talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

GOLD CUP FINAL: USA vs Jamaica

football forum

Starts in about 45 minutes. 

Jamaica beating Mexico made this final a little less interesting, however, hopefully Arena can get the troops on the same page tonight. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be watching this.

Think Jamaica will manage a shock win. Say what you want about the Reggae Boyz' questionable squad quality, but they have a solid backline for CONCACAF level and are excellent at playing to their strengths. Creating chances off the counter with their pace and able to hold off the opposition with their great defence and spirit. The USA will threaten in attack, but if they're just as bad as the back as they were against El Salvador, they are going to be caught out a lot here.

Unlucky end to the game for Jamaica as they were excellent once again. Miller came in for Blake and played just as well. The quality shone through though because as I mentioned, if the USA won it would have been due to the gap in quality between the 2 teams. Jamaica had a much better game plan but the Americans had the team to see them out. =

Congrats to the USA.

Team of the tournament

f0b5abd665ddbcbd3eb9b2d00364249b.png

Seems about right to me. Kemar Lawrence and Omar Gonzalez were definitely the 2 best defenders in the tournament, while Altidore and Davies also deserve their place for their efforts with Canada and USA respectively. 

Michael Bradley wins player of the tournament. Should have been Kemar in my opinion.

Blake wins keeper of the tournament, that's deserved.

Alphonso Davies at 16 wins the best young player of the tournament. Also deserved.

Archived