was close at one point. Klitscho was up two rounds going into the 11th the fact that 2 judges had Joshua winning shows you why home advantage in judging has put the sport constantly in the toilet for years. 

Joshua has to really up his game, he gasses badly his head dips down when he punches, his footwork is poor, he gets hit. You can't do that at the top of the game, even when the division is still half weak. 

Wilder will land a bomb on him as is, and I'd say there's a question on Joshua's chin after getting dropped by a straight that he saw coming and getting wobbled by whyte when again he was gassing. He's to muscular he needs to shed a bit of muscle because his frame will take so much energy to power he'll always gas out after 3-4 rounds. 

Fury could well do him on points but Fury won't survive Joshua's bombs as Fury's chin is suspect to. If wilder can take Joshua's punches then I reckon he'll knock him out round 6/7 when he breaks his hand on his face. 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned