The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2017/2018 - Matchday 2

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Faithcore said:

Kai Dittmann ist so eine Wurst.

Am schlimmsten ist seine Aussprache von Pulisic. 

It's the right pronunciation though. Pulisic is American, not Croatian. Kai Dittman is actually one of the few German commentators who pronounce his name correctly. xD

Anyway, saw most of the BVB match during my darts match today, and they looked really solid. Sahin and Pulisic were the best players on the pitch. I'm very happy for Nuri and that he's finally able to play a big part again. 

Nein. Die Aussprache von Pulisic in der Form von Dittmann ist kompletter Bullshit. 

Erstens ist es trotzdem ein kroatischer Name (Vater ist ja auch Kroate meine ich), also ergibt das Null Sinn ihn so auszusprechen und zweitens wenn er schon meint ihn so auszusprechen, dann auch richtig amerikanisch. Das macht er ja auch nicht.

4 hours ago, Faithcore said:

Nein. Die Aussprache von Pulisic in der Form von Dittmann ist kompletter Bullshit. 

Erstens ist es trotzdem ein kroatischer Name (Vater ist ja auch Kroate meine ich), also ergibt das Null Sinn ihn so auszusprechen und zweitens wenn er schon meint ihn so auszusprechen, dann auch richtig amerikanisch. Das macht er ja auch nicht.

As he is an American he wants his name to be said the way his compatriots say it, that is to be called what he has been called his whole life. Does not seem that strange to me.

1 hour ago, Relling said:

As he is an American he wants his name to be said the way his compatriots say it, that is to be called what he has been called his whole life. Does not seem that strange to me.

Exactly. Funny how many Germans can't seem to comprehend that :D I think his father is American as well, and only his paternal grandparents were Croatian. Now we have one commentator who pronounces him the American way, the way Pulisic himself wants it, and everyone complains about it. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived