talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This whole Coutinho saga is so boring now to be honest. I hope he just goes and plays in the Solomon Islands. 

I heard today that he’s had a change of heart. He’s realised Liverpool have a better attacking unit than Barcelona and he’s told them to fuck off, and when they get to fuck off they can fuck off again. Once they’ve fucked off again they can come back and fuck off once more. When they get to once more they can fuck off. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Batard said:

He’s playing well. But if he was happier, imagine what level he’d be on. 

I'm not going to pretend that I think he'll be here long term, he'll be gone in the summer but the way he celebrates his goals means nothing to me to be honest. Currently, he's playing as good as he was at his best last season. That's all that matters

26 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I heard today that he’s had a change of heart. He’s realised Liverpool have a better attacking unit than Barcelona and he’s told them to fuck off, and when they get to fuck off they can fuck off again. Once they’ve fucked off again they can come back and fuck off once more. When they get to once more they can fuck off. 

They really don't, any attacking lineup with Messi in it is better than any other almost by default. Liverpool aren't likely to be competing for the biggest trophies year after year, Barcelona would guarantee him that. It's pretty obvious he wants the move but as Liverpool hold out till summer and get a huge price I don't think they've done badly.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

They really don't, any attacking lineup with Messi in it is better than any other almost by default. Liverpool aren't likely to be competing for the biggest trophies year after year, Barcelona would guarantee him that. It's pretty obvious he wants the move but as Liverpool hold out till summer and get a huge price I don't think they've done badly.

I wasn’t being serious xD 

Although we probably do have one of the best attacks in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Delusion of the Season Award xD

Hook, line & sinker of the season Award xD

9 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The truth is that Liverpool under Klopp do have a devastating attack when it’s on song. If only their defensive side of things was as reliable, then we would be talking about something special. 

He’s sorted the attack, now for the defence. 

Patience :D

He is a goner in the coming summer.  Anyone who believes otherwise doesn't know how football works in modern times. 

I am glad,  to an extent,  that he is at least not pretending otherwise.  Seen plenty of players going,  "I love the club...  I wanna be here forever...",  before forcing a move few months later. He is not disrespecting the fans by not celebrating. That is just over analysing a thing. 

As long as he puts in the performances and has a good WC, I will happy. The squad has equally good options,   if not better,  to counter his eventual departure. 

25 minutes ago, Asura said:

How the fuck has this thread not dead yet.... most boring saga ever in football

I think all transfer sagas are boring tbh. Nothing really matters until there's been a transfer, it's just a lot of bullshit most of the time to sell papers/get ad-revenue from the clicks.

But I think the most boring one of all time is the Fabregas to Barca one - felt like that was talked about for at least 2 seasons.

: "Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

"Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

"I am here [at Liverpool], we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters,"

I'm not 100% sure Couts will leave because I'm still not convinced he's quite good enough for barca or PSG to pay obscene money for. His talent isn't quite all round enough. 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

: "Last summer there was a job offer in the same way that happens with any employee and I was interested in it. Since I stayed I have played with will and desire.

"Of course a lot happened in the summer but my will is always to play and do the best wherever I am - that has not changed.

"I am here [at Liverpool], we have a lot of games and I try to do my best to help. I always do my best when I have the opportunity to play, respecting the jersey and the supporters,"

I'm not 100% sure Couts will leave because I'm still not convinced he's quite good enough for barca or PSG to pay obscene money for. His talent isn't quite all round enough. 

He’d walk into Barca’s first 11. 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

I'm not 100% sure Couts will leave because I'm still not convinced he's quite good enough for barca or PSG to pay obscene money for. His talent isn't quite all round enough

Barcelona tried pretty hard to pay obscene money for him in the summer, so they clearly think he's good enough

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Not for me to say but I’m pretty sure they are not wanting him to sit on the bench. 

He can be used in various tactical formations of attack and that’s the main reason they want him from what I’ve read and heard in the Spanish media ever since this saga started which is over two years ago in actual fact (that’s how long Barcelona have been interested in him).  But there’s also one other important factor... Iniesta is not getting any younger and even though there is and never will be a replacement for someone like him (at his level), he does play well in Iniesta’s position and I would see both of them alternating so Iniesta gets all the rest he needs as he fades out of his footballing career.

All of this is hypothetical though because his Barcelona train may have left the station with him arriving late.  It could actually be PSG so as to appease Neymar who is getting more and more restless and is known to be very unhappy in Paris. 

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He can be used in various tactical formations of attack and that’s the main reason they want him from what I’ve read and heard in the Spanish media ever since this saga started which is over two years ago in actual fact (that’s how long Barcelona have been interested in him).  But there’s also one other important factor... Iniesta is not getting any younger and even though there is and never will be a replacement for someone like him (at his level), he does play well in Iniesta’s position and I would see both of them alternating so Iniesta gets all the rest he needs as he fades out of his footballing career.

All of this is hypothetical though because his Barcelona train may have left the station with him arriving late.  It could actually be PSG so as to appease Neymar who is getting more and more restless and is known to be very unhappy in Paris. 

And what a plank, Neymar is. What did he seriously expect? The league standard is poor, away fans are not permitted at some matches due to safety. PSG aren’t representative of the league they operate in, they’re the original ‘Red Bull’, as in an artificial club that is as plastic as it’s plastic fan base.

19 minutes ago, Batard said:

And what a plank, Neymar is. What did he seriously expect? The league standard is poor, away games are not permitted at some matches due to safety. PSG aren’t representative of the league they operate in, they’re the original ‘Red Bull’, as in an artificial club that is as plastic as it’s plastic fan base.

All that is true but it goes beyond that mate and the product that is Neymar. When you sign him, you take on a multinational into your house and that conflicts with the club interests. PSG have high profile  people from all sectors working in their offices, but they seemed to have thought that they were signing a footballer. That’s what PSG aren’t used to while a club like Barcelona have been part of that mad world for decades and decades. 

Theres also the factor that Neymar is a child in a man’s body.  He makes spur of the moment decisions (which change consistently) and acts upon them without thinking twice on what the future outcome may be... On top of all that his advisor (his father) doesn’t have an inkling on how all of this madness works and just thinks about what will best fill the bank account after his son has acted upon one of his wild unintelligent moments. 

In essence, what I’m saying is that if you have Neymar in your ranks, you’d better have made a plan beforehand and employ the necessary team in the boardroom to just deal with him and what he’s about.   PSG have a lot of problems right now, stuff that’s being covered up by the fact results have on the main been excellent, but the future doesn’t bode well for the club or it’s owner/s and the inevitable will be to let him go as soon as possible which will create another set of MASSIVE problems for Neymar Inc back in the Iberian Peninsula once more.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:35 PM, The Artful Dodger said:

On 7/12/2017 at 3:39 PM, Cannabis said:

Delusion of the Season Award xD

NuceCqe.gif

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Meh, you've shoehorned that one in a bit too much mate.

For the record I said at the time we should have been setting a cap of £40m absolute maximum for this transfer in light of his poor form at City, but money aside I was happy to see him join as he's a good player and he finally looks to be coming good after a poor start.

If Liverpool react well they could make a big step forward by finally creating a balanced midfield. If they lose Can as well, then they can basically start from scratch in building a new midfield 3 around Naby Keita.

A big loss, but also a big opportunity to have a more stable, consistent, top-class midfield.

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think all transfer sagas are boring tbh. Nothing really matters until there's been a transfer, it's just a lot of bullshit most of the time to sell papers/get ad-revenue from the clicks.

But I think the most boring one of all time is the Fabregas to Barca one - felt like that was talked about for at least 2 seasons.

Joke's on you, I wasnt following club football back then :ph34r:

Actually the Vieira from Arsenal to Real Madrid is officially the longest and most boring saga because that one lasted 4 summers and had no laughable shirt pulling moments. There was even one summer where he supposedly even had a medical at Real but nothing came of it.

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived