talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

football forum
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Thought the soundtrack was very good and went well with all the action. Cranking up the difficulty made it interesting as I found myself really challenged to try and keep crowding enemies under control.

It was one of those games that had to be played with headphones cranked up to 11.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

It was one of those games that had to be played with headphones cranked up to 11.

Yep I think I even went out and had a listen for the track from the opening (Rip and Tear?). I still love my Jap Rock in games but if you're decapitating enemies and causing carnage some heavy rock and metal is an absolute must.

19 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I really enjoyed the DOOM re-boot. It was a tad repetative in places but was a really good effort overall, hopefully they can build on this for the next edition.

I just recently finished the campaign on that about 3 week ago or so(well I still have a boss  to beat as I was struggling with the last one, but I will go back and smash it at somepoint) and I enjoyed it. There was nothing technical about it, but It takes you back to your childhood of playing on arcade shooter games. It was addictive for a while and well worth the 15 quid or whatever it was that I paid for it. There is still more I can do on it as well if I want to go back to it at some point.

Battlefield 1 is the game I'm playing at the moment.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I just recently finished the campaign on that about 3 week ago or so(well I still have a boss  to beat as I was struggling with the last one, but I will go back and smash it at somepoint) and I enjoyed it. There was nothing technical about it, but It takes you back to your childhood of playing on arcade shooter games. It was addictive for a while and well worth the 15 quid or whatever it was that I paid for it. There is still more I can do on it as well if I want to go back to it at some point.

Battlefield 1 is the game I'm playing at the moment.

Will buy BF1 in a few weeks and add you to hopefully play together as i want to shoot the fuck outta you bro!

Just now, Berserker said:

Will buy BF1 in a few weeks and add you to hopefully play together as i want to shoot the fuck outta you bro!

Ye once I've gotten through the campaign I will start having a bash online I think

I like the look of Ghost Recon Wildlands as well. That's definitely a game I need to purchase at somepoint

2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Ye once I've gotten through the campaign I will start having a bash online I think

I like the look of Ghost Recon Wildlands as well. That's definitely a game I need to purchase at somepoint

Yeah love Cods to, specially the campaigns save the last BOs.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, Mel81x said:

I can only say this its weird at first but then once you get used to it I'll say its a superb purchase. I've taken mine on two trips now since I brought it and while the battery life is terrible if you're continually gaming. BotW is a fun game and shines on their device. What I really hate about the game is the tilt puzzles but other than that can't really fault it much. Can't wait too see what they do with the titles they have lined up.

The only thing I don't like about the Switch is the range on the joycons when it's docked. The range for them, particularly my right joycon is totally shite. Which is funny because I've heard more people were having problems with the left one generally... but that one works fine for me. So I bought a pro controller as well, so when I'm playing with my Switch docked I can a normal distance away from the screen. But I'm not going to lie, I'm fairly disappointed with the range of them.

Zelda is fantastic though. A really really great game. And the ability to take a game like that with me on the go is pretty great.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The only thing I don't like about the Switch is the range on the joycons when it's docked. The range for them, particularly my right joycon is totally shite. Which is funny because I've heard more people were having problems with the left one generally... but that one works fine for me. So I bought a pro controller as well, so when I'm playing with my Switch docked I can a normal distance away from the screen. But I'm not going to lie, I'm fairly disappointed with the range of them.

Zelda is fantastic though. A really really great game. And the ability to take a game like that with me on the go is pretty great.

You know I tried the nunchuck style that has been going around the internet where you play it as a disjointed set and I found it extremely weird when I was seated away from my TV. Having said that when you play it on a table it feels right (so weird I know). The other thing I got a chance to try this week was playing a two player game with a friend on his and when you orient them horizontally they really work well. I was surprised at how much more comfortable it feels with both my hands on a joycon versus two in one hand each.

Did you get anything else other than BotW? I am waiting on my copy of Super Bomberman to arrive.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Ruined a mouse playing that but I think the expansion pack made it more fun for me

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

DIE DEMON SCUM

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click

DIE DEMON SCUM

Sometimes there just aren't enough clicks and you hit more than register just to be safe. What character did you play with?

• Subscriber

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/03/would-you-consider-a-disc-free-console-option/

Interesting piece on a purely download only console option. If it was cheaper would you go for it? I am trying to remember the last time I actually bought a disc for my PS4, with my Switch I kinda have to because the eStore is a POS but if it was cheaper would more gamers gravitate towards it?

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Sometimes there just aren't enough clicks and you hit more than register just to be safe. What character did you play with?

Demon Hunter. I'm not very far into the game, only level 15 or so, just started two days ago. I honestly forgot how quickly loot is replaced.

Just now, Mel81x said:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/03/would-you-consider-a-disc-free-console-option/

Interesting piece on a purely download only console option. If it was cheaper would you go for it? I am trying to remember the last time I actually bought a disc for my PS4, with my Switch I kinda have to because the eStore is a POS but if it was cheaper would more gamers gravitate towards it?

Nah, I like to be able to bring my games to people's places and vice-versa.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Nah, I like to be able to bring my games to people's places and vice-versa.

Well that article also briefly touches on the PSPGo being a failure as most gamers really want to own their games and with Nintendo even the download policy is ridiculous because if you go that route then you don't really 'own' the game or some kind of legal loophole.

I am old-school like you and like to take my games to other people's places or lend them to friends too but I suppose if they could find a way to make the bootstrapper better for games and make the initial block load faster for things like the first two or three segments of a game then it might take off also considering now you get rid of a loader for physical media. I know a lot of AAA titles have adopted that now from the PC gaming industry and it works unless you burn through the first few segments quickly then you're just stuck waiting for the next piece to load to play.

10 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Never tried H1Z1. Isn't that the one which had controversy regarding shady business practices from the developer?

As for me, it's been a while but have started playing my PS4 that bit more now, currently with Worms W.M.D.

Xbox One?

football forum
1 hour ago, I8allthepies said:

Picked up Sniper Elite 4 a couple weeks ago. I love it, a big open world, and lots of things to do in each level.

Great isn't it? Started it just before my holiday and really need to pick it up again before I forget all about it.

It's a real improvement on Sniper Elite 3 which was already a good game.