talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Game Of Thrones

football forum

On 18/07/2017 at 1:03 AM, Cicero said:

Few predictions on my part. 

2. Bran is the lord of the light.

With what he did with Hodor, (Hold the Door), I feel Bran has certain untapped powers that enable him to correct the past, alter the past and present, and bring back life. 

Such poor taste to have Ed Sheeran in the episode. Just going to pretend that ginger twat wasn't in there. 

It's heavily implied that Jamie is, especially in the book.

Decent episode, Danny was cringe as fuck as usual, when she pulled down that Baratheon banner and made a tough bitch face I laughed out loud.

If I were jon I would bang my step sis to secure her alliance or kill her off andhold littlefinger as a peaceful hostage to secure the knights of the vale til the war was over.

Just do it.jpg

Dew it

Edited by Tanksie
  • Upvote 1

The scene itself seemed like it was just there to have him in. He wasn't actually too bad but it was distracting to have a celebrity who's not known for acting do a random cameo, it breaks immersion. It's also worse than if he was to be given a more significant role as at least that'd allow you to get reimmersed into the show and care more about the character than who's playing him.

Worse part of the scene though was the end, the whole pause and then breaking out in laughter isn't something that I would've expected from Game Of Thrones.

• Subscriber

*******SpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilers*******

Good episode that. Nervous about a few things.

Winterfell: Jon seems to be riding off without support from many of the lords. Sansa will have a job keeping them all under control while Baelish looks to manipulate her. Hopefully Arya or The Hound arrive soon and reveal to her that Baelish betrayed Ned giving her a reason to take his head.

Arya: I hope I'm wrong here, but my interpretation of that scene with the wolf and her conclusion "that's not you" seems to be her deciding that being the girl who goes home just isn't who she is. I hope I'm wrong, the more Starks at the family reunion the better. 

Kings Landing: Lord Tarly is a dick, he'll obviously side with the Lannisters. I also don't see what's so revolutionary about that massive crossbow Qyburn is making when we've seen them before in the show and it needs the dragons to be sat still right in front of it. Still reckon they'll kill a dragon though, I just hope it's believable when they do.

Dragonstone: I liked Varys' reasons for backing Daenerys, believable and fits with her ideals. The Grey Worm Missandei sex scene seemed a bit unnecessary but after all the screen time they've given them had to happen I guess. Looking forward to seeing Tyrion take Casterly Rock but hope he stays long enough to reunite with Jon Snow first. 

Greyjoys: Didn't enjoy the battle scene that much as I could barely tell what was going on. Would have been better if two Sand Snakes had been killed just in battle, not single handed by Euron who also captured Asha himself. And Theon, come on man... again?

Edited by RandoEFC

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

*******SpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilersSpoilers*******

Good episode that. Nervous about a few things.

Arya: I hope I'm wrong here, but my interpretation of that scene with the wolf and her conclusion "that's not you" seems to be her deciding that being the girl who goes home just isn't who she is. I hope I'm wrong, the more Starks at the family reunion the better.

Felt more like that she is recognizable, and still a Stark no matter what else

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Kings Landing: Lord Tarly is a dick, he'll obviously side with the Lannisters. I also don't see what's so revolutionary about that massive crossbow Qyburn is making when we've seen them before in the show and it needs the dragons to be sat still right in front of it. Still reckon they'll kill a dragon though, I just hope it's believable when they do.

Lord Tarly is a baller.

6 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Greyjoys: Didn't enjoy the battle scene that much as I could barely tell what was going on. Would have been better if two Sand Snakes had been killed just in battle, not single handed by Euron who also captured Asha himself. And Theon, come on man... again?

Euron Greyjoy is also a baller.

Daenerys sure has a high and mighty ego even though she is a ruler who has never swung a sword before. 'He will bend the knee" xD

The look on her face (If Rhaegar and Lyanna's marriage was legitimate), when it's revealed Jon is the rightful heir, will be just as satisfying as Cersei's inevitable death. 

Good episode I thought, better than the first. 

Nothing good has ever come from the lord in the north leaving Winterfell. Rickard Stark executed, Ned Stark executed, and Robb Stark executed. Hoping Jon doesn't see the same fate. 

I thought the unsullied were completely lacking in the hardware required to partake? Was that a body double or the body of the real actress of missandei. I hope the latter.

Euron the beast demon taking out everyone was a stretch. Things are getting more fanciful as we go. Especially if Sam heals sir Jorah.

Marwyn is quite different from the books imo. 

Jon strangling baelish before leaving him with Sansa was a true dumb move typical of house stark. Fuck sake man learn from your mistakes. 

Dany definitely becoming less likeable by the day. 

8 hours ago, Harry said:

I thought the unsullied were completely lacking in the hardware required to partake? Was that a body double or the body of the real actress of missandei. I hope the latter.

Euron the beast demon taking out everyone was a stretch. Things are getting more fanciful as we go. Especially if Sam heals sir Jorah.

Marwyn is quite different from the books imo. 

Jon strangling baelish before leaving him with Sansa was a true dumb move typical of house stark. Fuck sake man learn from your mistakes. 

Dany definitely becoming less likeable by the day. 

He didn't drop a coin in the slot machine, dry humped it and then put his head inside

16 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I read an article on this where the showrunners actually explained the reasoning behind it. It's actually a call back to Season One. Not that I can remember but Ned Stark said to Arya that one day she will be a lady and get married to which she replied "No. That's not me"

When she see's her direwolf, she obviously wants it to come back home with her and be a loyal companion. But the direwolf, recognising her, doesn't want that as "That's not her", it's clearly moved on doing it's own thing and leader of a pack.

So by Arya saying "That's not you" to her direwolf, even though she's kinda heartbroken, she realises that the wolf is only doing what she would do if she was the wolf.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

I read an article on this where the showrunners actually explained the reasoning behind it. It's actually a call back to Season One. Not that I can remember but Ned Stark said to Arya that one day she will be a lady and get married to which she replied "No. That's not me"

When she see's her direwolf, she obviously wants it to come back home with her and be a loyal companion. But the direwolf, recognising her, doesn't want that as "That's not her", it's clearly moved on doing it's own thing and leader of a pack.

So by Arya saying "That's not you" to her direwolf, even though she's kinda heartbroken, she realises that the wolf is only doing what she would do if she was the wolf.

An incredibly unlikely reunion that ultimately comes to nothing.... i was hopeful of her charging back into winterfell head of a literal pack of wolves....

Better episode than the opening episode, much more exciting. Even though Theon's decision may have been cowardly, it was the right decision. Would've got both her and himself killed if he tried anything.

23 hours ago, Cicero said:

Daenerys sure has a high and mighty ego even though she is a ruler who has never swung a sword before. 'He will bend the knee" xD

The look on her face (If Rhaegar and Lyanna's marriage was legitimate), when it's revealed Jon is the rightful heir, will be just as satisfying as Cersei's inevitable death. 

I'm hoping there's more to that than them just trying to make her look like a strong leader. Possibly her starting to suffer from the madness the Targaryens are famous for? Heel turn impending.