talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

thats what's so strange about this summer. Since pogba the feeling in the market seems to be that anyone with any potential is worth 50m plus.

The 50m plus club is no longer reserved for the elite players. 

In a world where it takes 50m to pry kyle walker away from spurs what is a fair price for us to part with phil?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's true, and I've no doubt during negotiations of the new contract Barcelona's interest was discussed but as I said above, who could blame him? Same with Suarez, Mascherano... 

We are shopping in a higher tier of players now though and I'm pretty confident Klopp will replace any outgoing players adequately. We've had a £66m bid rejected for Keita and ok they don't want to sell, but it shows the level of player we are now going after. 

Lets not wet the bed the first sign of trouble hey?

Yeah can't blame him at all. 

Of course we need to see what happens between now and the end of the window but going on our previous, I'm sceptical to say the least about our business

• Subscriber

This is one of those situations where the player is worth more to the selling club than he is to the buying club. A much bigger fee than that would be overspending for Barcelona while Liverpool are well within their rights to expect more given how important Coutinho is to them.

Whether this goes through or not depends on Barcelona deciding that money is no object, like Man Utd did with Pogba and Lukaku, or like we might be doing with Sigurdsson.

At this point in their journey under Klopp though, Liverpool selling Coutinho for anything less than a ridiculous fee sends out a negative message. They can certainly improve themselves if they sell him and reinvest the money well, but Liverpool currently have some momentum about them and selling their best player can't be good for them unless they get a proper star player to compensate, rather than three players that bolster their squad well.

Saying that, I don't want to contradict myself after my stance on us selling Lukaku, where I've pointed to Bale at Spurs and other examples of people thinking that a club selling their best player would harm them but the club has actually been better off overall. I don't think this is quite the same as a Bale or Lukaku situation, but I admit that I can't and won't try to argue against Liverpool fans believing that if they get enough money from this transfer, they can end up making an overall improvement if the money is spent wisely. 

• Subscriber

Don't think the club is going to sell and if they do it will be some ridiculous price because even Klopp wants him to stay as he trying to build a team and selling off key players isn't in his long-term plan. Do Barcelona really need Coutinho? I suppose if they do then coughing up money and a big sum at that is how they are going to convince FSG and the club that its time to let the little magician go his way.

I'd tell them to fuck off, which I'm fairly certain will be the club's position. Either that or demand something ridiculous from Barca like:

46 minutes ago, Dalmore said:

If Barca wants to sign Coutinho they'll have to give Suarez as an exchange : D This is the only way Liverpool approves :D

Because fuck Barca.

Liverpool aren't serious about winning if they sell Coutinho. Some players aren't worth selling for any amount of money. Just ask Barça fans if they'd sell Messi for £500M.

There's no release clause in Coutinho's contract, so assuming the club aren't interested in selling, I suppose the only way he'd leave would be asking his agent to force the move.

Klopp jokingly saying Coutinho's release clause is actually £400M gives us an idea of how highly he rates him.

The only thing that worries me with Coutinho is his inconsistency, but there's no denying that when he's on song he's absolutely brilliant. However, the price seems a little bit too steep, I'm not sure if he's worth that-purely because of his inconsistency. And as Balon said, the Neymar replacement would be Dybala....if we got Coutinho it would more as an heir to Iniesta

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

This is one of those situations where the player is worth more to the selling club than he is to the buying club. A much bigger fee than that would be overspending for Barcelona while Liverpool are well within their rights to expect more given how important Coutinho is to them.

Whether this goes through or not depends on Barcelona deciding that money is no object, like Man Utd did with Pogba and Lukaku, or like we might be doing with Sigurdsson.

At this point in their journey under Klopp though, Liverpool selling Coutinho for anything less than a ridiculous fee sends out a negative message. They can certainly improve themselves if they sell him and reinvest the money well, but Liverpool currently have some momentum about them and selling their best player can't be good for them unless they get a proper star player to compensate, rather than three players that bolster their squad well.

Saying that, I don't want to contradict myself after my stance on us selling Lukaku, where I've pointed to Bale at Spurs and other examples of people thinking that a club selling their best player would harm them but the club has actually been better off overall. I don't think this is quite the same as a Bale or Lukaku situation, but I admit that I can't and won't try to argue against Liverpool fans believing that if they get enough money from this transfer, they can end up making an overall improvement if the money is spent wisely. 

Good post. I agree with pretty much everything you said. I do rate Coutinho very highly though, probably more than most. I just think he's a fantastic player and I'll be gutted when he inevitably leaves. 

It'll be interesting to see how much Barcelona actually want Coutinho. The way to find out of course is to see how many of their cuntish players get wheeled out to say some cringe worthy bullshit like it's destiny or something. Xavi was the worst for that but thankfully he's no longer there to talk shit. If Neymar stuck around he'd obviously be one talking but looks like he's off to PSG. Pique is the other one to watch out for, always been a cunt. Barcelona, always randomly remember what a bunch of crooked cunts they are that get portrayed as the shining light of football. Cunts.

6 hours ago, 6666 said:

It'll be interesting to see how much Barcelona actually want Coutinho. The way to find out of course is to see how many of their cuntish players get wheeled out to say some cringe worthy bullshit like it's destiny or something. Xavi was the worst for that but thankfully he's no longer there to talk shit. If Neymar stuck around he'd obviously be one talking but looks like he's off to PSG. Pique is the other one to watch out for, always been a cunt. Barcelona, always randomly remember what a bunch of crooked cunts they are that get portrayed as the shining light of football. Cunts.

Agreed. They think they're like some kind of beacon of light in football and not at all a bunch of cunts like Real Madrid. They're just as much of a bunch of cunts, if not moreso. And fuck that "mes que un club" bollocks as well.

I used to like Barca a little bit, but now I fucking hate them.

• Subscriber

The worldwide Barcelona wank fest is absolutely cringe, all the big clubs are bastards when they have the opportunity to be and it's utterly hilarious that so many people convince themselves that Barcelona vs Real Madrid somehow equates to some good vs evil clash.

55 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The worldwide Barcelona wank fest is absolutely cringe, all the big clubs are bastards when they have the opportunity to be and it's utterly hilarious that so many people convince themselves that Barcelona vs Real Madrid somehow equates to some good vs evil clash.

It's because Franco was a fascist and liked Real Madrid, imo. If not for that, it would just be a match between Spain's 2 biggest clubs.

How much of their coaching at both of these clubs is devoted to tax dodging rather than football though?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I hope Piqué cunts his mouth off so I can have a laugh.  xD:what:

The unique situation is here is that Barcelona are not the sort of club to want to pay huge fees. Typically they'll unsettle a player and then Use that to negotiate a lower fee. I do wonder whether they're potentially going to get left behind in transfer dealings when other clubs will pay the insane fees. They're always going to attract great players but they're banking on their name in a world where simply saying "we are Barca, he wants to sign for us, this is what we'll pay and that is that" doesn't carry the same weight anymore. The Premeir League and Chinese investment at other clubs has somewhat changed the financial landscape. And some. 

3 hours ago, Batard said:

The unique situation is here is that Barcelona are not the sort of club to want to pay huge fees. Typically they'll unsettle a player and then Use that to negotiate a lower fee. I do wonder whether they're potentially going to get left behind in transfer dealings when other clubs will pay the insane fees. They're always going to attract great players but they're banking on their name in a world where simply saying "we are Barca, he wants to sign for us, this is what we'll pay and that is that" doesn't carry the same weight anymore. The Premeir League and Chinese investment at other clubs has somewhat changed the financial landscape. And some. 

Historically you're correct mate.  They have always been rather unique (arrogant if you like) in the fact that if a player wants to play for them, then they're going to one of the biggest names in the sport and that should be the initial part of negotiating a contract.

But they have spent big in recent times with none other than Neymar who after the president of the time Sandro Rosell was brought to task by the fans (the members, something us Arsenal fans can't do) the reality of the transfer fee wasn't exactly €56m as he first made public, but actually €112m.  That's not a small amount and that transfer fee was 4 years ago!.  Then Luis Suárez who went for €90m or even André Gomes who in total went for €84m...  Only this summer we're in now, Nélson Semedo has gone for an amount that can actually reach €127m if all bits and bobs in the transfer negotiations are met over the next three years.

So they're not foreign to spending big!

But like I said, in general you're right.

The thing here is that Coutinho is NOT worth even the amount that Barcelona have supposedly offered (£70m), and remember that Barça isn't a PLC and they are subject to approval of the fans (socios) on things like this or they'll end up like Joan Laporta or Sandro Rosell.  Infact they're gonna end up that way no matter what occurs in this transfer window for other reasons and within the next three months we'll have elections at FC Barcelona.

All that chit chat further up in the posts is just envy.  Every club taps players and it's strange that a "fellow" Arsenal fan has pulled up Barça on tapping players when our club has been doing it for as long as we've had Wenger in charge.  But Arsenal can't be "cunts" because we're simply not big enough or important enough in the global family that is football.  We only exist in the Forbes list and very little else. :o

I didn't know whether to post this in the Neymar possibly going to PSG thread or this one...  But I would say this concerns the Liverpool boys on here more than just the constant "rumourology" concerning Neymar's lack of mental equilibrium.

The latest coming in from New York which is where Barça are doing the start of their pre season tour (they're actually playing Juventus at this minute) is that Neymar may be staying.  Now, even though this disappoints me because I'd rather he left...  He has apparently been persuaded by his teammates to understand the mistake he'd be making by going to PSG...  Providing this is all true (something I have no idea about because it's all gone mental), then I would say that Liverpool will almost definitely be losing Coutinho this summer.

The reason I say this is because part of the reason Neymar wants to leave is because he's been left without Brazilians in the Barça setup (obviously amongst other reasons).  Only Rafinha remains (and Douglas, although he doesn't really count because nobody knows if he's a professional footballer) and he looks to be on his way out of the Camp Nou.  So the rumours are that if he stays, Barça will bring in Coutinho even though Barcelona were NEVER going to go in for that signing this summer as he isn't actually needed right now as things stand (that's how messed up this Barça board are).

27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Did they ever serve their fucking transfer ban, the cunts?

They did indeed. But even then and even though they do what every club does they're still cunts all the same. 

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

They did indeed. But even then and even though they do what every club does they're still cunts all the same. 

Clubs don't go to the lengths Barcelona or Real Madrid do. Their presidents and club officials come out publicly trying to unsettle players. And their crooked deal to bring Neymar over isn't what other clubs do. No other clubs get painted as everything that's good about football like Barcelona do either with their disingenuous "More Than A Club" bullshit while doing all these things.

No club is perfect when it comes to transfer dealings but Barcelona are at a whole other level. You saying "every club does the same" is nonsense.

Maybe Barcelona should concentrate on signing a good accounting team seeing as no one at the club knows how to pay tax.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Nah, other clubs don't do what Real Madrid or Barcelona do. They take tapping up to different levels. Their pursuit of Fabregas in particular was shameless. What they did for Mascherano wasn't much better.

Barca and Real Madrid don't deserve the football world sucking their balls, like so many do. Instead they should get longer transfer bans and some classes on how to pay taxes.

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

Clubs don't go to the lengths Barcelona or Real Madrid do. Their presidents and club officials come out publicly trying to unsettle players. And their crooked deal to bring Neymar over isn't what other clubs do. No other clubs get painted as everything that's good about football like Barcelona do either with their disingenuous "More Than A Club" bullshit while doing all these things.

No club is perfect when it comes to transfer dealings but Barcelona are at a whole other level. You saying "every club does the same" is nonsense.

Maybe Barcelona should concentrate on signing a good accounting team seeing as no one at the club knows how to pay tax.

First of all tell me about the crooked deal FC Barcelona done to bring Neymar to the club?  Let's see how much you know.

Then tell me about "tapping" players...  Tell me about how Barcelona and Real Madrid do something more than any other club.  Go on...  Let's see how much you know about this.

Because clubs like Barça and Real are on a different scale (something some people in England find hard to comprehend) you fail to get the dimensions of the publicity revolving those two clubs.

I'll give you a hand at the start of your answers to my questions because I KNOW you won't be able to answer them...  The reason you know so much about Barcelona and Real's dealings is because of how the Spanish press works and is filtered into the cracks of both clubs.  They make everything public!  There's no directive in Spain for any medium to defend the product that is La Liga (LFP) whereas in England there is a general directive to protect the FA's Premier League.

I actually KNOW what I'm talking about and I don't go into half the stuff that I get in all of this but I'm free to read the rest of the stuff you have to give me.

Go on...  Start writing... :D

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Nah, other clubs don't do what Real Madrid or Barcelona do. They take tapping up to different levels. Their pursuit of Fabregas in particular was shameless. What they did for Mascherano wasn't much better.

Barca and Real Madrid don't deserve the football world sucking their balls, like so many do. Instead they should get longer transfer bans and some classes on how to pay taxes.

Go on then mate...  Join 6666666666 in telling me about it all.  Tell me what''s worse about tapping?

Be careful though...  Tell me something your club don't do.  I hope it's not players coming out in public answering questions referring to rumours.  That AIN'T TAPPING!

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Instead they should get longer transfer bans and some classes on how to pay taxes.

Also tell me an instance where either club hasn't paid their taxes?

No other club has forced a Barca shirt on to a player at international duty. And their players are pretty clearly coached on how to avoiding taxes.

Why pretend to be an Arsenal fan if you really just love Barca?

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived