• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 8th August - UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid 2-1 Manchester United

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

Someone wake up Teso they've got one back. 

Last thing I remember he fucked this game and is watching old ronaldo videos during his man utd times on youtube for a heavy wank 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Romelu Lukaku has now scored 9 goals in his last 6 appearances in European competition. His first goal for Man Utd. 👊

cheers geoff

• The title was changed to Tuesday 8th August - UEFA Super Cup - Real Madrid 2-1 Manchester United
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

gulf in class clear between the 2 teams. Utd could do with a Kante-esque player in midfield. 

and morata-esque striker who could have buried that 6 yard chance and taken the match to extra time and penalties......too bad they had to take the L, bad transfers by the speciaL one

• Subscriber

Same old Man Utd, well I say old, same new Man Utd I mean. Slap bang average. I just wonder what game it is we'll confirm another finish above them, I reckon a win at Burnley on the 14th April will do it.

• Subscriber

Decent game in patches. Real Madrid miles ahead of United though. 

No excuses for Mourinho this season, commentators on BT chatting shite about how he's still building this team. After signing Lukaku, Pogba, Lindelof, Matic for the money they have you can't use that excuse anymore. United start accepting the perpetual transition period they'll look in the mirror in a few years and see Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

True. The bad news is their finishing is still appalling. 

Forget finishing!  Even if they finished what they started you get the sense that certain clubs will select the next gear and get the job done anyway.

The reason I've given Man Utd even more stick (because losing to Real Madrid isn't exactly unusual) is because THIS Real Madrid right now is a tactical mess!  Everyone knows this in Spain and even though pre-season is pre-season and this was a "competitive" match, this meant more to Man Utd than Real Madrid for so many obvious reasons.  It's simple...  Manchester United today are just a brandname, an overhyped brandname with very little meaning behind it aside from domestic success.  They're not even the biggest name in England!

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Decent game in patches. Real Madrid miles ahead of United though. 

No excuses for Mourinho this season, commentators on BT chatting shite about how he's still building this team. After signing Lukaku, Pogba, Lindelof, Matic for the money they have you can't use that excuse anymore. United start accepting the perpetual transition period they'll look in the mirror in a few years and see Arsenal.

I think we've gotten progressively worse for making excuses for failure in this country. I swear no-one used to slag off having to play in Europe about 10 years ago other than when you had CSKA Moscow or Dynamo Kiev.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived