talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Batard said:

Got to say, I really like that. So far I've resisted the temptation to get FM2018 but those considered immersion touches are selling it to me. You playing on PC or tablet @Stan? Assuming PC from the picture. 

yep, PC.

Never played it on any other platform so can't really comment what it's like on tablet (or smartphone). My brother plays it on his phone though and gets through a season in about 2 days because it is heavily stripped down understandably.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

yep, PC.

Never played it on any other platform so can't really comment what it's like on tablet (or smartphone). My brother plays it on his phone though and gets through a season in about 2 days because it is heavily stripped down understandably.

I've played FM2015 on the iPad with an enhanced engine, it still didn't feel like playing the PC version. I did lose some of my will to live on the PC version given how long it takes to get through it. I still love CM9798 for it's simplicity. 

14 hours ago, Stan said:

very much liking this addition (don't remember it in FM17?). Protesting a transfer.

West Ham (my title rivals; we're joint top in January in our hunt for promotion to the Premier League) made 2 bids of £4.5m and £5.25m for my main centre-back Adam Webster. 

He's valued at the latter and is my mainstay in the team, first name on teamsheet so to speak.

West Ham then offer £7.25m and Marcus Evans, my chairman, says it's too good to refuse. I can't bear the thought of losing my best centre-back to the title rivals and only getting £1.5m to get an equally good centre-back as replacement. Then I see an option to 'Protest Transfer'. 

Clicked on that...

uUorMSn.png

Just hope the player doesn't kick up a fuss about it!

The stress of it all seems to have hit you hard for you to change skin colour Stan.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The stress of it all seems to have hit you hard for you to change skin colour Stan.

I had to bleach my skin when I left Sydney. They were a vile breed down there. 

23 hours ago, Stan said:

yep, PC.

My save is on phone as well. As you mentioned, it is heavily stripped down (no 3D match engine, no dynamic, squads are usually smaller, no interviews etc) but if you want simplicity, the mobile version is the best one as you can usually burn through games quite quickly.

• Administrator

anyone ever had this scenario?

Bid in for player
Bid accepted
Contract stage - offer £50k/w, appearance fees, goal bonus, bonus after achievement, yearly wage rise, optional contract extension, signing on fee, agent fee.
Contract negotiated by agent - player wants £71k/w plus all of the above
Contract negotiated by me - £55k/w plus same as all of the above and higher signing on & agent fees
Contract rejected
Player signs for another club - wage is £30k/w plus appearance fee and goal bonus.

:dash3:

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, Stan said:

anyone ever had this scenario?

Bid in for player
Bid accepted
Contract stage - offer £50k/w, appearance fees, goal bonus, bonus after achievement, yearly wage rise, optional contract extension, signing on fee, agent fee.
Contract negotiated by agent - player wants £71k/w plus all of the above
Contract negotiated by me - £55k/w plus same as all of the above and higher signing on & agent fees
Contract rejected
Player signs for another club - wage is £30k/w plus appearance fee and goal bonus.

:dash3:

Had similar on CM, the CPU is just being a cunt xD

• Subscriber

A few versions ago this started happening with transfer fees where the AI would accept bids from other AI teams for say £10m then you'd bid the same for that player and they'd want £14m and 20% sell on and laughed you out of the room if you tried to negotiate down to the same as other clubs. Such bullshit and surely easily fixed by the developers but it stayed in for a few versions. Not sure if this was still a thing on FM17 due to my tendency to play in stupid leagues with negligible transfer budgets.

On 04/12/2017 at 10:49 PM, Batard said:

Had similar on CM, the CPU is just being a cunt xD

I used to get this all the time at Oldham. Really took the fun out of it at first considering we were the smallest team in The Championship at one point. 

I used to hate when you enquire for a player and they'd demand fourty million only for him to join another team for four million a couple of weeks later.

• Subscriber

Anyone ever done an editor database? If I ever bothered to learn how to do it I'd seriously contemplate a new league system where I merge the 55 domestic leagues of Europe into 8 regionalised leagues - with the top 4 of each 20 team top flight getting Champions League places and the next 4 down getting Europa League places meaning each competition will have a simple 32 team group stage. The thinking is to balance European football somewhat so you've got more powerful teams all over the continent.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I've dabbled with it, I think it was FM16 where I moved Rangers and Celtic into the English pyramid to see if I could get either to the Premier League. I've not done anything major although there are plenty of tutorials on YouTube if you'd like to learn. 

I'm guessing your Leicester save didn't get off the ground then?

Lasted three games before I went back to 17. I just didn't like 18 at all, not even just a "god I'm shit at this" dislike I just didn't like the game, I'm not sure I ever will.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Dan said:

Anyone ever done an editor database? If I ever bothered to learn how to do it I'd seriously contemplate a new league system where I merge the 55 domestic leagues of Europe into 8 regionalised leagues - with the top 4 of each 20 team top flight getting Champions League places and the next 4 down getting Europa League places meaning each competition will have a simple 32 team group stage. The thinking is to balance European football somewhat so you've got more powerful teams all over the continent.

Saw this the other day and decided to make something similar. A 12 tiered European league system. Only took a couple of hours. Holidaying it as unemployed and Arsenal are top of the top division ahead of United, Madrid and Barcelona which is a bit stupid.

I'm still playing FM16. A strange thing has happened in my current save (I'm Partizan manager), it took PSG four years to win the league. They lost out to Monaco the first season and then Marseille two years in a row. PSG are usually so dominant on this game. Marseille have also just won the CL.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

anyone had any success from the Argentinian or Brazilian leagues?

I've noticed quite a few handy players have very low release clauses if picked up early enough.

I've had success in the Chilean league where I won the Libertadores with Deportes Temuco. Still my favourite ever FM save.

On 17/12/2017 at 0:51 AM, Dan said:

I've been contemplating using it to get the wage handicap off countries and to drop the home grown rule in China to make it more interesting.

I've been keen to revamp the way the qualifiers work for the World Cup and the number of teams in The Euros but I've always started a long save before getting round to it.

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

WHEN IT'S THE 91ST MINUTE AND YOUR CUNTING DEFENDER DECIDES TO PISS AROUND WITH THE BALL AND ATTEMPT A CROSS FIELD PASS INSIDE HIS OWN FUCKING BOX. FUCK OFF YOU STUPID CUNT.

CUNT.

CUNT.

CUNT.

CUNT.

HATE THIS JIZZ-POT GAME.

I broke my last phone because of this game.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived