talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League Group Stage Draw

football forum

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some dull games in there like United/Benfica & Real/Dortmund who always seem to face each other, United & City's group looks like Europa league draws quite frankly. Spurs have a tough group.. but I'd put them ahead of Dortmund 'if' it had not been for their abysmal showing last season.

• Subscriber

Honestly don't get the over reaction - yes Real Madrid will be very difficult, but Dortmund aren't the same side they were, they're no better than us. No pressure this year either. We'll see.

Boring draw though, have done Madrid and Dortmund recently 

8 minutes ago, Storts said:

Honestly don't get the over reaction - yes Real Madrid will be very difficult, but Dortmund aren't the same side they were, they're no better than us. No pressure this year either. We'll see.

Boring draw though, have done Madrid and Dortmund recently 

Have to say i laughed when i saw the group but then again apart from Madrid at this moment Spurs can beat Dortmund.

• Subscriber
Just now, True Blue said:

Have to say i laughed when i saw the group but then again apart from Madrid at this moment Spurs can beat Dortmund.

Yeah, no doubt it will be tough - but Dortmund are not unbeatable. I'd say we're on a very similar level and we stand a chance. We're in the competition to play the best teams so I don't mind, other than the fact i'd rather it was new teams for me 

Just now, Storts said:

Yeah, no doubt it will be tough - but Dortmund are not unbeatable. I'd say we're on a very similar level and we stand a chance. We're in the competition to play the best teams so I don't mind, other than the fact i'd rather it was new teams for me 

Hell even Madrid aren't unbeatable, just not sure about Wembley tough  :ph34r:

Tough group for Tottenham but I don't think it's that unlikely that they might go through. Real Madrid are a level above but Borussia Dortmund really aren't right now. It'll be interesting to see if Wembley still plays a negative part in their efforts.

Difficult group for Chelsea as well although Atletico Madrid look broken and slightly limited in how they play and would love for Roma to go through but they rarely look good in Europe.

Straightforward groups for the other English clubs.

I don't think either of the Manchester clubs will have any difficulties in getting through, Chelsea will go through alongside Atletico too. 

Spurs will just come down to what they can do against Dortmund, expect them both to beat APOEL and both lose to Real Madrid. Hope they do it.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Probably meant the Bernabeau

Interestingly, Real Madrid is like the one side Chelsea never seem to play. Plenty of clashes against Barcelona and the other top sides along the years like Bayern etc but never Real.

43 minutes ago, DNA said:

Interestingly, Real Madrid is like the one side Chelsea never seem to play. Plenty of clashes against Barcelona and the other top sides along the years like Bayern etc but never Real.

Last time we did Dennis Wise lifted the supercup. 

• Subscriber

A load more repeat draws. Mad how year in year out certain ties are avoided.

Manchester United should win that group, although I did have a chuckle at someone posting up them coming 3rd in a group with Benfica, Basel and Otelul Galati. No, but really, no excuses there.

Manchester City I think will qualify but very hard to say who'll be top out of them and Napoli.

Chelsea's group is tricky but I expect them to come through it. Wouldn't rule them out of coming 3rd though.

Liverpool, similar to Man City, it's a toss up to win that group between them and Sevilla you would imagine. Only world class sides can knock Sevilla out of Europe, mind.

Tottenham I think are probably fucked, still no evidence that they're past this supposed Wembley hoodoo and Dortmund got the better of them last time. Real Madrid were the ones to avoid.

Celtic absolutely fucked, although it's not beyond them to get 3rd at all.

You just KNOW PSG and Barca will meet in the knockout stages. Cannae wait!

Utd could very well have easy matchups "all the way" to the quarters/semis:) Group A: 1) Utd 2) Benfica

Haven't seen too much of AS Roma in action but I'm impressed with Napoli. Beautiful football. Think Chelsea might just edge out Atletico in this group. Hard to say. Group C: 1) Chelsea 2) Atletico

Everyone's saying Liverpool will top the group over Sevilla. That remains to be seen. Group E: 1) Sevilla 2) Liverpool

It'll be interesting to see how Monaco does. They are not the same team as last season. RB Leipzig finished above Borussia Dortmund. No mean feat. Group G too hard to call.

Sorry, but I'm not convinced by this Bayern team. Something's off. Muller used to provide the spark. Reckon PSG might top the group above em. Group B: 1) PSG 2) Bayern

I'm surprising myself by saying that Barca might finish above Juventus. Something to prove. Points to make. Group D: 1) Barcelona 2) Juventus

City vs Napoli should make for some sparkling "champagne" attractive attacking football. Defo circling that on the calendar. Group F: 1) City 2) Napoli

Not Madrid and Dortmund again! Madrid won't have a problem with this group. They're my pick to make history ("threepeat" like the legendary Ajax and Bayern teams of the 1970s) and win it all (again). Group H: 1) Madrid 2) Dortmund

DIBowv6U0AAYa87 (1).jpg

Archived