talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will Win the 2017/18 Champions League?

football forum

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blue said:

I have to respectfully disagree with you. Real Madrid are awful right now, but they are still Real Madrid and with the best squad in the world, they don't need to resolve problems to win. They are favourites regardless of what issues they have. I recall last year people said the same thing, that they are playing awful football and aren't favourites. The result was that they won the Champions League anyways.

For me, Manchester City will put up a proper fight again, as will Barcelona but Real Madrid are still the favourites regardless of their struggles.

Real Madrid are still back to back defending champions so should be favourites. Also if they don't catch up to barca in the league they will focus on the CL more like they did really two years ago. All it takes is a good draw to win this. You need luck but they have the players. Although not having a guy like Morata on the bench has been an issue for them this year. All they need is ronaldo to get his form right come 2nd half of the year and they will be seen as the team to beat.

Barca even though Neymar isn't there i think are a bigger threat than last year.

PSG I think will be the most fresh out of any team deep into the comp. Which is scary as they have a scary strike force. I think they are certainly a top 3 favourite.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Barcelona will win it this year. But Real Mardrid, Juventus, PSG man city man utd all have a good chance. English teams are getting stronger again in my opinion

If Barca have the league wrapped up come Feb/March, I can see them having a great shot. PSG will be the freshes team in the knockouts. 

United, City, and Spurs the other three teams going in on top form. (Who knows if they keep that form come the new year)

Then there could be either the dark horses in Roma and Napoli (who I think both will be bested in the later rounds by English opposition) 

There is us, Juve, Bayern, and Real, clubs who could get it into gear come the 2nd half of the season. (we did back in 2012 after a terrible start) 

Won't be surprised if it's an all English final at the moment. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Mate... Girona beat them last weekend. Without going into how they’ve struggled against everyone so far this season.

In saying that... Anything is possible and why not believe! 

Whatever.

two stats stand out: 

• This was Real Madrid’s first defeat in 30 matches in the group stages of the Champions League. The last time they lost was five years ago, away at Dortmund.
  • 3-1 is the highest defeat for Real Madrid under Zidane. They’ve only lost nine matches under the Frenchman.

whatever way you look at it this was a huge win

football forum
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Whatever.

two stats stand out: 

• This was Real Madrid’s first defeat in 30 matches in the group stages of the Champions League. The last time they lost was five years ago, away at Dortmund.
  • 3-1 is the highest defeat for Real Madrid under Zidane. They’ve only lost nine matches under the Frenchman.

Real Madrid are a complete shambles at the moment, I'm not taking anything away from the win but it's not as not as clear cut as you've made out there.

• Subscriber
Just now, Cannabis said:

Real Madrid are a complete shambles at the moment, I'm not taking anything away from the win but it's not as not as clear cut as you've made out there.

Yes it is. They are facts

’complete shambles’ but highest defeat under Zidane. Haven’t lost a CL group game in 5 years. 

football forum
Just now, Storts said:

Yes it is. They are facts

’complete shambles’ but highest defeat under Zidane. Haven’t lost a CL group game in 5 years. 

Missed the point completely, but OK.

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Whatever.

two stats stand out: 

I’m not saying it wasn’t a huge win and neither am I trying to take any merit from the victory. If I say that this particular moment was a good one to contemplate what you did as a possibility, would I be going over the top? Considering everything?

It still had to be done and you could’ve beaten them in both legs too. You had the chances to do it in the Santiago Bernabéu!

All I was pointing out is that at this moment in time your result isn’t a shock and if it isn’t a shock, then it could’ve been expected. They (Real) even suffered to beat Fuenlabrada in the Copa del Rey by winning 2-0 with two penalties... Fuenlabrada in the third tier had plenty of chances to get something from the game and Girona played Real off the park on the weekend... A side that’s playing in La Liga for the first time in their history. 

Real Madrid have looked dodgy for most of last year. When they feel like getting in gear, they will. Its a huge win for Spurs regardless of how bad Madrid have been. Have you guys seen their squad?

Manchester United have been good this season and they couldn't do it.

6 hours ago, Storts said:

Whatever.

two stats stand out: 

Not true, we murdered them 4-1 a few weeks back then Destroyed Spurs 3-0 a few days after :coffee:

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

If this were Real last year you'd think this result would have happened? Same goes with Atletico not having to change stadiums. Doubt we would of been so dominate. 

In fairness so have Spurs.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'd actually like to see an all Arab Cup final. Battle of the Oil barons. Would be a quality contest in fairness.

Wouldn't you like a self funded club like City to make the final? :what:  ..we are a role model to everyone on how to have zero debt and still rake in enough cash through good business to spend big also  ..we also play the best football in the world and it would be nice to see an English team win it by playing attacking football  ..oh, and we are owned by royalty too!  B|

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Wouldn't you like a self funded club like City to make the final? :what:  ..we are a role model to everyone on how to have zero debt and still rake in enough cash through good business to spend big also  ..we also play the best football in the world and it would be nice to see an English team win it by playing attacking football  ..oh, and we are owned by royalty too!  B|

Of course pal. As I said, an all Arab final.

Or as they might say in Pro Evo, Etihad Blue v Qatar Paris.

• 3 weeks later...

@SirBalon 

A PSG vs Manchester City matchup in the Champions League would be a sight to behold (we won't get to see that potential matchup between the two teams until the Quarterfinals at the very earliest, the rate they're going, winning their respective groups).

Both sides feature beautiful attacking football. I can't even begin to pick a winner: who would win the contest between them? Who'd have the edge, however slight it may be??

• The topic was unpinned

Archived