talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Might not hurt Joshua from a distance but I could see Fury winning a points decision if Fury is close to what he was at the point of the Klitschko fight

Potentially but he was fighting someone who didn't want it up close and personal...Joshua on the other hand loves it.

34 minutes ago, Danny said:

Potentially but he was fighting someone who didn't want it up close and personal...Joshua on the other hand loves it.

Yeah that's a fair argument and Joshua has proved he can take a shot and Fury might not have the power to keep him away. It'd be intriguing anyway

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Klitschko of 5 years ago would have stopped him last night and he was close at one point. Klitscho was up two rounds going into

Seriously mate, that was the best Wlad i've seen for years. He was brilliant. That Wlad would have beaten Fury. 

People will still find a reason to slate AJ, but that Klitschko last night would beat anyone and everyone out there apart from AJ.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Canelo vs chaves jr next weekend. Canelo will KO that punk and show GGG whats coming his way. 

I doubt Canelo, or his team should I say, will take that fight. If he does, it'll be when Golovkin is over the hill

Edited by LFCMike

The most interesting thing from last night was that it showed some of AJ’s weaknesses that, thus far, have not been exposed in his short, explosive career. 

But what. A. Fight.

Don’t think I’ve gone from feeling excited to feeling sick to my stomach as I did in that 5th round. Both men knocked down. I was convinced Klitschko would box clever for the full 12 a win comfortably on points. But, happily, AJ proved me wrong. Rollercoaster!

I like how the crowd were booing Eddie Hearn towards the end of the night, after he jumped into the ring with each of his boxers’ victories. I was equally as pissed off by his gurning presence as they were. :clown: 

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Seriously mate, that was the best Wlad i've seen for years. He was brilliant. That Wlad would have beaten Fury. 

People will still find a reason to slate AJ, but that Klitschko last night would beat anyone and everyone out there apart from AJ.

Think people have taken to slating that performance vs Fury. Fury did a number on him by not standing in front of him and letting Wlad establish the jab, it threw Wlad off and he never settled into a rhythm. Klitchko has always been establish the jab and pepper for 12 rounds with point scoring shots and catch them when frustrated they rush in and get caught. He's brutally efficient and he'd done it against AJ to a degree. Also Joshua is the same size as him, Fury is bigger with larger reach which was a first because Wlad is a big man himself. 

Different fighters & styles make different fights and outcomes. As I've said above for Joshua v Fury it's Fury outboxing and winning on points or Joshua catching him and getting the KO. Joshua is more psychicality than boxing skill. 

Watched the Haye v Bellew fight the other day....seemed pretty even up to the 6th with probably Haye edging it. Bellew didn't throw a lot but he didn't take any damage either, rematch would be interesting to see what happens if they'd taken the right that mate on with Haye fully fit.

7 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Fuck yeah, team canelo! I was going to watch it at Hooters but chose to stay home instead. Hope the fight last till the last rounds. 

Cooler full of beer, bottle of wild turkey 101, 1 pack of newports, and enough molly on deck. 

A total one sided beatdown, but that was to be expected. Canelo comfortably won all 12 rounds. There has been some bad blood between the two, with some of César Chávez's comments over the years, but he had never had the ability to prevent this fight from ending up as anything more than a money-spinning exhibition. 

We will finally get the long-awaited Canelo-GGG fight on September 16th. At least it won't be taking place 5 years too late like Mayweather-Pacquiao. As a big Canelo fan I have to admit I'm very worried about his chances of beating GGG, but I won't concern myself with that for another 3 months at least. 

On 30/04/2017 at 5:03 PM, JOSHBRFC said:

It still wasn't peak Klitschko, it was the last hurrah of an old man. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It still wasn't peak Klitschko, it was the last hurrah of an old man. 

When did you last see a better performance from him? Even his brother said it was a career best performance. 

16 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

When did you last see a better performance from him? Even his brother said it was a career best performance. 

It was his most exuberant, he got drawn in and really should have won the fight. In terms of boxing, he boxed much better from about 2004 till 2012. 

I get people love Joshua, and he did really well. Let's not make out he beat a peak boxer though, he beat someone who is 41 and fought one of his most open ever fights. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

American commentator: Much much better boxing atmosphere here tonight than last week at london.

xD it was an overhyped boring fight. it was always going to be a Canelo easy win. 

Glad he's finally fighting GGG though. Come on Gennady!

The middleweight division needs this fight as it was becoming a bit stagnant, won't be long after until one of them unifies against Saunders.

Glad there's a fight of this magnitude also because it makes Eubank Jr's IBO title even more pointless. 

Agreed, I also don't rate Wilder at all. If Fury could get himself in fighting shape once his ban finishes and he gets his boxing license back, I'm sure he'd beat Wilder. 

I loved the AJ-Wlad fight last week. Wlad's performance as a 41 year old who hadn't fought for 17 months definitely enhances his legacy. 

The one thing that grates me about him though, is that he has been very lucky that Vitali has often stepped aside and let him take most of the belts and glory for the past decade or so. To me there's no doubt that Vitali has been the better fighter than Wlad, with a more aggressive style, better punching combos and variations, and most significantly a much better chin. Basically he had all of Wlad's strengths but none of his weaknesses. 

On 07/05/2017 at 5:19 AM, Danny said:

Watched the Haye v Bellew fight the other day....seemed pretty even up to the 6th with probably Haye edging it. Bellew didn't throw a lot but he didn't take any damage either, rematch would be interesting to see what happens if they'd taken the right that mate on with Haye fully fit.

He will fight wherever the most money is, he's already said as much since the Haye fight about looking after his family. 

Won a world title at Goodison, he's done in the sport. 

Watched Josh Warrington v Kiko Martinez last night. Close fight, Warrington deserved it, just. Think his lack of power will only take him so far though. The FW division is so strong, he doesn't great any of the belt holders or the few outside of them.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

AJ is loyal and always will be to Matchroom and Eddie.

ill be in Sheffield for the fight of the year contender Saturday night. Come on Brook! Can't wait 

I don't know, if Joshua gets more out of Mayweather in terms of training then I could see it happening some day.

I'll be watching that on the box, definitely not a fight of the year contender, only other "contender" would be another AJ bout this year. Reckon Brook's gonna lose this, Spence looks so quick and strong.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned