talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

14 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Nyck de Vries comes across really shit in Drive to Survive... :ph34r:

Really? I thought he came across as quite down to earth. Lives in a small apartment, doesn't really like flashy cars etc. 

• Haha 1

I think Mercedes want to evaluate how Antonelli does in F2. If he's ready I think they might give him the Mercedes seat straight away. Like Toto said, he doesn't want to lose Antonelli the way he lost Max, when he didn't manage to show him a way with Mercedes in F1. If Antonelli maybe needs 1-2 more years to be ready for F1, I could see them going for Seb until Antonelli is ready. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Ben Sulayem is being investigated for interfering the the race result last season, lol. The state of F1 these days...

He'll get away with it. They'll blame it on Hamas.

• Subscriber

Do we not have a thread for Saudi? xD says it all.

I would call out Stroll for being an absolute waste of a seat again but to be honest bringing out the safety car is a reasonable contribution to what was already looking like another procession. 

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Do we not have a thread for Saudi? xD

We do on discord. :ph34r:

KMag was amazing today. Well, sometimes completely crazy, but also amazing. Held the car behind him up, so Hülkenberg could pit and stay in the points. xD

And yea, Bearman was really impressive today. His headrest was completely squished by the end of the race. He's gonna feel his neck tomorrow. 

• Subscriber

Bearman, a really good solid debut race, fair play. Nothing of much interest otherwise.

The only other thing that's commentworthy to me is that Red Bull are taking the piss if they think either Ricciardo or Tsunoda will offer anything more than Perez in that second seat. All three of them are absolute bang average.

6 hours ago, MUFC said:

I just skipped to the end. 

"So how much faster would a no rules car be? In all honesty, I don't know." 

Yea, you don't need to waste 19 minutes for that. 

I saw Ralf Schumacher complaining about Alonso preventing younger drivers getting into F1,  that from a Man who was worse than Stroll by the time he was dumped out.   Alonso is so good he earns his right to be in F1 there are other drivers that do not deserve to be in F1 that should be dumped out,  Lance Stroll is one such driver,  Gasly and Ocon are not far behind. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Not really. 

Fair enough,  without looking at the low hanging fruits of 2 or 3 year drivers,  Ricciardo, Magnussen, Hulkenberg, Tsunodo, Gasly haven't done much overall,  Stroll should be the first out though. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...