talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

Was it Dickon that saved Jaime? 

Speaking of Jaime, I thought the filming was brilliant. When the soldiers were burning alive, you could see how it affected Jaime, almost like a Vietnam flashback.  Reliving the horror under the rule of a Targaryan forever haunts him and I am assuming that is why he risked it all to try and kill Dany. 

Jaime 4 Life

Edited by Cicero

Been streaming these episodes as it's not out on our Netflix and I don't have pay tv... so not HD for me but still epic. Does Jamie survive? Tune in next week.(hoping he was drowning ?) 

Edited by Anton

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Was it Dickon that saved Jaime? 

Speaking of Jaime, I thought the filming was brilliant. When the soldiers were burning alive, you could see how it affected Jaime, almost like a Vietnam flashback.  Reliving the horror under the rule of a Targaryan forever haunts him and I am assuming that is why he risked it all to try and kill Dany. 

Jaime 4 Life

I thought it was Bron that saves him.

I'm actually more intrigued as to what Tyrion is thinking now. He was watching the carnage unfold with a 'What the fuck have i done' expression, almost as if he's backed the wrong horse with Dany going as mad as the Mad King.

What with his failed plan with Casterly Rock, there looks to be some cracks in that alliance.

As for Jaime, I'm glad he's survived although part of me thinks if he was to die, that would have been the best way to go out. Blaze of glory.

Edited by Lucas

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I thought it was Bron that saves him.

I'm actually more intrigued as to what Tyrion is thinking now. He was watching the carnage unfold with a 'What the fuck have i done' expression, almost as if he's backed the wrong horse with Dany going as mad as the Mad King.

What with his failed plan with Casterly Rock, there looks to be some cracks in that alliance.

As for Jaime, I'm glad he's survived although part of me thinks if he was to die, that would have been the best way to go out. Blaze of glory.

While watching the episode, couldn't help but think that if they were to somehow kill the Dragon, a main character would die in the process. Be it Bron or Jaime. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

While watching the episode, couldn't help but think that if they were to somehow kill the Dragon, a main character would die in the process. Be it Bron or Jaime. 

I thought one of them was going for sure. The thing is we are that far into it now with certain characters from both sides coming up against eachother that it's leaving the audience torn as to who they want to see alive or dead. I could imagine many have been wanting to see the dragons let rip but on the flipside, Jaime and Bron are well liked.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I thought one of them was going for sure. The thing is we are that far into it now with certain characters from both sides coming up against eachother that it's leaving the audience torn as to who they want to see alive or dead. I could imagine many have been wanting to see the dragons let rip but on the flipside, Jaime and Bron are well liked.

Agreed. From the episode 5 preview, it looks like one of the dragons finally approach Jon. With him being a dragon and all, I wonder how they will react to him?

• Subscriber

I think this is the beginning of Danys "mad queen" arc. She will win the war but be "Queen of the Ashes" after all as her dragon fire and Cerseis wildfire will between them wreck the country, before she somewhat redeems herself by going North to help the Starks defeat the Night King. My theory at least. 

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I think this is the beginning of Danys "mad queen" arc. She will win the war but be "Queen of the Ashes" after all as her dragon fire and Cerseis wildfire will between them wreck the country, before she somewhat redeems herself by going North to help the Starks defeat the Night King. My theory at least. 

Think her aspirations will ultimately lead to her demise. Cersei now has enough gold to have as many armies as she desires. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Think her aspirations will ultimately lead to her demise. Cersei now has enough gold to have as many armies as she desires. 

Naaah, Cersei is wanting to ship over sellswords from Essos, Dany is already within striking distance of King's Landing.

That was the second best episode, the first best being the Battle of the Bastards.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Danyrs just attacked the Lannisters transporting the gold. I don't think the Iron Bank is going to be repaid with Tyrell gold - I think the Dothraki and Drogon have given her a big advantage here. Plus it's a story of Fire and Ice... so her and Jon Snow are pretty important characters.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That was the second best episode, the first best being the Battle of the Bastards.

Danyrs just attacked the Lannisters transporting the gold. I don't think the Iron Bank is going to be repaid with Tyrell gold - I think the Dothraki and Drogon have given her a big advantage here. Plus it's a story of Fire and Ice... so her and Jon Snow are pretty important characters.

Sam's father says to Jamie that the gold was sent through the gate to King's Landing or something like that. So, the gold is safe.

@Topic

The next episode's preview showed that Tyrion is beginning to have doubts about Khaleesi or maybe about the dragons. 

Jon vs Dragon thing is most probably misleading. Dont think they will reveal his fire thing now.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ah yeah that's true, although I could of sworn some gold made it through.  Episode 5 should reveal a lot with respect to who has the advantage at the moment. Cersei still has the GreyJoy's.

With Dany and Jon, Still think one of them will die before the series finishes. 

Edited by Cicero

At times I can be the first to go against something that's massively hyped but fuck me what a series this is, I genuinely can't believe there's people out there who haven't watched GOT yet. Personally I was let down slightly by last season as I thought it was constantly trying to outdo itself although it was still very decent nonetheless. This season in my opinion is better than the last already.

Edited by carefreeluke

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ah, well that's a bit shit for the good guys.

Daenerys will go power mad at least to an extent next episode, they can't let it get too "good vs bad", just not the way they do things with the odd exception like Robb Stark vs Joffrey and Jon Snow vs Ramsay. By the way, love how one minute Dany is on the beach like "I can't feed my army, the Lannisters took all the food from the Reach", then one ad-break later she's suddenly like "I have a massive dragon so I'm going to burn all of the supplies in the supply train and let the Dothraki deal with the soldiers instead of burning the Lannister army and stealing the supplies".

What happened to Tarly Sr anyway? He didn't appear for a long time and I reckon they would have shown it if he got caught in the dragon fire. Be a good twist if he shat himself and fled after he forced Samwell to go to the Night's Watch for being a coward.

Watching that battle: When you hate the Lannisters, but still love Jamie. 

A356jiI.gif?noredirect

Great episode. Some nice re-unions with Arya going back to Winterfell, and Theon meeting Jon. The battle at the end was fucking intense. Can't wait for the next episodes! 

The only thing this season has me wondering is, how does everyone get everywhere so quickly? Jon traveling to the other side of world, BOOM there he is etc. 

Oh and Bran is finally becoming interesting:

kbGHpDAnna_j2FHpbUS7SNj284wGPnVuZW2qLFJA

How do you outsmart someone who knows EVERYTHING?!