• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PES (and a bit of FIFA...)

football forum

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'm not sure mate, I don't really play PS but I know that you can import kits and badges to make the game realistic. 

From what I can understand you simply put the kit files onto a USB stick and then copy the files onto the hard drive once the stick is plugged in, I don't know if being on the network is required for this to happen.

might be worth buying then if you can..i take back what i said if you can lol

On 8/26/2017 at 8:47 AM, Cannabis said:

I'm not sure mate, I don't really play PS but I know that you can import kits and badges to make the game realistic. 

From what I can understand you simply put the kit files onto a USB stick and then copy the files onto the hard drive once the stick is plugged in, I don't know if being on the network is required for this to happen.

It is not

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

PES 2018 is a game changer, the game is incredible. All of my mates will still be playing FIFA this season so I'll more than likely get that to play with them and whatnot but I'm 99% certain that PES is going to be my game this year, it's so much better than anything I've seen before and is the closest to the ''golden era'' of 2004-06. The demo is out now worldwide for anyone that wants to try and and I really urge you to do so, this could be the year that changes things.

Are the goalkeepers much better this year? That remains my only reservation, despite the limited career mode.

43 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

PES 2018 is a game changer, the game is incredible. All of my mates will still be playing FIFA this season so I'll more than likely get that to play with them and whatnot but I'm 99% certain that PES is going to be my game this year, it's so much better than anything I've seen before and is the closest to the ''golden era'' of 2004-06. The demo is out now worldwide for anyone that wants to try and and I really urge you to do so, this could be the year that changes things.

Yup, getting it ahead of Fifa this year. Going to career mode the fuck out of it. 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Cheers for the heads up. Will download it over the weekend.

• Administrator

As a die hard PES fan and bemoaner during the lean years - my God PES2008 really was a low point - I can safely say that PES2018 is the closest they will ever get to recreating the fun factor that it last had a decade ago. I was frankly astounded at how good I was, the AI wasn't a cunt, dribbling wasn't difficult, Through balls are now played with intelligence instead of button spammed through your team or worse just belted straight at a defender. It's so good I know I can buy it. Because with a child on the way I can't afford to become hopelessly addicted to something as good as this, and nothing triggers my addiction centres quite like PES master league. Some cunt better play it and share their Master League with the forum here. 

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Batard said:

As a die hard PES fan and bemoaner during the lean years - my God PES2008 really was a low point - I can safely say that PES2018 is the closest they will ever get to recreating the fun factor that it last had a decade ago. I was frankly astounded at how good I was, the AI wasn't a cunt, dribbling wasn't difficult, Through balls are now played with intelligence instead of button spammed through your team or worse just belted straight at a defender. It's so good I know I can buy it. Because with a child on the way I can't afford to become hopelessly addicted to something as good as this, and nothing triggers my addiction centres quite like PES master league. Some cunt better play it and share their Master League with the forum here. 

Has anyone ever done a ML run on this forum? Don't think I have ever seen one. 

I also pre-ordered PES2018 even though I refuse to play the demo. I've only heard good things so lets see what they have done from the last iteration which I did enjoy playing.

• Subscriber

Yeah without a shadow of a doubt after finally caving in and playing the demo this new edition of PES has a totally different feel about it. If I had to put a finger on it I'd say its more organic than its predecessor and I like how the off-player AI has gotten a lot better with the new tactical settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Got PES today, only gone and packed Cristiano Ronaldo xD. My front line at the moment is Ronaldo, Maradona and Bale (who's on loan) which I'm quite impressed with if I say so myself. I've got Usain Bolt on the bench but I'm unsure if I'll use him as it feels a bit weird having a track and field runner in a football game... nevertheless I've started the season well. My first and only game was cut short at half-time after I romped to a 6-0 lead, Ronaldo and Maradona bagging a brace each. 

It must be something to do with the licence but it's not half annoying how the transfers aren't up to date when the game comes out. I spin the wheel for a ''FC Barcelona Star'' and get Jeremy Mathieu ¬¬. Not to mention that the likes of Neymar, Lukaku and Dembele are all with Barcelona, Merseyside Blue and Borussia Dortmund respectively. 

Its on download right now how are you liking it so far?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

The servers are quite poor while it's release day which is frustrating but I think I'm going to really enjoy it. It feels just as good as the demo with the added bits of MyClub and Master League. 

For me it's much better than FIFA this year. This could be the beginning of PES' revival.

Are you on Xbox or PS?

PS. Considering an XBONE but only once the new one comes out if that happens. I think PC players can connect to Xbox players?

Can't wait to try ML this time around.

• Subscriber

So about two hours into ML and I am starting to see why people think this is Konami's year. For starters any ML I have played before this has always seemed a bit labored (even the last edition). I never pick the actual rosters and go for the classic mode because to me that just seems to be the better choice. Controls have vastly improved and whats actually better is the non-simple mode for setting team strategies even if you are playing at the hardest level. The other thing that has bothered me since they did it about two years ago is manual mode which always seems to act a bit funny in shorter pass situations but now that little nuisance is gone as well. You'd try and pass the ball and it would never work right but now it seems fixed so thats a plus point for actually trying to guide the ball into open spaces with the pass instead of the through-ball button.

This is a solid game and I am loving it even if it doesn't have all the kits and the licensing. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

@Mel81x - If you are on PS you can do the kits yourself. 

As for me, myClub is starting to show the cracks that this game has. The online modes are so broken that its unplayable at the moment. Keeper glitches and input lag is seriously putting me off playing at the moment, I want to start a Master League campaign but Konami haven't sorted the transfers out yet!

Ya know five iterations later both on PC and PS3/4 and I still haven't used or cared for Option file loads. I think its just a PITA to have to do it via a USB and honestly I don't even care for the kits personally. If you get the PC version I totally recommend it because its easy and painless. If you're on a console and can stand the amount of work it takes to push the data over from the files into the system then go for it. I remember there being a team Wolf<something> that used to make such great kits back when I had WE on the PC and they even updated player rosters regularly. I think it might have been WE back in 99 or 2001. 

As for PES/WE online I think the one time I played it online was in Singapore and that was only because they had an exhibition for PES 2013 in a mall and I was curious what it looked like so I played it online there. Just give Konami another week and you'll get used to the frequency of transfer updates as they take a while to get into the swing of things. 

• Subscriber

I didn't get any game last year. Year before I got PES 2016 on the 360. I thought it had a lot about it that's likable but some obvious flaws to the game, an improvement but still probably not enough to recover from FIFA's stronghold.

I bought PES because I'd gotten a bit sick of FIFA in all honesty, minimal improvement, clever marketing rather than a quality product as they would often remove something on a previous version, bring it back and advertise it as a new feature.

Ultimately I think it's far too Ultimate Team based. I get why as there's so much money in it for them but I suppose it just shows the mindset of a lot of fans now - that they'd rather pay actual money rather than build a team up over time.

But I played FIFA 17 at my mates house earlier in the year on the next gen and I was actually really pleasantly surprised. Having been used to PES, I did find the gameplay far too quick and I'm delighted to hear they've slowed it right down, and why am I delighted? Because I've caved in. I'm back. PS4 and FIFA 18 is in the post. A shocking show of betrayal but it's time to get with the times. Who on here can I kick the arse of?

86b0240f9eda753ee9bcbf8ffc576081.jpg

Another reason to avoid FIFA, hilariously inaccurate ratings for the Peruvians. I'm not saying it because they are low, I'm saying it because its laughable how some are ahead of others.

- Jefferson Farfan isn't even one of our best 5, never mind our best. 

- Andy Polo should be a 65 max and Edison Flores should be much higher than him. Same case with Benavente

- Yotun is better than Tapia

- Advincula has created a reputation and should be at least a 75.

The only accurate ones are Callens, Bulos, Ruidiaz, Carrillo and Hurtado. 

On 24/9/2017 at 11:02 AM, Dan said:

I didn't get any game last year. Year before I got PES 2016 on the 360. I thought it had a lot about it that's likable but some obvious flaws to the game, an improvement but still probably not enough to recover from FIFA's stronghold.

I bought PES because I'd gotten a bit sick of FIFA in all honesty, minimal improvement, clever marketing rather than a quality product as they would often remove something on a previous version, bring it back and advertise it as a new feature.

Ultimately I think it's far too Ultimate Team based. I get why as there's so much money in it for them but I suppose it just shows the mindset of a lot of fans now - that they'd rather pay actual money rather than build a team up over time.

But I played FIFA 17 at my mates house earlier in the year on the next gen and I was actually really pleasantly surprised. Having been used to PES, I did find the gameplay far too quick and I'm delighted to hear they've slowed it right down, and why am I delighted? Because I've caved in. I'm back. PS4 and FIFA 18 is in the post. A shocking show of betrayal but it's time to get with the times. Who on here can I kick the arse of?

You were the reason I decided to get PES 16. Took your word and we both agreed it was on the right track. From what I'm reading, it seems Konami continued to improve the game and that its going to be much better. Of course all the 14-16 year olds will get FIFA and continue to jump on the PES bashing bandwagon. FIFA will win again despite doing fuck all but market the game well. Ultimately though, that's what wins.

Archived