The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum
1 minute ago, Tsubasa said:

So press conference and interview questions/answers are still pretty much the same?

To be fair there are a bucket-load of new questions but there are inevitable repeats of past series.

The opening introduction from the chairman/coaching team upon getting a new job is the same too.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Will be getting this within the next couple of weeks I'd imagine. As per every single year though my current 17 save has gotten interesting.

I'm literally speeding through my Santos save as the game comes out in 3 days. I need to get going with Donny.

• Subscriber
Just now, Blue said:

I'm literally speeding through my Santos save as the game comes out in 3 days. I need to get going with Donny.

I'm unbeaten in about 14 games with Nantes and playing some genuinely brilliant attacking football. I've pottered through 2/3 years of pretty poor games but scraping wins, now I finally crack a lovely attacking system they go and churn the new game out.

• Administrator

if any of you start a game or end up as a team in League Two or League One, get this guy on loan before he makes it to the first team of Utd (or any other top club).

nb.PNG

Absolutely smashing it (see the stats at the bottom. Nearly a goal a game in the league and at least an assist every other game. 

Bossing it for me. 

@Blue looking at you if you're gonna go ahead with the Doncaster save. And @Danny if you can get him for Wolves. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

if any of you start a game or end up as a team in League Two or League One, get this guy on loan before he makes it to the first team of Utd (or any other top club).

nb.PNG

Absolutely smashing it (see the stats at the bottom. Nearly a goal a game in the league and at least an assist every other game. 

Bossing it for me. 

@Blue looking at you if you're gonna go ahead with the Doncaster save. And @Danny if you can get him for Wolves. 

I'm playing FM17 but he is on here, gunna give him a look.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

nb.PNG

Bossing it for me. 

Wow! He's something. I'll try getting him once I get around with Donny. Cheers :) 

football forum
2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Anyone else having problem with crashes? Sometimes I get the ".exe has stopped working" notification in the middle of a match, and always when I'm winning :( Fuck you, SportsInteractive. 

I haven't, but I've not played since release - only the BETA.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:29 AM, The Palace Fan said:

@Stan feel free to share how you win matches.

I mean I could always tell you but apparently my threads don't come up on your feed xD 

One thing that's really annoying me about this version is the amount of tease highlights. So many highlights where the cross hits the goalkeepers hand and goes out.

Also the form some goals are scored. In 16, every cross went in. 17, too many goals from counters. Now, too many goals from beating the offside trap.

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

I must admit that 17 is better thus far, not feeling 18 at all although I'm sure that will change.

I've grown to love the interface on FM 18, but the match engine is horrible. Too many tease highlights that wrongly get you off your seat, all the goals are from beating the offside trap, AI are too smart and predict everything like the higher difficulties or Mortal Kombat and too many last minute winners/equalizers. Too many predictable patterns.

I've already ragequit and gone back to 17. 

• Administrator

Much prefer FM18. Can't think why...

In all honesty, perhaps it's the tactics you're using? The match engine I agree with in that it does have a lot of highlights where a cross goes in and it's always close to the goal or hits the bar or keeper tips it out for a corner at his near post.

I wouldn't say all the goals are from offside trap - I've conceded a variety of goals. Does your defence have a high line? Are your midfield/forwards working hard enough to press the ball so that those balls can't be played through to the strikers? 

Last minute goals - what's the mindset of the players - are they getting complacent? are you going too defensive, therefore inviting pressure on? are they running out of energy from playing too intensely during the match?

Just now, Stan said:

Much prefer FM18. Can't think why...

In all honesty, perhaps it's the tactics you're using? The match engine I agree with in that it does have a lot of highlights where a cross goes in and it's always close to the goal or hits the bar or keeper tips it out for a corner at his near post.

I wouldn't say all the goals are from offside trap - I've conceded a variety of goals. Does your defence have a high line? Are your midfield/forwards working hard enough to press the ball so that those balls can't be played through to the strikers? 

Last minute goals - what's the mindset of the players - are they getting complacent? are you going too defensive, therefore inviting pressure on? are they running out of energy from playing too intensely during the match?

Might be the tactics I'm using. I'm no tactical mastermind, but its not any worse than what I've used on 17.

I play a normal line often, but even with a deep line I still get outpace out of nothing.

Last minute goals for both sides. On 3 different teams, I've noticed last minute goals for me, or them. 

I'll come back to FM 18 soon, and if I don't get a save working on 17 I'll likely go back to 18 but I'm gonna see how this plays out. Right now its done nothing but frustrate me. The match engine that is, everything else that has been added in has been fine.

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived