talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PES (and a bit of FIFA...)

football forum

football forum

Are you a FIFA or PES fan? Regardless of which the place to talk is in this thread. Are you building the team of dreams in Ultimate Team or tearing the place up in Master League Online? Let us know below; 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 3/3/2017 at 9:45 PM, Cicero said:

Both are fucking shit

While they both really aren't really up to snuff anymore I feel like PES has tried to experiment more than FIFA in recent years even if it hasn't done the franchise any good. 

Yup. After two transfer windows, United thought it would be a good idea to have Ibrahimovic, Griezmann, Aubameyang, Lukaku, Dybala, and Lacazette all batteling for one centre forward position.

Such a vibe killer for those who love career mode. 

• Subscriber

Fundamental flaw with Career mode then I suppose. I only played it once with the last iteration before switch over to a game I actually wanted to play instead. I also can't stand how dazzlingly slow FIFA is compared to PES. This is not to say that PES doesn't have its flaws but to me the arcade-ish feel keeps me more entertained than the overly-done simulator mode that FIFA offers.

• Subscriber

Do we have to merge the 2? I suggest re naming this and having a separate Pes thread?

Here's my UT. Quite a few untradables there.

Defoe, Son, Alli, Azpi, Mandanda are all untradables. 

feeef.jpg

On 09/03/2017 at 11:52 PM, JOSHBRFC said:

Separate them. ¬¬

Qualified for the weekend league at the first attempt, will try get a few games done this weekend if I get the chance. On fire with that team atm. 

You gonna get POTM Kane to go with Son and Alli? 

I tried playing with my Italy reserve side this weekend and i'm doing shockingly bad, 8 wins from 22 games so far :4_joy:

• Administrator

PES and always PES for me. Even in the years it was utter shite. PES6 will always remain fondly in my memory as the pinnacle of footie sims. Problem is now even with PES being good again, the pursuit of reality takes the fun out of the sim, AI rubber banding, game physics and through ball spamming just kills the fun. 

9 hours ago, Batard said:

PES and always PES for me. Even in the years it was utter shite. PES6 will always remain fondly in my memory as the pinnacle of footie sims. Problem is now even with PES being good again, the pursuit of reality takes the fun out of the sim, AI rubber banding, game physics and through ball spamming just kills the fun. 

PES5 was my personal favourite. Never got into PES6 (though this was on 360).

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Dr Boris Gobshite said:

I tried playing with my Italy reserve side this weekend and i'm doing shockingly bad, 8 wins from 22 games so far :4_joy:

I am indeed! It's going to cost a lot of coins to complete, but I've got a decent team of untradables now so I'm going for it. This weekend has been extended to Tuesday morning so I should get a few more wins. I never have the time to play at the weekend but qualify anyway just incase. Working tonight but I'll get some done tomorrow. Italy reserve side for the weekend league? xD

If PES had the licenses then I'd say I easily prefer them. The gameplay is better and the master league is great. The lack of licenses is annoying though especially as they actually do the licensed kits better than FIFA.

Hope we can get to a point where exclusive licenses are no longer a thing and both games can show us the best of what they can do without limits.

• Subscriber

I've never liked career mode. I think having FM killed any buzz I have for that.

I went to PES for 16 and for 17 I've just not bothered with anything, doesn't help only having a 360. I did play FIFA 17 on an Xbox One though and was actually pleasantly surprised, felt it had significantly improved. Contemplated getting it but probably got other things I ought to spend my money on to be honest. Not sure I'd play it enough to justify it.

• Subscriber
On 12/03/2017 at 2:27 AM, Dr Boris Gobshite said:

Saw that you did okay in the end, 18 wins last i saw? I got 8 for the 2nd weekend in a row. Haven't been anywhere near finishing the 40 games. 

Why is it whenever I chose a 4 star team on this, I get dicked and end up facing one of the best 4.5 star teams? Also if I choose a 4.5 star team, they give me sides like fucking Bayern Munich.

I was Las Palmas the other day and they pitted me against Dortmund, for example. It's shite this game and it's impossible to have a proper game on it unless you pick a 5 star team.

Archived