• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AC Milan Thread - Montella Replaced By Gattuso

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon This will never not be funny

Incredibly it's a great piece of defending from Bonucci and very well read to the last centimetre. His problem was feeling he had it all sorted and not even looking at the execution of his final action on contact of the ball and makes a hash of it. That's just one of those errors but I can see why it's funny though. xD

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Incredibly it's a great piece of defending from Bonucci and very well read to the last centimetre. His problem was feeling he had it all sorted and not even looking at the execution of his final action on contact of the ball and makes a hash of it. That's just one of those errors but I can see why it's funny though. xD

It's a one in a million chance of that shot megging him and it bloody happens! 

• The title was changed to AC Milan Thread - Montella Replaced By Gattuso

This will be interesting!  There are certain traits Gennaro Gattuso has that will be important while there are others that will stagnate and punish the most beautiful part of football for me which is fantasy and improvisation. 

Imagine Gattuso coaching Napoli! Please no!

He is part of what's wrong in Italian football for me and his constant comments in the media show this. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This will be interesting!  There are certain traits Gennaro Gattuso has that will be important while there are others that will stagnate and punish the most beautiful part of football for me which is fantasy and improvisation. 

Imagine Gattuso coaching Napoli! Please no!

He is part of what's wrong in Italian football for me and his constant comments in the media show this. 

his passion and love for the club will set him in good stead for players and fans alike. It's a wise move by the new owners to replace someone who was quite underwhelming with a fans favourite and club icon.

However, only time will tell how well he can do. I loved watching him play and I hope he'll do brilliantly at Milan. I just hope it doesn't turn out like Unsworth at Everton (I realise that's on a smaller scale but the analogy/principle applies). 

I hope it doesn't end sourly for Gattuso whenever that is because when you've given so much heart and passion to and for a club, you don't want all that to be wasted when you step in to management. Fans are fickle; Gattuso has to pretty much succeed immediately or within a very short timeframe to satisfy these fans - there's a lot of pressure on him right now. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

his passion and love for the club will set him in good stead for players and fans alike. It's a wise move by the new owners to replace someone who was quite underwhelming with a fans favourite and club icon.

It didn't work when they appointed Inzaghi and I doubt it will here.

• 2 weeks later...

So the lastest rumours are that Gianluigi Donnarumma is at it again and now wants out of AC Milan once more and has said he wants out of his contract. These are the “boom” stories coming out of Italy’s sports dailies this morning. @ScoRoss do you know anything about this mate?

There has been a lot of paper talk in recent days, including the fact his release clause wasn't actually reported to the authorities and the validity of it.

If Milan's proposed FFP is rejected by UEFA and they don't make the Champions League next season, which is highly likely, I can definitely see him being sold. No point keeping an unhappy player, especially one focused on the short term as he seems to be doing.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:36 AM, SirBalon said:

So the lastest rumours are that Gianluigi Donnarumma is at it again and now wants out of AC Milan once more and has said he wants out of his contract. These are the “boom” stories coming out of Italy’s sports dailies this morning. @ScoRoss do you know anything about this mate?

The fans unveiled a banner which forced him to tears which translated to: 'Psychological violence by giving you six million a season & signing your parasite brother? It's time to leave...our patience with you is over'

I feel sorry for him and don't believe he wants to leave the club he's supported. He's been a pawn to Mino Raiolas footballing empire which could stagnate his career.

Imagine if he one day ends up at Wolves xD

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

The fans unveiled a banner which forced him to tears which translated to: 'Psychological violence by giving you six million a season & signing your parasite brother? It's time to leave...our patience with you is over'

I feel sorry for him and don't believe he wants to leave the club he's supported. He's been a pawn to Mino Raiolas footballing empire which could stagnate his career.

Imagine if he one day ends up at Wolves xD

I don’t think players do anything they don’t want to do mate and he (Donnarumma) has already been subject to this unbalanced “I don’t know what I want” scenario before.  He has the football media at his disposal to dispel any rumours that crop up so that it doesn’t create a sneowball effect with results such as those you have written about.

At the same time I completely agree that Mino Raiola is total scum. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

wonder where his next move will be...Juve to replace Buffon?

Or perhaps abroad to PSG?

Well from what I’ve. Even reading over the past 2 to 3 months, originally Juventus wanted to sign Athletic Bilbao’s young Kepa and it seemed that the young keeper was willing to go to Turin.  Here is where your theory on Donnarumma to Juve takes shape in my view... In recent weeks both PSG and Real Madrid have been putting even more effort into trying to sign Kepa and the last two weeks has led the Madrid press to say that he’s decided to go to Real and the French press saying he’s decided to go to PSG.  So hence all this dust that’s been kicked up over the past fortnight on Donnarumma and I would be inclined to believe he would favour a move to Juve.

But all this is me probably making 2+2=5

Archived