talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

World Cup Qualification (Europe) - Group B

Good prospects for the World Cup. I think we can do a good campaign. Reaching the semis, at least.

The sector that will worry Fernando Santos the most in the center of the defense. You can't have both center-backs being 34/35 years-old. The rest of the squad though, will be just fine. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Machado said:

It would be good if we started playing actual football. We get the results but it can't last forever without proper football... or can it?

The team is solid though!  I agree with ASF in that the centre of the defence needs at least one member with young blood with pace...  The other central defender with his experience will marshal the younger one.  Aside from that, the team has belief and after the European Championships they know how to win and play the whole tournament by pacing themselves which is detrimental to a side that wants to compete to the latter stages.

I doubt Fernando Santos is going to change too much when he has a formula that has worked.  It's based on being as solid as possible and taking the chances that arrive.

Archived